You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 05:57 AM   #261

Fallout is one of the few games where you can kill the last boss just by talking, if you've got intelligent 10
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 AM   #262
handsome

The Official Site:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/home/home.php

The game looks great !!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #263

There's an interview with Pete Hines over at Gamestar.de

Here's the link:

http://www.gamestar.de/downloads/vid...fallout_3.html

spotted on this place

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20158

Pete talks about how they never thought of making combat turnbased and some other stuff.

Last edited by aries323; 08-24-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #264
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Argh, I've so wanted to wait in excitement for this one
Sounds a little too "actiony", a little to different from the originals. Even if it'll be a quality Action RPG, I probably won't be able to play it without painful flashbacks every time I realise there's a "Fallout" in the title.
I hope I'll be proven wrong.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #265
Aj_
Beyond Belief

1Up interview with Emil Pagliarulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Pagliarulo
EP: We went back and forth with the impact of dialogue on the character, and ultimately decided we didn't want to penalize or reward the player for carrying on a conversation. What you say and how you say it will certainly affect how NPCs react to you, and whether or not they'll give you quests, but not the ending of the game. [That] really depends on some of the big decisions you make during the course of the game, as well as your karma. And your karma changes based on your actions. So [if] you destroy Megaton [a city built around a supposedly inert atomic bomb], your karma plummets, so that will certainly affect the ending. But there are other moments too, key moments during the game, that greatly determine which ending you get.
They're not making a Fallout game, that pretty much confirms it, even if the "nuclear catapult" didn't. If it was a simple case of "I don't want anything to change", then I wouldn't play new games. I like Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines because of the similarities with Fallout, you don't have to make a game exactly like the original to please me. You have to at least try to understand the original game. Bethesda don't seem to agree with the design methodology of Fallout at all. If things continue along this path there will be so little simiarlity between Fallout and Fallout 3, that calling it a sequel would be highly misleading.

Last edited by Aj_; 08-26-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #266
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Emil Pagliarulo responds to criticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Pagliarulo
Wow, I didn't realize the comments I made in that 1Up interview -- you know, about dialogue -- would cause such a stir! Mostly because I didn't realize I had chosen my words so poorly. Ugh.

I was specifically answering the question about whether or not dialogue affects the endgame. It doesn't -- not directly. The endgame itself doesn't change based upon things you may or may not have said in dialogue. The endgame is affected by your actions. So that's what I meant by, "We went back and forth with the impact of dialogue on the character, and ultimately decided we didn't want to penalize or reward the player for carrying on a conversation." And yeah, that was a pretty bad choice of words, because it seems like the things you say in dialogue don't matter -- and nothing could be further from the truth.

Believe me or not, but here's the reality of dialogue in Fallout 3: it does matter. It matters more than dialogue in one of our games has ever mattered. I feel really comfortable saying that, because one of my responsibilities is editing and directing all the dialogue that gets written, and one of my personal crusades is pushing the NPC interactions to be more meaningful. We approached that level in Oblivion -- now I really feel like we've truly reached it.
Emphasis in bold added by me. Oblivion had some high points (I liked the game), dialogue was no one of them, it's wasn't good at all, it didn't matter. I'll give him meaningful, it was what they were talking about, and how they said it, that was awful.

NMA has a detailed preview, Q&A, and impressions

There's actually some good news about the dialogue, not surprisingly it's about not being anything like Oblivion.

Quote:
NMA: We've seen in the demonstration that Speech influences your dialogue options, but what other statistics will influence it as well?

Pete Hines: Well, you'll see that Science for instance can allow you to give a scientific explanation and to use that knowledge in dialogue. This will be very technical and not reliant on your Speech skill. The same is true for Repair and so on. So you'll be able to use those as well.
Now that sounds promising!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #267
is not wierd

I just don't know what to think anymore. I'll be reserving any judgments till I see some in-game action.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #268
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/in...#entry10837831

Quote:
I was specifically answering the question about whether or not dialogue affects the endgame. It doesn't -- not directly. The endgame itself doesn't change based upon things you may or may not have said in dialogue. The endgame is affected by your actions. So that's what I meant by, "We went back and forth with the impact of dialogue on the character, and ultimately decided we didn't want to penalize or reward the player for carrying on a conversation." And yeah, that was a pretty bad choice of words, because it seems like the things you say in dialogue don't matter -- and nothing could be further from the truth.
And more, read the link.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #269
MoP
Comfortably Numb

AJ posted that 2 posts ^
The NMA preview he posted is the most detailed description of the game so far, and probably nothing new will come out anytime soon.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #270
DAVE

The whole science affecting dialogue already existed on previous Fallout games. Just clarifying that one up
Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #271
handsome

Fallout 3 News:

How many endings in the game

Cool BUT I hope it isnt short... its rare for me to replay a game .
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #272
handsome

Fallout 3 Will Have Over 200 Endings, You Will Never Have a Life Again

Quote:
Bethesda's Todd Howard recently did the official Xbox podcast and talked about Fallout 3, and revealed somenew tidbits, including the boggling new number of endings available. The highlights list:

-”Fans sending death threats” says one of the OXM guys. Another one calls Fallout fans”rabid Right Wing kind of fans”.

-Over 200 endings, since last week. The 12 endings was surpassed sometime ago.

-The game is twice bigger than what they thought in the beginning.

-Always just one humanoid-type companion, and another NPC like Dogmeat.

-Dogmeat can die, but they are working on his health and how you maintain him.

- Dogmeat can be given assignments, and will try to follow them with his Radiant AI.

-Brotherhood of Steel doing their own thing; already in finished state on the game; they are on the verge of extinction, you’ll interact with them a lot more after a determined point in the game.

-The game is finished, but needs a lot more polishing and testing, they are doing many playthroughs; they keep adding stuff, sometimes it takes 100 hours to play, just the main quest takes about 20 hours.

-Absolutely tracking at fall 2008.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 AM   #273
handsome

New Fallout 3 screens:

Name:  zombie2.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  FPS.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  splash.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  landscape.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  42.8 KB

More screens here.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:08 AM   #274
Master of time and space

I so hope that there won't be any scaled enemy difficulty like there was in Oblivion. The one part completely destroyed the game for me. In my opinion difficulty should be location based instead. Otherwise the whole feeling of progress is ruined. In my opinion anyway.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #275
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Heard it uses Games for Windows LIVE.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
I so hope that there won't be any scaled enemy difficulty like there was in Oblivion. The one part completely destroyed the game for me. In my opinion difficulty should be location based instead. Otherwise the whole feeling of progress is ruined. In my opinion anyway.
I thought the same thing at first... but now I'm kinda used to it. It lets you explore beginner areas while you still have to be on your toes. That's how I got 150+ hours and counting.