Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Batman: Arkham Asylum (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/23982-batman-arkham-asylum.html)

TiAgUh 01-29-2009 04:01 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1697

New Trailer (with gameplay) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...&rdir=1&rdir=1

wow Gordon looks badass!! just look at the him :D

Attachment 1698

Wiki, confirmed characters:
Quote:

Bruce Wayne / Batman. He will be voiced by actor Kevin Conroy, who reprises his role as the Batman from DC animated universe(...)The Joker: He will be an inmate in the asylum and the main antagonist. He will be voiced by actor Mark Hamill, who reprises his role as the Joker from the DC animated universe'and Birds of Prey.(...)Commissioner James Gordon(...)Barbara Gordon / Oracle: A radio contact for Batman throughout the game.(...)Waylon Jones / Killer Croc(...)Edward Nigma / The Riddler and Bane(...)
Game Informer further states they saw evidence through concept art, in-game clues and hints around the offices of Rocksteady Studios that widen the possible cast of villains to include, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, The Scarecrow and Poison Ivy.
(...)Two-Face might also be featured in the game.
Well, kinda looks promising. What do you guys think?

btw Mark Hamill rocks. :P

Starflux 02-08-2009 05:22 AM

I'm slowly getting more excited by this title. They've obviously taken cues from The Dark Knight and Asylum Inmates (the music and visual style is unmistakable), but it looks quite nice. Hamill's inclusion is a masterstroke of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

If they manage to create a fun game with interesting, Bat-like fighting, it might become very nice. But I'm cautious. It's still a possibility that the game will feature bland fighting with too much combo's and shit that nobody cares about (The Force Unleashed, anyone?). I'd rather have three interesting, tactical moves that you have to use judicially than a whole batch of alike moves that just muddy everything up.

So, waiting for the reviews it is! =)

TiAgUh 02-08-2009 01:24 PM

Wait, too much combos? Is there such a thing? :P

The more the merrier, no? DMC3 and God Hand (btw im loving this game :D) has a sh*t load of combos, yet I wish there was even more.

Gabe 02-09-2009 01:53 AM

At least looks better than lego batman!

Kolzig 02-09-2009 11:41 AM

They have the best possible voice actors at least.

If you make a Batman game, you must have Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as the voices. :)

darkredshoes 02-16-2009 01:22 AM

Most promising-looking Batman game in years and I dig Mark Hamill as much as the next chick, but does anybody feel that he barely sounds anything like the DCAU Joker in this? It sounds like he's going for a difference performance.

TiAgUh 02-16-2009 11:30 AM

^
He also sounded a bit different when he did Justice League Unlimited and that one episode of Superman: Animated Series.

darkredshoes 02-16-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 496571)
^
He also sounded a bit different when he did Justice League Unlimited and that one episode of Superman: Animated Series.

He kinda sounded disturbingly like the Joker when he played the Fire Lord in Avatar, though...

UPtimist 02-23-2009 08:29 AM

Batman looks ridiculous though. I mean, it might be intentional, I don't know, but it's still too much. I probably couldn't even play it, were I interested...

Gιygαs 02-23-2009 04:43 PM

Looks like it's going to be the best Batman game since Batman Returns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkredshoes (Post 496472)
Does anybody feel that he barely sounds anything like the DCAU Joker in this? It sounds like he's going for a difference performance.

He sounded exactly the same to me... http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4963/shakehead3.gif Maybe it's just because I've watched way to much DCAU.

TiAgUh 03-13-2009 05:14 AM

New trailer (with gameplay) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46636.html

Looking good.

TiAgUh 03-27-2009 03:14 PM

Challenge Room Walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47317.html

Awesome ! :P

QDream 03-28-2009 02:25 PM

I wish they had modeled Joker after Heath Ledger's character.. it would've been more compelling :P

Ninja Dodo 03-28-2009 11:17 PM

I imagine they'd want to do their own Joker simply because Ledger is gone and any attempt to copy his interpretation without him would fall flat.

QDream 03-29-2009 01:37 AM

Yeah but that would attract significantly more people to the game though..

MikeLXXXVIII 03-29-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 502105)
I wish they had modeled Joker after Heath Ledger's character.. it would've been more compelling :P

Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation. I am eager to see more of this game as it has a nice atmosphere and supposely will have stealth elements which sounds very interesting. It also helps again that its based on the comics that supposely have a pretty good story.

QDream 03-29-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII (Post 502164)
Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation. I am eager to see more of this game as it has a nice atmosphere and supposely will have stealth elements which sounds very interesting. It also helps again that its based on the comics that supposely have a pretty good story.

Well I didn't know there was such comic, makes sense that they made him based on it then :)

Anyways I hope that joker skits, whatever he will look like, will be upped on youtube :P

TiAgUh 03-29-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 502143)
Yeah but that would attract significantly more people to the game though..

Not me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII (Post 502164)
Well it is based on the dark asylum comics so I would rather have that terms of interpretation.

It's based on the Batman: Arkham Asylum graphic novel written by Grant Morisson.

Lee in Limbo 04-06-2009 07:33 AM

They've done a number of Arkham stories over the years, but I tend to think that Morrison's Arkham story is still the most compelling, even though it falls apart without the highly stylized art of Dave McKean. That book was a big influence on me back in my high school years.

I'm not sure about that first screencap at the top. The modelling and rendering both remind me a little too much of some much older 3D games, all chunky and bruised looking. Still, if they dish out a strong story, it might be worth checking out.

nomadsoul 04-06-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 502105)

I am glad they didn't do it, everything in this game is what i would have done as director of batman game, i hope boss fights would be awesome other wise i am getting it.