You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #21
Friendly Server Admin

No, it's a DVD. Just not a standard filesystem.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
Lovable rogue

Hehe, Douglas is a fountain of knowledge. When will we get more games? I've been lost since I completed the glorious Twilight Princess.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Hehe, Douglas is a fountain of knowledge. When will we get more games? I've been lost since I completed the glorious Twilight Princess.
Get Elebits and have some real fun!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #24
Lovable rogue

It's not out here until March.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #25
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
Yeah I have a lovely Sony DVD player... I wish Sony would just keep to those. lol. No worries guys, I'll just wait until a theres stock, which will be like FOREVER!
I think we should learn from our PS3 friends. That if you want a Wii, just shoot someone for it
Old 02-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I've got a wii! And I am playing Zelda. Wish there were more games.. what are the hot games coming on the horizon?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #27
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Super Paper Mario is at least one that is coming soon.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #28
Lovable rogue

I think it's a shame they didn't include online play with Wii Sports, it'd be fun to take on one of you guys in tennis or something.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #29
Banned User

^That would be very cool.

Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime & Super Smash bro's should come out soon. I think that MP & SSB's should be online enabled. That should be cool.

When online games come out... I'll make a thread, in this forum, to get all your names (in the game), to play against you.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #30
Ghettobob22

I have a Wii, it took six thousand phone calls and quite a bit of luck but I got one Now if only I liked Zelda: TP...

Old 02-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #31
eXo

If Wii follows the past few Nintendo consoles tradition you'll get 2 maybe 3 great first party titles per year, and a lot of ports in between.

Doesnt seem worth it now, but by the end of the system's run there will be enough AAA titles from the Mario/Metroid/Zelda/etc franchises to leave a good memory in people's minds.

My gamecube library is mainly composed of mario sports titles, zeldas, metroids, and one or two other 4 player style games. Same goes for the N64 games I have save for goldeneye and conkers bad fur day.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:16 AM   #32
Banned User

^Nintendo has 3rd party hits, too. Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Eternal Darkness, Star Wars (launch title), Soul Calibur 2.... Some of these were even exclusive. What upsets me with Nintendo is 1. Childish graphics. 2. No point and click games.

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 02-24-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Moved the Zelda discussion elsewhere
Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #33
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I WANT A NINTENDO WII.
But I can't find one.

(I know, I know, I'm starting to sound like a broken record...)
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #34

Since it seems like you people had no intention of getting back on topic, I've moved the Zelda discussion to its own thread.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 02-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #35

Send a message via MSN to Briton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I WANT A NINTENDO WII.
But I can't find one.

(I know, I know, I'm starting to sound like a broken record...)
I ordered one in October. It still has not arrived.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:05 AM   #36
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

After getting a tip that there would be 12 Wii's at my GAME store in Horsham, I got there at 8am and the store opened at 9pm, and there were only 4 people there, so I was #5, then gradually there was a build to about 30 people. So The first 12 got their Wiis' and the other people got turned back.

Twilight Princess is just... theres no word to describe how beautiful that game is. *sigh*

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Do they have the library of NES, Super NES, etc. games available yet for download on the Wii? If so, has anyone tried that yet?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Do they have the library of NES, Super NES, etc. games available yet for download on the Wii? If so, has anyone tried that yet?
They are slowly releasing a couple or so each week (probably a marketing decision since they can advertise different things each week, instead of an overwhelming "Check out our X-sized library!").

Here's the list so far:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rth_America%29
Old 03-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #39
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Yep, I've been rocking out with the original NES Kirby.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #40

I finally have one after spotting a pre-owned bundle by chance in GameStation with Zelda, Wario, Kororinpa and Wii Sports. Great machine. I have so far downloaded the news, forecast, internet and wii vote channels and bought Mario 64, Kirby and Solomon's Key on Virtual Console.