You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #81
gin soaked boy

Um, I'm not talking about the recent video, they put the whole tech demo version for download. You know, the one you can actually play (or play with, more likely).
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #82
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah, I noticed that, but I just wanted to say that also a video of the tech demo is available.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #83
In an evening of July...

I tried the demo. It didn't accept the resolution I put into the INI file, wanted to connect to the internet and crashed after two minutes of playing, so I can't really recommend it. Then again, I'm not a die-hard Fallout fan.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #84
delusions of adequacy

TES3 and TES4 are beautiful games and are at times quite immersive. The only thing I never really liked was the level up system (earning by use is great but why tack character levels awkwardly onto that. Seems a step backwards.

There was a wonderful mod for TES3 that moves levelling up out of sight and offers the experience of real time character development rather than staggered levelling and multiplier exploiting. It was a real eye openener to someone like me who always thought they enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a level system to make the perfect character to enjoy the game.

Fallout 3 is going to be great fun to play, and is easily the game I'd buy a console/upgrade for, without ever seeing/playing it. Bioware have dropped the ball too many times in my opinion to make me do so over Mass Effect.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #85
is not wierd

Woah, a new teaser trailer in a month.....my soul just shook.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #86
DAVE

Bleh it looks like Toy Story
Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #87

The Van Buren video & the Van Buren Tech demo (that No Mutants Allowed) has digged up (from somwehere) have nothing to do with Bethesda's Fallout 3website nor the upcoming teaser that's coming in about 30 days or so.

I have played the Van Buren Tech demo (from 2002-2003?) and I can tell that it looks like the first two games, and it is 3D, but to me it is a very odd & awkward 3D, and the visuals & gameplay also, imo, feel very awkward.
(I know that it was a pre-alpha built, but it still felt like a game released in 1999 and not a game that were to be released in 2003 or 2004? or maybe even 2005?).
Old 05-05-2007, 05:07 AM   #88
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Of course it didn't, it's a pre-alpha build. You can't say "I know it's a pre-alpha build, but..." It's a pre-alpha build, which means you can't really make judgments at all about things which are liable to change.

I think 3D worked wonderfully for Fallout in that tech demo. Rotating the camera felt great. The only problem is that those gruesome animations are hard to do in 3D.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #89
is not wierd

I would love to play that fucking thing. Fuck Apple and their non-gaming Macs.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #90
In an evening of July...

How about BootCamp? Parallels? VMWare Fusion? CrossOver? I'm sure one of them will work.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #91
DAVE

Or just getting a PC
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #92

Someone mentioned Jagged Alliance 2 in this thread. Nice that there are other people than me who remembers this great game. I really like the way it worked and especially the characters in the game. You gotta love Maddog

If there is ever going to be a Fallout 3 it better be loyal to the original layout. It must be a semi-turn based game like the old ones. Otherwise it just won't be the same anymore. As a hardcore Fallout fan I'd buy the new game at once, but I demand that it stays true to the original concept. Renew, refine, improve and even modify, but please give us that special "world" that we love so much

Power armor, Ripper and 223 Pistol. Aaah that was fun Amazing criticals I could do with that stuff.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:57 AM   #93
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
please give us that special "world" that we love so much

Power armor, Ripper and 223 Pistol. Aaah that was fun Amazing criticals I could do with that stuff.
I don't understand the stickler's love of the fallout engine. Its a clumsy beast and not very intuitive. And the mega power fist is much better.

Its been stated they're not making ES:Fallout. So there's no reason they can't demo an engine that offers both first and third person (isometric) views, and possibly both real time and turn based combat modes. Wait and see. Personally I will always go for the first person mode, at least as far as exploration and stealth and probably combat too, truth be told. Its far more engaging to me than strictly rationing my action and movement points, and picking skills to better enable the use of my inventory mid battle.

The only thing I really hope makes it from one ruleset to the next is the bloody mess feat.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #94
gin soaked boy

A new piece of concept art has been released. It looks different but not necessarily in a bad way.

Goodbye browns, hello blues and grays.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #95
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

That's pretty fantastic.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #96
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Looks cool. Can't wait for the actual game.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #97
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop View Post
That's pretty fantastic.
That's pretty CGI.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #98
gin soaked boy

That's a pretty concept painting, actually.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #99
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Liam Neeson will be playing a lead role in Fallout 3. It's pretty good news, the Fallout series has always had impressive voice actors like Ron Perlman and Richard Dean Andersson, and of course, Oblivion had two of my favourite actors, Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_ View Post
Liam Neeson will be playing a lead role in Fallout 3. It's pretty good news, the Fallout series has always had impressive voice actors like Ron Perlman and Richard Dean Andersson, and of course, Oblivion had two of my favourite actors, Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart.
Yeah, pretty cool. Too bad Bethesda's vision for the other 5000 NPCs is to make all of them share the same goddamn 5 voices. I guess I'm in the minority but it was probably the thing that most ate away at my interest in Oblivion. That and the repetitive gameplay.