You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback User reputations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #61
Mostly absent

It's not everyday you get praise for your breast-knowledge, but that's just what happened to me yesterday. I obviously don't know who sent me that, but I sincerely want to thank you. You made me laugh so hard that I almost fell of my chair.
This reputation system might be useless, but man is it funny.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #62
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
This system is no good. Tere's no good discussion just because we don't feel like having sensible discussion right now!
I guess some people are afraid to express themself, thinking they might get bad rep for just about anything....
Old 05-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #63
guybrush_guy

i'm affraid to spell bad because i might get an other bad rep point

MOMMY! i'm scared!.....

Old 05-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #64
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i'm affraid to spell bad because i might get an other bad rep point
Can't you just run you're message through a spell check before you post it? That's what I do, every time.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #65
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed
Can't you just run you're message through a spell check before you post it? That's what I do, every time.
<smug>Doesn't help with telling the difference between your and you're though, does it...?</smug>
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #66
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
<smug>Doesn't help with telling the difference between your and you're though, does it...?</smug>

That was so not called for.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #67
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I apologise. Here, have a... something...
Old 05-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #68
guybrush_guy

i supose i could, but that means i have to open up MS word and run it threw there. thats a pain in the ass. i usually edit my message a few times after it's posted so my messages are usualy readable.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #69
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
For the person who.. I don't know what he did, either gave me a reputation point or DIDN'T Give me one, I'll say this: "googoo gaga" was a quote from TAH FAMOUS CHRIS REMO!!!! It rules, no matter what you might think. You have no style, sir.
hehe, I was gonna rate your post again for saying "googoo gaga" (hilarious!...no, not really), but it says I have to spread some reputation points before I can rate yours again. It's strange that you can read a comment, but not see whether you got a negative or positive point to come with it...And, no I ain't telling you! BWAHAHAHAHA

BTW, will someone please rate this post, so I can try and fathom how this works?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 05-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #70
Citizen of Bizarro World

OK, thanks to you guys I got this figured out. The user CP page tells you in which threads you can find the posts that have been rated. It also gives you the comment(s) on the post. And, you can actually see if its a negative or positive reputation point. Red means negative, and green means positive. Which of course means that I actually received a negative point, since I was able to figure that out. The comment, by the way, was "monkey!" :eek:

"I'll get you, Steve, if it's the last thing I doooooo"
That, by the way, is non-Kingz related, although he may have been the one to rate me negative (the paranoia kicking in yet?) It's just another Homestar runner quote. It's in fact from the same cartoon that contains the "here the Cheat, have a trophy" statement. As you can guess it's my favorite episode. In fact, someone used that quote "Here the Cheat, have a trophy" to describe the action of giving me a positive point. I though that was funny. Hmmm, this is completely off topic. Alright goodbye now

Old 05-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #71
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I rated you negative, just as a tester
Old 05-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #72
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
I rated you negative, just as a tester

That's OK I got you back

edit: BTW, how many other people do you have to rate before you can rate the same person for a second time? (don't worry AGA, I'm not talking about you )

And another thing...it's getting increasingly hard to know what I've said and to whom. There should be a record for that, which only I could view. How else can I appologize if I offended someone's feelings with the whimsical comments that I dish out with my negative ratings?

Last edited by Maquisard; 05-16-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:42 PM   #73
Banned User

Could someone please give me a point so I can tell if this thing works or not? God, that sounds pathetic, begging for points. I didn't say it has to be a positive one, though. Anyway, at present, my User CP page has nothing about any points.

Do the statistics only show up when you have in fact been given some feedback? :eek:

www.adventurecompanion.com
Old 05-16-2004, 09:44 PM   #74
guybrush_guy

if this system is going to become perminate, they shoud have it when you recieve a rep point it displayes the persons name who gave it to you. i recieved a bad rep point and the person did'nt leave a comment. if you're going to put forth the effort to give someone a bad rep point you should atleast state why

Old 05-16-2004, 10:04 PM   #75
soffistical

I wrote this elsewhere, pardon for regurgitating this.

