You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General ANOTHER steam holiday sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
delusions of adequacy

Default ANOTHER steam holiday sale.

Publisher catalogue deals through January 3rd (50% of Ubisoft titles, 66% off Atari titles etc etc). 80% off indie titles. Telltale EVERYTHING pack, $50.

Daily crazy deals too. Today for $7.50US you can own Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off). Mirror's Edge is up for $5 again too.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Publisher catalogue deals through January 3rd (50% of Ubisoft titles, 66% off Atari titles etc etc). 80% off indie titles. Telltale EVERYTHING pack, $50.

Daily crazy deals too. Today for $7.50US you can own Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off). Mirror's Edge is up for $5 again too.
Yep, I just picked up GTA4. I also got The Witcher Enhanced/Director's Cut for $13.59. I'm considering Mirror's Edge too at that $5 price, even though I don't know much about it.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #3

They have discounted Torchlight to $5, today only!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
M-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbunniii View Post
Yep, I just picked up GTA4. I also got The Witcher Enhanced/Director's Cut for $13.59. I'm considering Mirror's Edge too at that $5 price, even though I don't know much about it.
Mirror's Edge is absolute genius imho! Although I must admit I played it on console, so I don't know how well the pc version plays.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #5

Anything first person is better on PC.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
M-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
Anything first person is better on PC.
What I meant was that the console version took quite a while to master, while the PC version might be too easy due to the mouse-keyboard controls.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:59 AM   #7
Random

Woah, awesome prices!

I think i'll buy Red Faction: Guerilla. It costs only $9,99!

EDIT: Awww, not anymore!!

Quote:
Grand Theft Auto 4 (75% off).
I wish I had bought it.

I'm looking for GTA 4 on steam deals but i can't find it even for the normal price. They have sold it just for a while?

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 12-27-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #8
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
I'm looking for GTA 4 on steam deals but i can't find it even for the normal price. They have sold it just for a while?
It is not sold in your region (on steam). On Gog.com there was another gamer in Brasil who wanted to buy GTA 4 on steam and had to seek the aid of a US/Canada resident to buy and gift it to him through steam. There is a thread about it on the gog.com general forum. Its dedicated to helping people get around the steam currency/region blocks.

I was thinking of getting RFG too, but its had some nightmare reports on the steam forums for stability. The steam version still hasn't been updated with the latest official patch. I did pick up Armoured Princess (the sequel to King's Bounty) for $10. Chuffed.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
Random

Quote:
It is not sold in your region (on steam). On Gog.com there was another gamer in Brasil who wanted to buy GTA 4 on steam and had to seek the aid of a US/Canada resident to buy and gift it to him through steam. There is a thread about it on the gog.com general forum. Its dedicated to helping people get around the steam currency/region blocks.

I was thinking of getting RFG too, but its had some nightmare reports on the steam forums for stability. The steam version still hasn't been updated with the latest official patch. I did pick up Armoured Princess (the sequel to King's Bounty) for $10. Chuffed.
Ohhh, I see. I'll check that thread on gog.com. About RFG, what a shame, I think I'll wait then.

Thank you Crunchy!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
Staff Member

I do love Steam's insane sales. If I hadn't got such a preference for physical, retail copies then I'd probably be spending like mad right now. I definitely recommend checking out Torchlight, Braid, Trine and World of Goo for some non-adventure discounts, although you might be best to wait until the very last day of the sales, just incase they include anything you want during their daily special deals.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
delusions of adequacy

Kind of annoying that you need to be there when the counter switches over. Some days (maybe all?) they've had deals that only lasted the first few hours of the one day sale. Prey got pulled hours after that day's sale started (yesterday). Today, Max Payne 1 and 2 where on sale for less than $3 each and they ran out hours after Today's deals started.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
Junior Mint

Quote:
Today, Max Payne 1 and 2 where on sale for less than $3 each and they ran out hours after Today's deals started.
They're on sale for $2.50 US right now. Hurry! 11 hours left!