You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #161

Started a new game a few days ago, after getting the PS3 version. I hope Shivering Isles will come out for it though. Anyway, playing a thief/agent with lots of emphasis on stealth and marksmanship, useless in close combat, but lethal in ranged. Very fun. Being more of an adventurer than an action gamer, I turned down the difficulty, so that I can concentrate on exploring and be afraid of dying every ten steps.

Soon finished with the thieves guild quests and having great fun. Recently, they released Fighter's Stronghold expansion, and said this will be the last one. I really hope there's a good reason for that, and that they'll be making the next one in the series after Fallout 3. Once Fallout 3 is finished, we might see a rather quick release of Elder Scrolls V, if they decide to use the same engine for both games.

Anyway, so far the PS3 version has missed out on a few expansions/DLC - only Knights of the Nine is included. Most of all, I want Shivering Isles, but I won't cry if I get the others as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #162
merely human

"She's stacked, attacks, and after yo' back!!"

Last night I decided to switch to new summoning spells. I already had a Summon Spider Daedra but she only lasted 20 seconds, if she even survived the fight. But I've always adored her so, being the Arch Mage, I made a new spell just like it but this time she's with me for 35 seconds, just enough time to weaken an enemy so I can finish them off, or keep one or two enemies preoccupied while I pwn the other two enemies.

I named this new spell Eight Legged Boob Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvstud View Post
I did switch, im in media now, and enjoying it alot more, theres a lot more creativity. I did a ICT course to replace my carpentry, now im on media.
Good luck with that, hon.

Quote:
Yep! I got lal the demos & add ons, and I probably wont be getting any more games this year, having money issues at the moment, so Oblivion will have to do until 2008, then maybe I'll get Orange Box. Loves u x
Hell, I bought Oblivion last year (my first game for the 360) and am STILL getting mileage out of it! I'm still stumbling upon caves and mines I've never seen before and I'm, what, over 380 hours invested in this game already.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #163
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
Once Fallout 3 is finished, we might see a rather quick release of Elder Scrolls V, if they decide to use the same engine for both games.
Elder Scrolls V is already in development, Bathesda said it a while ago I think that they split their teams into 3, one for Fallout 3, one for ESV and another on something else. Dont quote me on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Hell, I bought Oblivion last year (my first game for the 360) and am STILL getting mileage out of it! I'm still stumbling upon caves and mines I've never seen before and I'm, what, over 380 hours invested in this game already.
Yeah I want the same experience, i want to solely focus on Oblivion and just have the time of my life, im currently lvl 10, about 30 hours in I think I cant actually remember, whos counting anyway?! Im a pure Thief + Bows + Alchemy as my main thingies.

Im playing on normal dificulty and its really hard! I mean 30 silver arrows to kill 1 troll, seems a bit unfair. dont you think? specially considering I only get 10 back.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #164
merely human

Trolls are weak against fire, so invest in a fire spell; the Mages Guild in the town of Skingrad focuses on Destruction spells so you should be able to find a fire spell there.

Trolls also have the annoying (for you) talent for regenerating health. Solution: damage health potions (which cut down the cap of the trolls' health level. Since you're specializing in alchemy and you're level 10, here's the recipe:

Damage Health potion (alchemy novice) - combine any two of: wisp stalk cap, stinkhorn, nightshade, spiddal stick (found only in the planes of Oblivion so unavailable until you choose to help out in Kvatch).

Once you can make this potion you can poison your arrows with it.

Also, you may want to consider doing the Mages Guild questline at least to where you're admitted into the Arcane University. Once you're in you can enchant your bows with Damage Health and other spells. You could eventually have an arsenal of bows, each with a different enchantment for different kinds of enemies. You could also focus on reflect and absorb spells for defensive purposes.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
Elder Scrolls V is already in development, Bathesda said it a while ago I think that they split their teams into 3, one for Fallout 3, one for ESV and another on something else. Dont quote me on it though..
If true, it's good news, since Shivering Isles is supposed to be the last expansion. I truly hope the next game in the series isn't a too long way off.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #166
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
If true, it's good news, since Shivering Isles is supposed to be the last expansion. I truly hope the next game in the series isn't a too long way off.
Give it another 3 or 4 years max.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #167
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Trolls are weak against fire, so invest in a fire spell; the Mages Guild in the town of Skingrad focuses on Destruction spells so you should be able to find a fire spell there.

