The Last Guardian from Playstation Lifestyle - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The Last Guardian from Playstation Lifestyle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
merely human

Default The Last Guardian from Playstation Lifestyle

Click the image to go there (teaser trailer).

Talk about it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Homer of Kittens

The boy has a huge resemblance to the kid from ICO, and his female companion is replaced by a giant bird. Looks truly fascinating.

Firefox rules
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Psychonaut

Interesting.

Look forward to seeing more about how you play the game.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
Restless Dreamer

Looks like a baby griffin to me. Can't wait - ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are 2 of my all-time faves, and this one looks very promising, although the trailer doesn't really show anything revolutionary regarding gameplay, but it's still early.
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #5

It's a unique creature, so I don't think it's a griffin (gryphon). Looks like a mix between a cat, rat and a dragon. And Falkor.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #6

Woke up , went to office, there was constant chatter, i said what i missed. I checked the trailer and floored in amazement.

trailer is year old, placeholder name and music, but man evrything what imagined and more, same feeling, same vibe , even the graphics are year old and for test purpose, it still is more atmospheric than shadery nextgen.

Considering the painstaking gameplay , i wonder if it will make this year. Anyways teamico has done hatrick.

(My idea was some big figure/alien connected with boy with chain based on teaser chain image before, and you have to solve puzzles together considering the bounded nature and using chain itself in different ways. I figured helping companion because all ueda games are inspired from anotherworld/heartofdarkness, if you think hard , this game is not too different , some alien helping it out, but this time collosal rat hybrid will surely change dynamics of gameplay).

Some reservations

I am not that much in awe with rat design, hope they change it, its not so original and too generic animish.

I hope there will be other collosal creatures to avoid OR fight.

And first game in series to have human enemies, well they should not be in good number to destroy isolation.

Last edited by nomadsoul; 05-20-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Confused

This really blew me away when I saw it this afternoon, another one to add to my wishlist. What I want to know is how much control you'll have, whether it be you play the kid, with no real control over the gryphony thing, or you control it. Might be cool not to have any direct control over the gryphon thing, like its a real creature, but that could get tedious.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #8
In an evening of July...

I'm certain you won't have any control over the kitty, just like you had none over the girl in ICO and the horse in SotC. It's about bonding with your fellow, which wouldn't really work if you control him.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:12 AM   #9

Wait you didn't have control on horse?
Maybe i played different version.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #10
In an evening of July...

You controlled it like any horseman controls his horse, not directly but by giving it commands via your character it might or might not follow. But maybe I got the question wrong, and OutlawJim was asking whether there will be this kind of control over the kitty creature.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #11

Even without wanderer, the horse controls would have been similar, horse can can only run, jump and move slow like when we get control by hopping on its back.

Same thing here, (i guess) once you will mount rathybrid , you can control it, more like mounting and control. Using body to reach places, hang and what not. However once you are unmounted(you will play as boy) and can only order/call (like yoda).

Still early prototype, the original NICO trailer and Sotc was different, so wonder how many changes will take place in final version. The team is amazing to make impossible possible, so really hyped after this trailer, sony must show something at E3, updated build, and i believe this leak was intentional, since its way old, maybe plan is to leak old build for hype and blow fans further by showing new build at E3.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #12

I F'ING love Team ICO, and I've loved both games so far. For me, it seems like they create games that truly capture the essence of dreams. Reminds me a lot of books like "Where the Wild Things Are" and such. Child dreams and fantasies re-imagined!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #13

When this comes out, I will buy a PS3.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #14
handsome

buy one for me too
Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Restless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
When this comes out, I will buy a PS3.
Yes, I think I will FINALLY have to break down and get one too because of this game. I've been holding out, just waiting for either (A) the price to come down or (B) Heavy Rain or trICO to finally be released.
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #16

Yeah, for me there's no point buying a console unless there's something really special on it (that you can't get anywhere else). I only bought my PS2 to play Ico and Colossus plus We Love Katamari and since then my library has not expanded beyond Sands of Time and Okami.

I don't buy the games for the console, I buy the console for the games.

Right now reasons for me to get a PS3 are: Little Big Planet, Brutal Legend and this.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #17

I have my friends all around me to buy PS3 for gow3, i think its most wanted game after MGS4, why nobody showing kratos love here?
Maybe after E3, lol.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #18

No Kratos love from me. I respect the work behind it and on paper it should be something I would like (Greek mythology, grand adventure) but the all-out nastiness plus Quick Time Events ruin it for me.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #19
handsome

Many love gow, i dont see why
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Many love gow, i dont see why
Battle system, cool cinematic bloody, nicely choreographed finishers,outstanding bossfights, badassery to limits, epicness, generic greek myth turned totally creative, both in artistic design and story/presentation, compounded with epic musical score.

Thats gow for me. I dont mind QTE, its not like game is easy and dont require hardhitting fight skills like DMC.