You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Gaming News and Rumours

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Next in the Total War series: Shogun 2: Total War

Fantastic news! I'm very excited, as I feel that Shogun is still the best game in the series. Also, I now have a new computer that can actually run these games
Nice. So we now have a Medieval 2 and Shogun 2... so i guess Rome 2 is coming in the future. And that's great, Rome is easily their best game to date.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #322
handsome

Guess they're out of ideias
Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #323
Life and times of...

There are only so many wars you can cover with an adequate knowledge of how things worked and with strategies doable in the TW engine...
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #324

Better than another Madden. -_-

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 06-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #325

IGN has posted a preview for XCOM. It sounds pretty impressive. The trailer is not too shabby either. I've never played the original games, so can't compare them -- but this seems spiffy to me.

GameSpot has posted their first impressions of the deBlob sequel too. It's not Wii exclusive any more.

Last edited by D.C.; 06-11-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
IGN has posted a preview for XCOM. It sounds pretty impressive. The trailer is not too shabby either. I've never played the original games, so can't compare them -- but this seems spiffy to me.
The trailer is ok, i like the setting, dont like the obvious Bioshock inspired shooting. What i can't understand is why the hell did they named it XCom... makes no sense.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #327
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
The trailer is ok, i like the setting, dont like the obvious Bioshock inspired shooting. What i can't understand is why the hell did they named it XCom... makes no sense.
Well, this WAS the direction that the later X-COM games took, wasn't it? A gradual shift toward action gameplay? At any rate, they haven't been my thing since the first two games.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
From what I can see most of the (non hysterical) reaction is that it looks decent, but has no business using the XCOM name. The art direction is nice and even though there most definitely is a strong BioShock vibe, it still looks like something I'd love to play. I guess fans of the original XCOM are entitled to be upset, it would be like turning Monkey Island into a FPS. Doesn't mean it can't be good, though. Here's hoping.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #329

I'm not a fan of XCOM, actually i only played once a long time ago and didn't really liked it. My surprise about the naming is solely based around the... why? They know that the fans would be pissed off so there's no audience there, the others (that are the huge majority) dont have a single idea what XCOM was, the XCOM name its not as big as once was, only old timers and fans know it. So why didn't they start a new IP?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #330
Life and times of...

Beyond Good & Evil HD coming for XBox Live and PSN

Character models, textures etc. bettered, remastered soundtrack. Of course in HD. Maybe this'll help it get the sales it deserves.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #331
The Quiet One

Awesome! I still haven't played the game yet, so this will be a perfect opportunity to give it a go.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #332
The Quiet One

Looks like Batman: Arkham City will be having a new interrogation feature - possibly similar to that of Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Also, there will be an unlockable Guybrush Threepwood skin in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #333
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Awesome! I still haven't played the game yet, so this will be a perfect opportunity to give it a go.
You will fall head over heels in love!

I have a suspicion they're reissuing this classic as a way to ready us for the sequel.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #334
The Quiet One

I hope so.

Anyway, here are... heh, some screenshots:

Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #335
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Nice collection of shots, they did a good job of reminding me just how incredibly awesome this game was. The trade-off is that I always get depressed when I think of how incredibly overlooked it was, as well..

Too bad they won't be releasing this version on the PC, I would definitely get it for another round, what with the updated graphics and all. I hope this is not an indication that a -supposed- sequel will only be released for consoles but I fear this might be the case, anyway.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Old 09-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladroid View Post
Too bad they won't be releasing this version on the PC, I would definitely get it for another round, what with the updated graphics and all.
I don't think it will have improved graphics, i think its only an HD port. The PC version always had HD resolutions.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #337
The Quiet One

Looks like Toonstruck will soon be working on ScummVM!

I've never played the game before, so this will be a perfect chance; and no setting it up in DOSBox.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #338
Life and times of...

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but Tim Schafer is ready to do Psychonauts 2
Quote:
"I'm ready to do it. I'd love to do it. It's really a question of getting a publisher who's interested in doing it."
Old 12-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #339
Psychonaut

Some exciting game receiving their world premier trailer at the Spike VGA awards

November 2011 is starting to look cooool.

Uncharted 3 - Drake's Deception http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...arted-3/708329

Mass Effect 3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-effect/708363

Batman: Arkham City - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-arkham/708342

Resistance 3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...tance-3/708333

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...scrolls/708369

SSXeadly Descents - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-deadly/708356

Portal 2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...ortal-2/708348

Prototype 2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...otype-2/708352

Insane - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-insane/708358

Forza Motorsport 4 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...orsport/708346

Thor - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-thor/708344

Deus Ex 3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cg...deus-ex/708299
Old 12-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #340
Life and times of...

Ooh, interesting (if only there was Mirror's Edge 2 in there too ). ME3, Portal 2 and Elder Scrolls V. It's all sequels, but I don't mind...

I just hope that the new Elder Scrolls is a little more... Interesting than IV. I couldn't get enough of Morrowind, but I didn't really like the surroundings in Oblivion, a bit dull, and the Oblivion gates were just tiresome (and the sheer amount of them! I could've taken a few, but so many... ). Of course, it seems this place now (unless they expand) is a snowy northland, so I'm a little skeptical. I'll get it unless something strange happens, and I'm sure it's really good (and don't get me wrong, I liked Oblivion), but I'll probably tire of the surroundings at some point. If the story's good though, maybe I'll get further this time.