You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Adventure Gamers E3 Coverage

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
Retirement is stupid

Default Adventure Gamers E3 Coverage

I have already alluded to this in a previous topic, but I wanted to announce for certain what you can watch for at Adventure Gamers.

Marek is hopping a plane tomorrow morning; I am following suit in the evening. This will likely be the last time I check the forums before then. E3 is Wednesday through Friday, the 12th through the 14th. We are planning to write Show Floor Update articles, which will basically amount to large group blogs and likely will be little more than vain stabs at humor, each evening for posting the following day. On Saturday, we will compile our official E3 Hype-O-Meter, consisting of the top ten games we're most excited about that we saw (or heard about extensively) this week.

Beginning Monday the 17th, we will begin daily feature-length previews, counting the E3 Hype-O-Meter down from #1 to #10. We'll be taking a break on Sunday the 23rd. Friday the 28th will be our final E3 Wrap-Up article, covering all the games we haven't yet discussed and our final comments on the show as a whole.

So, to recap:

5/13 - Show Floor Update #1
5/14 - Show Floor Update #2
5/15 - Show Floor Update #3, E3 Hype-O-Meter unveiled
5/18 - Dreamfall preview
5/19 - Fahrenheit prevew
5/20 - Booby Trap preview
5/21 - Still Life preview
5/22 - Myst IV preview
5/24 - The Westerner preview
5/25 - Moment of Silence preview
5/26 - Atlantis: Evolution preview
5/27 - Law & Order: Justice is Served preview
5/28 - Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch preview
5/29 - E3 Wrapup Article

I will update this thread with links as we post these articles. You all can go ahead and make predictions about what our Hype-O-Meter will be if you'd like to amuse yourselves.

We have tailored our coverage this way, as opposed to bombarding everyone with screenshots and news updates about twenty games at once during the show, because we want to take some time and give fair attention to each game. Maybe it's not as timely an approach as other sites, but if it gets our casual readers to pay a bit more attention to any given game, then I feel it's the right move. In any case, I hope that all of you will read every preview, and give a second thought to the games that you may have originally said only "meh" to...and definitely, be sure to discuss them in the forums.

This is Marek's third E3, and my first. Doug is joining us for his second E3, and Chris for his first. Also representing the AG crew will be Christina, an E3 veteran ready for her fourth E3, and Jake Rodkin, also a veteran now on his third E3.

We look forward to the show, and even moreso to telling you what we thought of it. Wish us luck!

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."

Last edited by Stinger; 05-17-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
Jen

Have fun!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
Friendly Server Admin

And this is the tenth E3 overall

a.k.a. E3X
Old 05-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #4
Mostly absent

Good luck!
As for predictions about what the Hype-O-Meter will cover, it's not hard to guess which game will be #1.
I won't try to guess the rest, because that takes effort...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
As for predictions about what the Hype-O-Meter will cover, it's not hard to guess which game will be #1.
Guess it's not going to be Sam & Max anymore huh .

Still, it will be nice to see Myst 4 take #1 spot ...joking, joking!, please put the smashed bottles down.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:15 AM   #6
i'm with... <thud>

any word on console adventure games at E3?...unfortunately i am sitting here with an XBox and i dont do the PC gaming thing...why cant we get more love from adventure companies in the console world?...i know, because they dont sell...well, ive done my part purchasing broken sword and syberia, plus beyond good and evil and shenmue, which are sorta kinda not really adventure games in their own right...but i need more...any word on at least a port of syberia 2?...leisure suit larry granted, any more? (fingers crossed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed
Guess it's not going to be Sam & Max anymore huh .

Still, it will be nice to see Myst 4 take #1 spot ...joking, joking!, please put the smashed bottles down.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Good luck!
I won't try to guess the rest, because that takes effort...
Atlantis Evolution, right?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:19 PM   #8
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
Atlantis Evolution, right?
You bloody whippersnappers!!!

Let's just say that it starts with a D and ends with an l. Let's see what you can whip out of that then.*

Spoiler:
*and no, DOTT doesn't cut it!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #9
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Let's just say that it starts with a D and ends with an l. Let's see what you can whip out of that then.*
DARK FALL...Ahha, you thought I wouldn't do it but I did and it was really funny and....well, actually it wasn't that funny, well anyhoo...

And also "Dfahrenheitl", the "D" and "l" are uh...silent.

Last edited by The Seed; 05-11-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:22 PM   #10
Retirement is stupid

Log:

There will be an X-Box port of Syberia 2 shown at E3. I also believe Glass Rose will be there and I hope to take my first look at that.

- Evan

Old 05-11-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
There will be an X-Box port of Syberia 2 shown at E3. I also believe Glass Rose will be there and I hope to take my first look at that.
That's awesome for the consolers to get Syberia 2! Glass Rose..... AH, that's that new Sherlock Holmes game. Cool.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-11-2004, 04:34 PM   #12
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
That's awesome for the consolers to get Syberia 2! Glass Rose..... AH, that's that new Sherlock Holmes game. Cool.
No, you're thinking of Silver Earring.

Or did I just become Gullible Forumer of the Day?

Old 05-11-2004, 04:37 PM   #13
merely human

Silver Earring? I dunno. In case I'm wrong:

The Trep
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #14
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

This might actually be my fifth E3. Thats scary. I went to E3 2000 with a friend, and covered Escape from Monkey Island for Mojo. I should dig up that article. Its more than enough evidence to bury me the next time I pooh pooh drooling fanboys. Yeesh. E3 2001 was the first official Mojo E3 extravaganza, and E3 2002 was the first one Marek attended.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #15
i'm with... <thud>

Default console me

glass rose, never hoid of it!...(that was my three stooges curly impersonation...)...well i can see you're all impressed...that kicks the ass about syberia 2, but i've never honestly heard of glass rose...got a link, anyone?...or is it an E3 surprise?...fahrenheidt is actually scheduled for consoles too isnt it?...that game sounds sorta like an x-files type thing only without mulder and scully...which is bad in the case of scully and good in the case of mulder, cos he tended to be a bit self-pandering and egotistical with his snide rebuttals
Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 PM   #16
Retirement is stupid

Fahrenheit is scheduled for PS2. You can see Glass Rose by searching for it at GameSpot.

Now leave me alone, I still have to pack!

Old 05-11-2004, 05:40 PM   #17

You mean you aren't in LA yet? Whoa.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #18
merely human

Here's the trailer for Glass Rose. Alas, it's in Japanese, but it looks really intriguing.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #19
Jumping peanut on a stick

Have fun Looking forward to read a bit more about Still Life, as it's close to impossible to find any info about that game.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:59 AM   #20
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
This might actually be my fifth E3. Thats scary. I went to E3 2000 with a friend, and covered Escape from Monkey Island for Mojo. I should dig up that article. Its more than enough evidence to bury me the next time I pooh pooh drooling fanboys. Yeesh. E3 2001 was the first official Mojo E3 extravaganza, and E3 2002 was the first one Marek attended.
You should dig up a lot more articles for Mojo, man. The site's freaking empty

And uh... enjoy e3 and all that

--Erwin