Think it's making way for lots of bad feelings, hurt and paranoia. I asked people to prove me wrong, but so far it would seem that most people using it has been to leave negative remarks, your's truly included, although I have been going around leaving positive remarks to try to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth after having done it. If a person is not appreciated, it usually is plain and clear in the threads, no need for anonymous "votes".

Personally, I'm at an "unknown quantity" atm, and it's making me truly uneasy. Might be a joke, who knows, but I think it's really daunting coming here believing I have friends, and get this kind of rep-grades. I think that the damage this will cause, far outweighs any kind of positive notions it could provide.

This is not a very good idea, and my apologies to all for lacking in trust that this somehow could be a positive thing. If I were to use this system to display my emotions about it, it'd be to give the moderators and admins bad rep, because you've activated this feature.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #76
Banned User

Emma has a point. If any one user feels abused by this system, it is in my view a stronger argument against the rep system than a dozen other users having innocent fun with it is for it.

It's not the idea itself, which is fun enough, that is at fault. It's the execution. To eliminate unnecessary paranoia and abuses of the system, the anonymity has to go. Although I'm sure most users are smart and mature about the points they give, anonymity breeds cowardice. And it doesn't take many jerks to ruin a party; it's a lot easier to shove a McMeal through someone's mail-slot when they're not looking than it is to rate or berate them to their face.

Tying all points and comments to the User IDs and having these viewable by everyone (if such a thing is possible) is the only way to prevent abuses here.

Last edited by Simo Sakari Aaltonen; 05-16-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:08 PM   #77
Banned User

Yes! I now officially have a point and no one can claim otherwise, no matter how much I rant! Seriously, though, this is just to let anyone else wondering the same thing know that, at least for me, there was nothing on my User CP page until I was given a point by someone.

By the way, what does the CP stand for? Is it User CRAP? Character Points? Coolness Pursuit?

Complaint Pot?

Old 05-16-2004, 11:52 PM   #78
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

It seems nobody likes this system so far....
Here's a silly plea to stop this 1Nz4n1tY!
-Every time you give a post a bad reputation, a adventure game gets cancelled...
-Member L33t Neko Wai Wai Warrior gave a post a bad rep just for fun and had a badger invasion in his pants... He didn't survive...
-3-Headed Monkey Master gave a post a bad rep and didn't leave a comment, he was devoured by grues...
-4nt-Pr0n gave a post a bad rep and he was mauled to death by a kung fu koala and a ninja slug...

And worst of all every time you give a post a bad rep a baby 3 headed monkey dies!
Old 05-17-2004, 01:37 AM   #79
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma
I wrote this elsewhere, pardon for regurgitating this.

Think it's making way for lots of bad feelings, hurt and paranoia. I asked people to prove me wrong, but so far it would seem that most people using it has been to leave negative remarks, your's truly included, although I have been going around leaving positive remarks to try to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth after having done it. If a person is not appreciated, it usually is plain and clear in the threads, no need for anonymous "votes".

Personally, I'm at an "unknown quantity" atm, and it's making me truly uneasy. Might be a joke, who knows, but I think it's really daunting coming here believing I have friends, and get this kind of rep-grades. I think that the damage this will cause, far outweighs any kind of positive notions it could provide.

This is not a very good idea, and my apologies to all for lacking in trust that this somehow could be a positive thing. If I were to use this system to display my emotions about it, it'd be to give the moderators and admins bad rep, because you've activated this feature.
Ditto, I especially hate the ANONYMOUS part. The points shouldn't be taken too seriously. I start a poll.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 AM   #80
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo Sakari Aaltonen
Yes! I now officially have a point and no one can claim otherwise, no matter how much I rant! Seriously, though, this is just to let anyone else wondering the same thing know that, at least for me, there was nothing on my User CP page until I was given a point by someone.

By the way, what does the CP stand for? Is it User CRAP? Character Points? Coolness Pursuit?

Complaint Pot?
Control Panel

For some odd reason, the first reputation thing I got was white, not green, not red but WHITE!? That means propably neutral, and there was a comment with it, but how can you give a neutral comment?

There's no option to give a neutral comment!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.