You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Batman: Arkham Asylum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
handsome

Default Batman: Arkham Asylum

Name:  batman-arkham-asylum-20080815104654684_640w.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  9.9 KB

New Trailer (with gameplay) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...&rdir=1&rdir=1

wow Gordon looks badass!! just look at the him

Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  12.6 KB

Wiki, confirmed characters:
Quote:
Bruce Wayne / Batman. He will be voiced by actor Kevin Conroy, who reprises his role as the Batman from DC animated universe(...) The Joker: He will be an inmate in the asylum and the main antagonist. He will be voiced by actor Mark Hamill, who reprises his role as the Joker from the DC animated universe'and Birds of Prey.(...) Commissioner James Gordon(...) Barbara Gordon / Oracle: A radio contact for Batman throughout the game.(...) Waylon Jones / Killer Croc(...) Edward Nigma / The Riddler and Bane(...)
Game Informer further states they saw evidence through concept art, in-game clues and hints around the offices of Rocksteady Studios that widen the possible cast of villains to include, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, The Scarecrow and Poison Ivy.
(...) Two-Face might also be featured in the game.
Well, kinda looks promising. What do you guys think?

btw Mark Hamill rocks.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
A Servicable Villain

I'm slowly getting more excited by this title. They've obviously taken cues from The Dark Knight and Asylum Inmates (the music and visual style is unmistakable), but it looks quite nice. Hamill's inclusion is a masterstroke of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

If they manage to create a fun game with interesting, Bat-like fighting, it might become very nice. But I'm cautious. It's still a possibility that the game will feature bland fighting with too much combo's and shit that nobody cares about (The Force Unleashed, anyone?). I'd rather have three interesting, tactical moves that you have to use judicially than a whole batch of alike moves that just muddy everything up.

So, waiting for the reviews it is! =)
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
handsome

Wait, too much combos? Is there such a thing?

The more the merrier, no? DMC3 and God Hand (btw im loving this game ) has a sh*t load of combos, yet I wish there was even more.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
Schättenjager

At least looks better than lego batman!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

They have the best possible voice actors at least.

If you make a Batman game, you must have Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as the voices.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 AM   #6

Most promising-looking Batman game in years and I dig Mark Hamill as much as the next chick, but does anybody feel that he barely sounds anything like the DCAU Joker in this? It sounds like he's going for a difference performance.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
handsome

^
He also sounded a bit different when he did Justice League Unlimited and that one episode of Superman: Animated Series.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
^
He also sounded a bit different when he did Justice League Unlimited and that one episode of Superman: Animated Series.
He kinda sounded disturbingly like the Joker when he played the Fire Lord in Avatar, though...
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
Life and times of...

Batman looks ridiculous though. I mean, it might be intentional, I don't know, but it's still too much. I probably couldn't even play it, were I interested...
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #10

Looks like it's going to be the best Batman game since Batman Returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkredshoes View Post
Does anybody feel that he barely sounds anything like the DCAU Joker in this? It sounds like he's going for a difference performance.
He sounded exactly the same to me... Maybe it's just because I've watched way to much DCAU.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #11
handsome

New trailer (with gameplay) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46636.html

Looking good.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
handsome

Challenge Room Walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47317.html

Awesome !
Old 03-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #13

I wish they had modeled Joker after Heath Ledger's character.. it would've been more compelling
Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #14

I imagine they'd want to do their own Joker simply because Ledger is gone and any attempt to copy his interpretation without him would fall flat.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #15

Yeah but that would attract significantly more people to the game though..
Old 03-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
I wish they had modeled Joker after Heath Ledger's character.. it would've been more compelling
Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation. I am eager to see more of this game as it has a nice atmosphere and supposely will have stealth elements which sounds very interesting. It also helps again that its based on the comics that supposely have a pretty good story.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation. I am eager to see more of this game as it has a nice atmosphere and supposely will have stealth elements which sounds very interesting. It also helps again that its based on the comics that supposely have a pretty good story.
Well I didn't know there was such comic, makes sense that they made him based on it then

Anyways I hope that joker skits, whatever he will look like, will be upped on youtube
Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #18
handsome

Quote:
Yeah but that would attract significantly more people to the game though..
Not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation.
It's based on the Batman: Arkham Asylum graphic novel written by Grant Morisson.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #19
It's Hard To Be Humble

They've done a number of Arkham stories over the years, but I tend to think that Morrison's Arkham story is still the most compelling, even though it falls apart without the highly stylized art of Dave McKean. That book was a big influence on me back in my high school years.

I'm not sure about that first screencap at the top. The modelling and rendering both remind me a little too much of some much older 3D games, all chunky and bruised looking. Still, if they dish out a strong story, it might be worth checking out.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #20

Quote:
I am glad they didn't do it, everything in this game is what i would have done as director of batman game, i hope boss fights would be awesome other wise i am getting it.