Trolls also have the annoying (for you) talent for regenerating health. Solution: damage health potions (which cut down the cap of the trolls' health level. Since you're specializing in alchemy and you're level 10, here's the recipe:

Damage Health potion (alchemy novice) - combine any two of: wisp stalk cap, stinkhorn, nightshade, spiddal stick (found only in the planes of Oblivion so unavailable until you choose to help out in Kvatch).

Once you can make this potion you can poison your arrows with it.

Also, you may want to consider doing the Mages Guild questline at least to where you're admitted into the Arcane University. Once you're in you can enchant your bows with Damage Health and other spells. You could eventually have an arsenal of bows, each with a different enchantment for different kinds of enemies. You could also focus on reflect and absorb spells for defensive purposes.
Thanks for the tips hun, im having such a hard time with my archer, its so hard to kill people! even in their sleep it takes 3 arrows to kill em. I'll try and use poisons as often as I can & do the mages Guild quests.

_

Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #168
merely human

Will you be emphasizing Invisibility and Chameleon spells, too?

Invisibility is great for getting past particularly tough enemies but wears off the moment you interact with something (like lockpicking and opening doors) or attack someone. Chameleon is excellent for purely stealth based attacks but you need to get it at least 100% or they'll still be able to see you (various rings and amulets found in the gameworld afford a certain percentage so you'll have to wear 3-4 of them at once).

I enchanted a shirt, blacksmith's pants, and shoes with Chameleon, and wore them with an Chameleon amulet and ring to go about my Thieves Guild quests.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #169
merely human

I made some new enchanted weapons.

Bitch, That's What You Get! - Ebony dagger, Damage Health 25pts for 1 sec per strike, 21 strikes per charge (used on enemies who can regenerate health)
Bitch, That's What You Get! part 2 - same as above
Blade Of That Don't Do Shayt - Daedric dagger, Disintegrate Weapon 50pts on strike, 17 strikes per charge (for enemies with powerful blades or blunts)
Dagger Of STFU - Glass dagger, Silence for 15 secs on strike (used on Necromancers, Liches, Goblin Shamans, or any magic using enemies)
Don't Move, You're p\/\/n3d - Daedric dagger, Burden 20pts for 1 sec on strike, Damage Health 20pts for 1 sec on strike, 28 strikes per use (for heavy armour wearing enemies)
Fellatio's Folly - Daedric dagger, Absorb Health 15pts for 1 sec on strike, Damage Magicka 15pts for 1 sec on strike, Drain Magicka 10pts for 1 sec on strike, 27 strikes per charge
You Are Bad Karma - Daedric dagger, Damage Health 30pts on strike, 45 strikes per charge
Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #170
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Am I the only person that has played that has been turned into a vampire?
Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #171
Psychonaut

Nope.

The Vampire Cure quest was the most annoying quest in the game.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #172
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Nope.

The Vampire Cure quest was the most annoying quest in the game.
I guess im lucky because I knew all about it, so I got garlic, grand soul gems etc in store in case, besides when you reach a certain level in the game you shouldent have too much trouble getting hold of the things needed.

I'll become a vampire later on in the game when I want to go on a dungeon spree and just keep going non stop through dungeons.

_

Old 10-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #173
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Am I the only person that has played that has been turned into a vampire?
I got bit by Count Hassildor. Bitch. It was the only quest I absolutely detested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvstud View Post
I'll become a vampire later on in the game when I want to go on a dungeon spree and just keep going non stop through dungeons.
I always knew how much of a sucker you are.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #174
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Ah gee...this thread is making me sooooo sad that we've played most of it through already

....still working on some Shivering Isles quests, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. I really wish they'd do an installment in Blackmarsh.

Oblivion and Morrowind were complete addictions for me. We just started playing World of Warcraft and I'm sure I'll get into it more if I just play a bit longer... but so far, I have yet to find anything as immersive and fun as the Elder Scrolls games.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #175
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorksie View Post
Ah gee...this thread is making me sooooo sad that we've played most of it through already
Most of it? Don't dat mean there are still some of it you haven't yet touched?

