You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Gaming News and Rumours

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #341

I can't wait for Skyrim. It'll be a treat to see an Elder Scrolls world with an amazing new engine powering it. I can't even keep track of the hours and days I spent on Morrowind and Oblivion, and I've been waiting for another Elder Scrolls for awhile now. 2011 is shaping up to be a great year! That'll make up for 2010 anyway.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #342
delusions of adequacy

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these titles aiming for a November release in 2011 (like ESV is), slip to 2012.

I have more confidence that those aiming for a march/april release will actually make it out in their calendar year.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #343
The Quiet One

Amnesia sales near 200,000 copies. There's a possibility the game may be coming to consoles in the future with any luck!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-09-2011, 05:19 AM   #344
The Quiet One

Looks like The Darkness II will be released later this year!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #345
The Quiet One

Beyond Good and Evil HD set for release on March 2 for 800 MSP.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #346
The Quiet One

...And with any luck, the Splinter Cell HD trilogy and Prince of Persia HD trilogy may be coming to XBLA.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #347
Life and times of...

Clint Mansell making Mass Effect 3 music. You know, the guy who is probably best known for Lux Aeterna, THE song from Requiem for a Dream.

The previous composer just moved on to other things, and there wasn't no quarrel with Bioware ( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-10-mass-effect-composer-explains-me3-absence).

Last edited by UPtimist; 02-11-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #348
Life and times of...

Sad, sad news. EA puts Mirror's Edge 2 on halt. Just last summer Söderlund said that Mirror's Edge deserves a sequel, now it didn't sell well enough and the people at DICE have been assigned to other stuff, apparently *gag* Battlefield 3

Quote:
"I still think as a company we're going to talk about it when we're going to talk about it. What I can say is, we haven't buried it. We're absolutely continuing to support Mirror's Edge as an IP. When we're ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it."
Meh. I suppose they'll be talking of giving Faith a machine gun and fight aliens in tight outfits and a boob job. That'll sell, I'm sure... "Oh, it's going to be just as good, only more fitting for larger audiences. It's what everyone wants"
Quote:
"There were issues with the learning curve, the difficulty, the narrative, and then there was no multiplayer either,"
It certainly wasn't too difficult and in fact had a very nice learning curve. The only problems were that the story was rather predictable and the game was a tad too short, and a bit too much action instead of puzzles in a couple parts.

Seriously, if everything's not done for you and handed on a silver plate it's "too hard and has too steap a learning curve". I guess soon the demand will be for commercial Press Space Bar to Win games.

Last edited by UPtimist; 02-14-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #349
The Quiet One

Looks like Double Fine are heading to Sesame Street with Kinect. That was... unexpected.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #350

I like the look of the new game "The Tiny Bang Story". Reminds me of Machinarium
which was awesome.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/images/db/15783.jpg
Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 AM   #351
Life and times of...

Jade Empire "could make a comeback"
Quote:
"The thing with Jade Empire is ultimately it's one of our intellectual properties, it's there, and one that we're intensely proud of. It did such a neat job of building this fantastical world.

"Currently obviously nothing is announced. It's one of those things that long-term, Jade [Empire] could make a comeback."

"It's something we look at every once in a while and consider - it's just a matter of where the business is, and the team - making sure everyone is passionate about it before anything happens. It's a number of situational things."
Well, I'll believe it when I see it

Last edited by UPtimist; 03-16-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #352
The Quiet One

Default Alan Wake 2

Looks like Alan Wake 2 is in the works.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it isn't.

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 05-10-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #353
Life and times of...

Well, at least it'll be interesting to see what it'll be, if it's a new Alan Wake game-or-something but not DLC and not Alan Wake 2
Old 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #354

I didn't mind Alan Wake...... there's a few wrinkles but overall I enjoyed it.
I think I am the only one though.. ha
Old 06-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #355
Life and times of...

EA to GOG

Apparently they "will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months". Right now they have Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima Underworld 1+2 and next they'll do Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

After that, it's still a secret.

I have to be honest though, some of these I've never even heard of and the rest I've barely a hunch of. I'm hoping there's something big on the way too (and I'm sure sum of these are big to others, too).

Also, Ultima IV for free at http://www.ultimaforever.com/
Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #356
merely human

Michel Ancel on Beyond Good & Evil 2: I'm waiting for it as much as you are | Joystiq

Quote:
Is Beyond Good & Evil 2 still alive? Yes. Will you still be alive when it comes out? Well, that's a question we posed to project lead Michel Ancel, whose attention is currently focused on his vibrant 2D platformer, Rayman: Origins. "Before Rayman we were working on Beyond Good & Evil 2," he said during an E3 meeting. "And the project is still on the tracks. I'd love to come back to it."

Ancel describes the game as an ambitious, conceptually amorphous undertaking, still being prototyped and still looking for a home. "It's a question of making all those things able to fit the constraints of the consoles," he said. "But with this kind of game, we can do prototypes on very high-end PCs and we can really try to play in the kind of future-console style hardware. So, it's just a question of saying, 'Okay, do we cut everything and rebuild to these consoles, or do we try to move forward?'"

Does that mean the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are out? "I can't say totally no," Ancel said, "but the questions are still open."

The small team crafting Beyond Good and Evil 2 is wary of downscaling its vision, making it essential "to have the game on the best platform, to make [the concepts] fit." And while that happens, for who-knows-how-long, fans can take advantage of the game industry's diversity."The good thing is we are not the only one making games, so they can play a lot of other games," Ancel joked.

"The main thing, I would say, is that I'm waiting for that game as much as they are waiting for it. So that's pushing me to finish it."
Two words: Cock. Tease.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #357
Life and times of...

Oh hey, Trep.

I've been reading these news too. The essence, if it doesn't come out there, of most of the articles I've been reading, is that BG&E2 isn't coming out on the current consoles. I was left a little uncertain though on whether it meant that it is coming on the next and whether it might be coming on the PC earlier.

Anyways, it being E3 there's a huge bunch of news out there right now. I won't post any links, but off the top of my head news that interested me...

Halo 4 being made and starting a new trilogy (I'm not sure what I think of this, especialy since it won't be Bungie anymore) Also, Halo: Combat Evolved getting a complete 10th anniversary makeover, as was rumoured.

Mass Effect 3 got a release date of (if I can remember correctly) 6th March 2012.

Apparently they're doing Leisure Suit Larry remakes, or rather re-releases. On multiple platforms.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #358
The Quiet One

Grand Theft Auto V development 'well underway'

Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #359
Stalker of Britain

1C announced today another King's Bounty game, "Warriors of the North". I am tooo excited, since I love the Kings Bounty series, although not much information has been released yet.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #360
Adventure Game Researcher

I have heard that Jade Empire 2 is a possibility also. And Lucas Arts is making some sort of open world game don't know any details. Dreamfall episodes are possible after Secret World Launches next year and Ragnar and Funcom will be free to get back their real work. GameLoft is opening a new studio in Budapest, so one can expect they will be expanding their titles.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs