You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
A Servicable Villain

Default Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

So, is there any support for this game around these parts? I simply love what they've done with the characters here.

Oozing with personality, wonderfully flawed, unafraid to use broken, older, washed up crooks. On every game clip I've seen so far, the style was hugely important. Graphically, the game looks mediocre as far as I can tell; paling in the face of -for instance- Gears of War. It just doesn't have the same slick boldness, or je ne sais quois. It doesn't matter that much, of course, but in a semi-realistic setting like this, the slicker you can make your visuals, the more appealing. It's perfectly possible that the videos don't do it justice of course, so I'm preparing to be pleasantly surprised when I play it myself.

But then, of course, the reason this game is so interesting is its style. Qua gameplay there's little to judge yet. It could be very cool, with heists and everything; it could also disappoint if the gameplay turns out to be sloppy or the squad-controlling frustrating. But one thing is certain; at least they hit the design of the characters dead on!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I was a bit worried about the graphics myself. io's previous game, Hitman: Blood Money, had simplistic, almost cartoonish graphics.

I'll be buying this one on the day it comes out, hopefully. It's about time someone released a good co-op heist game.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
A Servicable Villain

It's also very nice to see they've graduated from using a character like the one in Hitman (which was in a certain way even a non-character; though I shan't speak too loudly as I haven't played the games yet) to these palpable, believable, richer characters. And without them even becoming too tediously realistic. They're just as bold and 'designed' as the unnamed protagonist from Hitman, but so much richer in personality.