You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback User reputations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #41
Mostly absent

Thank you for that deep and somewhat disturbing analysis, Seed. Here, have some chocolate.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #42
guybrush_guy

maybe it's willy wonka trying to get ahold of you, it's possble he could have a secret crush on you and it trying to brainwash you into loving him back

use the force Mattsius, dont let the chocolate steal your soul

Old 05-15-2004, 01:31 AM   #43
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

What the...???

Some one gave a negative point!

On this thread! What in Earth did I do to deserve it?!?

He/She could at least written in the comment something telling me WHY I deserved it....

Now I have the lowest reputation in the forum!

Edit: Well, its seems I'm not the only one, but it also seems that people are only getting BAD "reviews" of their posts... (Its hard to tell if anyone has gained points)

Last edited by Tanukitsune; 05-15-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 AM   #44
Umbilicus Mundi

I'd give you some good rep, but I must spread it around first

Old 05-15-2004, 08:56 AM   #45
guybrush_guy

it's ok, i got a bad post for being "off topic" i dont know how i was off topic. willy wonka is the base of every discusion

Old 05-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #46
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
it's ok, i got a bad post for being "off topic" i dont know how i was off topic. willy wonka is the base of every discusion
Chocolate = Willy Wonka. I'd say that's completely on topic, or at least as much on topic as you're going to get on this tread.

You will rarely find anyone who can truly justify giving you bad rep. I mean, I got one just for saying a moderately offensive swear word. For swearing! Can you believe that!

Next thing you know being a Myst fan will be a hanging offence...hmm, maybe not such a bad idea actually.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #47
guybrush_guy

there's nothing rong with being a myst fan. if there was'nt ever a myst i cant cant even think of what games would'nt of been made

Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 PM   #48
ACK!

I already hate this feature, it seems people are just voting on popular members and such, and voting negatively on the rest without giving a damn reason....
As for myself I refuse to rate anybody...
Congrats, this is the Big Brother of forums now....
[SARCASM]Let's make out to raise our popualrity and backstab the rest![/SARCASM](Now this is a feature I would like, sarcasm tag!)
And I'm guessing I'm getting another negative point for this too....
Meh....
Old 05-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #49
guybrush_guy

i'm not sure about a popularity contest but it's kinda usless in a way...i do think it can be fun at times.

i got a bad rep point for bad spelling? come on now! everyone on these forums knows i have the worst spelling in the world. i have warnings all over my user name/signature. so is a bad rep point realy nessicary....?

but in a way it's not that big of a deal. there just "points" and whats the worst that they can do.

so i guees, i'm 50-50 on the whole rep point thing.

Old 05-15-2004, 01:55 PM   #50
merely human

But wot if someone sees your bad spelling as idiosyncratically charming?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #51
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
there's nothing rong with being a myst fan. if there was'nt ever a myst i cant cant even think of what games would'nt of been made
Ha, was only joking, of course I wouldn't want Myst fans hanged....just badly scalded would do.

Seriously though, I have nothing but respect for fans of the Myst game, In fact I love Myst. Actually that's a lie because I've never even played it, but I'm sure if I did I would love it, even more than chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I already hate this feature, it seems people are just voting on popular members and such, and voting negatively on the rest without giving a damn reason....
Dude, you know the reputation system is really just a bit of fun, it's not meant to be taking to seriously.

And I don't think you are correct about people giving popular members good rep points, and everyone else negative ones. I think people are just randomly dishing out rep points (mostly all negative) for a laugh.

I mean, I'd managed to clock up 2 negative rep points within about the first hour of it being in place, and i'm not to cut up about it.
(mental note to self: must remember to revise death list of people I suspect may have given me negative points )

And if you're worried about getting negative points for no reason, then just swear and insult people and stuff so that you give them a reason.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #52
guybrush_guy

an other thing,

i dont think there is anyone "popular" on the forum...if you think about anyone with over 200 posts is pritty popular and that's almost everyone in the forum.

Old 05-15-2004, 03:14 PM   #53
merely human

Yes, well, we tend to be egalitarian here. But it's just a facade, we all secretly despise each other. I love the tension!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-15-2004, 05:20 PM   #54
Babbling as Usual

Default Grr!

I am not liking the reputation system at all. I recieved a poor comment for a question I made asking for a link to the orignal escape-from-the-room game.

Is this because I didn't search the forums? Well, I suggest the person who down-commmented me try to search for the original post themselves. "Room game" returns about 3 million results and "escape room game" returns 6 results that aren't pertinent.

I hope that the comment system can't lock you out of the forums or anything like that, because I think it's going to quell dissention more than provide anything positive to the forums.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #55
merely human

Right. It can be subject to abuse, just as warned.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:38 AM   #56
Doctor Watson

For the person who.. I don't know what he did, either gave me a reputation point or DIDN'T Give me one, I'll say this: "googoo gaga" was a quote from TAH FAMOUS CHRIS REMO!!!! It rules, no matter what you might think. You have no style, sir.

Last edited by deadworm222; 05-16-2004 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:22 AM   #57
ACK!

:eek:
What are these grey ones?
Green is good, red is bad but grey?
And it seems all my previous reputation has disapeared? Or does the User CP only show the last? No, no, can't be, I had 9 yesterday, and now I have one good, one bad, 3 grey and I have a "rep" of ten, it should be 9...

I guess this is pretty useless if people just use it to give bad rep randomly and with a damn reason.... I mean has anybody gotten anything higher than distinguished road yet? If so, don't say it, you'll get "blammed" and "BALEETED" out of envy!

Hmm, maybe ending all posts with "Tim Schafer is GOD!" with ward off bad rep points? 8-)

It's worth a shot....
Old 05-16-2004, 04:25 AM   #58
Doctor Watson

This system is no good. Tere's no good discussion just because we don't feel like having sensible discussion right now!
Old 05-16-2004, 05:23 AM   #59

Where can you actually see your ratings? I can't find anything in my CP... Does that mean that no one's rated my post or that I'm not looking in the right place?

The whole things seems a bit silly. I doubt it'll improve the community in any way...
Old 05-16-2004, 06:09 AM   #60
Irritant F0rum Beasty

It won't improve the community in any way, but it may well up the level of paranoia.