Quote:
....still working on some Shivering Isles quests, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. I really wish they'd do an installment in Blackmarsh.
I do hope they'll include possibilities for romance quests. After a while Cyrodiil begins to feel dull from the lack of lovin' and the drama that comes with it. I mean, are the guys at Bethesda deprived celibate monks or something?

Quote:
Oblivion and Morrowind were complete addictions for me.
I did have Morrowind for the first Xbox but turned out I wasn't ready for that kind of RPG. Didn't have the patience. So I stopped very early on and have no regrets. Why force yourself to play something you wouldn't enjoy because you weren't in the mindset for it?

But I was definitely ready for Oblivion a couple years later.

Quote:
We just started playing World of Warcraft and I'm sure I'll get into it more if I just play a bit longer... but so far, I have yet to find anything as immersive and fun as the Elder Scrolls games.
As a rule I never touch MMORPGs (I pronounce it 'more pigs'). This is because I already spend far too much time gaming. That last thing I want is to end up compromising personal hygiene, diet, and a healthy social life in the real world. Besides, an evening spent carousing with a handsome and dashing fellow over cocktails is far more scintitillating than staring at one's monitor for 12 hours, yes? In which case I fail miserably at being a consummate gaming nerd (though I might as well pass anyhow with my 380+ hours spent in Oblivion).
Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #176
Lovable rogue

I need to try playing Oblivion again. I started last year, once I exited the sewers I went "Hooray, I'm finally out of there! I'll just take a little break now." Then I lost interest and never played it again, eventually uninstalling it to free up hard drive space for something else.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #177
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I need to try playing Oblivion again. I started last year, once I exited the sewers I went "Hooray, I'm finally out of there! I'll just take a little break now." Then I lost interest and never played it again, eventually uninstalling it to free up hard drive space for something else.
You need a Xbox360, its so cheap now, you can get a premium for ÂŁ200 quid.

_

Old 11-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #178
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
Trepsie Said Besides, an evening spent carousing with a handsome and dashing fellow over cocktails is far more scintitillating than staring at one's monitor for 12 hours, yes?
hm....guess I'm lucky in that I already have a dashing, blue eyed, South African fellow next to me when I play ....
So far, I don't think I'm going to get super addicted to Warcraft and eschew bathing, food, and exercise like some people undoubtedly do....still, the potential is there....I did have an awful lot of fun last night summoning imps and throwing shadow balls at my foes and I wanted to keep going, dashing through the wilderness, wreaking my terrible wrath on all mine enemies!! ...*pant pant pant*...

A thought about Morrowind...I think it was especially nice because the world was more alien than Cyrodil is- big crab shells for houses, nomadic camps, a fiery volcanic region to explore. I like Cyrodil a lot, but it feels familiar....sort of a Roman/ Gondorian thing. I'm quite curious about Elseweyer (sp?)
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #179
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
hm....guess I'm lucky in that I already have a dashing, blue eyed, South African fellow next to me when I play ....
Which is why I'm never worried about you.

Quote:
A thought about Morrowind...I think it was especially nice because the world was more alien than Cyrodil is- big crab shells for houses, nomadic camps, a fiery volcanic region to explore. I like Cyrodil a lot, but it feels familiar....sort of a Roman/ Gondorian thing. I'm quite curious about Elseweyer (sp?)
My loss. I was not at all in the state of mind for Morrowind. However, I fell in love with the decidedly medieval art direction of Oblivion. After a while it was just another world for me plunge in.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #180
merely human

LOL! I'm in Anvil right now. I was bored so went onto the Sea Tub Clarabella on the harbour and lockpicked the door. I was 'greeted' by Captain Baszone Patneim who was only too quick to whip out his sword and give me prompt attention. I ran my ass out of there and he chased after me. A handful of Anvilians (Anvilese?) came to my aid and pulled out their knives, blades, or fists. Then one of the guards joined in. Poor Captain Patneim, in his struggle to defend himself he fell into the water, whereas everybody else jumped in and finished him off and went back to their ways. The guard, however, stood there and said, "Oh my goodness, he's dead!", bent down and poked at the body, then went back to his rounds.

I myself bent down, picked the corpse's pockets and grabbed his key and some other goodies.

And then...

Quill-Weave : "Well, whaddya want, you.......whaddya want you...you...you RAT?!!!"

LMAO! Can you tell I did that particular Fighters Guild quest?