You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #81
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
I've just read 1Up's impression of Metroid Prime 3, and I'm depressed. According to 1Up, the game "feels like Halo". More action, more intensity, totally linear level design, no backtracking, lots of enemies everywhere and scripted stuff. In other words, Metroid is dead, and its lifeless corpse is being used as a first-person shooter. This is what I was afraid of ever since Metroid Prime: Hunters. If I wanted to play a shooter, I'd play a shooter. I want Metroid! I want to be able to explore interesting world design with some light action sprinkled in. But they've figured out that first-person shooters sell better, so they're selling out. Boo!

I'm depressed.
I thought the original Metroid Prime was a big hit. Bigger than than Echoes or Hunters, anyway. I'd be surprised if they moved in that direction to the extent you say.

I figured they went that route for Hunters because of the system constraints. Perhaps they're doing it now because of the Wiimote.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #82
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

No, I think they're doing it because that way they can sell Metroid as a competitor to Halo, which it never should have been.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #83
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

After this E3, I really want a damn Wii and I want it now.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #84
handsome

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/84795.html

Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #85
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Lame. Humor does not = naming activities by their literal action.

The only funny part is the hula-hoop part, and that's only because it's already pretty silly without the commentary.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:37 AM   #86
Freeware Co-ordinator

It might have worked better if it was shorter. (I found the first couple funny enough but the joke wears thin as it continues) Otherwise they should have tried to come up with ridiculously exciting names for these activities.

I wonder if anyone has mistaken this for the real thing?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-21-2007, 01:49 AM   #87
Lovable rogue

I am in agreement. I like sarcasm as much as the next guy, but you actually have to put some effort into it.

The video did alert me to the existence of Wii Fit, however, which appears to be an interesting concept. It doesn't look as much fun as Wii Sports, but the novelty of the balance board might likely entice me to buy it.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #88

I have a Wii...actually enjoy the Wii but interesting enough, have not bought games for the Wii since launch (with the exception of Wario Ware and Wii Play which I got for another controller).

Lately, I have been buying points cards but sometimes I feel I'm buying the points cards for just for the reason that I haven't really used my Wii other than working out (yes, Wii Boxing is part of my workout).

But truthfully, my use for the Wii is not used for gaming, more of workout and if I want to watch youtube or go online and using the browser.

But it's not a bad thing, I actually enjoy the Wii, just waiting for games (I can't wait for "No Heroes" <I think it's called>. I wanted to buy RE4 but have it for GC and PS2, so part of me wants to buy it but actually, decide to purchase an adventure or RTS game for my PC instead.

kndy
Old 08-01-2007, 07:05 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndy View Post
I wanted to buy RE4 but have it for GC and PS2, so part of me wants to buy it but actually, decide to purchase an adventure or RTS game for my PC instead.
You should totally get it for the Wii. I have it for the PS2 as well and playing it with the Wii controller is simply AWESOME!!! And its only like $30!! More than worth the price of admission imho.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #90
handsome

Zack & Wiki preview
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23628.html?type=wmv
Old 08-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #91

I have a wii too. I think the adventure genre would do very well on the wii.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #92
is not wierd

Good thing Capcom realized such.