You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback From the Show Floor articles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #1
soffistical

Default From the Show Floor articles

Absolutely great reading, I've felt like I've been there with you guys. Thanks Evan, I truly appreciate those articles!
Old 05-16-2004, 02:29 AM   #2
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma
Absolutely great reading, I've felt like I've been there with you guys. Thanks Evan, I truly appreciate those articles!
Same here.

--Erwin
Old 05-16-2004, 03:41 AM   #3

Yeah. Its been good reading. It does sound a little geeky playing Secret of Monkey Island in the hotel room.

Last edited by SerialFreak; 05-16-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #4
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Yeah, well done Stinger, they're really good, and certainly got our appetites wett for the coming week. Sounds like you all had a great time at E3.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 05-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #5
Retirement is stupid

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words.

So...no one wants to know the deal with Marek's apple core?

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 05-16-2004, 08:37 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

I'd like to hear the apple core story - Does it explain why he doesn't write the E3 updates this year, as he did in 2002 and 2003?

(I'm just curious, Stinger, don't take this as an insult to what you've written so far! 8-) )
Old 05-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #7
Mostly absent

I was wondering if anyone was going to explain that apple core thingy.
So, spit it out!*

And great work with the articles, Evan. I enjoyed them immensely.

*Not the apple core. If your going to do that, get a wastebasket.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #8

The apple core story is probabally a lot more funny if you were there, but I'll explain anyway.

So, there we are sitting in our seats in the private Funcom room getting the full Dreamfall experience. Ragnar is doing his Dreamfall spiel and showing us locations in the game and going in depth and yada yada and right in the middle of his explaining, Marek out of nowhere says, "Is that a bin over there?" Ragnar is like "What?" Marek: "Is that a bin over there?" Ragnar is just totally confused (as were the rest of us.) No Marek, there is no bin on the screen - this is a CAVE. Then Marek points to a small trash bin semi hidden in the corner of the room, gets up, and throws away this rotten apple core that he had from lunch. Everyone in the room cracked up and then Ragnar got on with the presentation.

Like I said, it was probabally a had to be there kind of thing. Needless to say, that became a running joke for us the whole E3.

There is something that all who have only known Marek online should know about Marek in person. He'll go from completely normal, to having like 10 seconds of random strangeness in no time flat....this was one of those moments.

E3 was filled with memorable moments like that...you haven't even heard much about the car crash, mini golf, Disneyland, Warcry etc etc.

btw - I actually have pics of us playing Monkey Island on the hotel TV. I'm sure those will go up soon.

Last edited by Christina; 05-16-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
guybrush_guy

LOL, thats great....

how many people were in the room? or was it just you guys?

BTW, great writing guys

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 05-16-2004 at 11:55 AM.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
Yeah. Its been good reading. It does sound a little geeky playing Secret of Monkey Island in the hotel room.
Actually, it was Monkey Island 2
Old 05-16-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
merely human

Yeah, the articles are wonderful. My only grievance is that you guys didn't include any snapshots of yourselves at E3. It would have given reading the articles a more personalized tinge. I'm glad you all had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina
There is something that all who have only known Marek online should know about Marek in person. He'll go from completely normal, to having like 10 seconds of random strangeness in no time flat....this was one of those moments.
For some strange, unfathomable reason I already know that.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #12

Quote:
The apple core story is probabally a lot more funny if you were there, but I'll explain anyway.

So, there we are sitting in our seats in the private Funcom room getting the full Dreamfall experience. Ragnar is doing his Dreamfall spiel and showing us locations in the game and going in depth and yada yada and right in the middle of his explaining, Marek out of nowhere says, "Is that a bin over there?" Ragnar is like "What?" Marek: "Is that a bin over there?" Ragnar is just totally confused (as were the rest of us.) No Marek, there is no bin on the screen - this is a CAVE. Then Marek points to a small trash bin semi hidden in the corner of the room, gets up, and throws away this rotten apple core that he had from lunch. Everyone in the room cracked up and then Ragnar got on with the presentation.

Like I said, it was probabally a had to be there kind of thing. Needless to say, that became a running joke for us the whole E3.

E3 was filled with memorable moments like that...you haven't even heard much about the car crash, mini golf, Disneyland, Warcry etc etc.

btw - I actually have pics of us playing Monkey Island on the hotel TV. I'm sure those will go up soon.
Heh, nice story. Usually the type of injokes you get on mixnmojo.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:15 PM   #13
guybrush_guy

whats the deal with the car crash?

did everyone come out ok?

Old 05-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #14
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Yeah, the articles are wonderful. My only grievance is that you guys didn't include any snapshots of yourselves at E3. It would have given reading the articles a more personalized tinge. I'm glad you all had a great time.
I'd post some, but my camera was stolen the first day of the show. Christina and Marek have photos, and I think they'll be publishing some of them once they have time.

And yeah, everyone's fine. Jake got rear-ended by a hit-and-run driver, and it messed up his bumper and one body panel, and one door won't open anymore. Apart from that, no injuries or anything.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:54 PM   #15
merely human

That's terrible, tab. I read about it in Evan's last article. Was it insured? I hope it's not too awful a loss for you.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #16
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
That's terrible, tab. I read about it in Evan's last article. Was it insured? I hope it's not too awful a loss for you.
Unfortunately, no it wasn't. It sucks because I don't have the money for a replacement right now. Especially sine I just had to go spend $50 for a new backpack to replace the one the camera was in when it was taken.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #17
guybrush_guy

i'm glad everyone's ok and that realy sux about the car and camera.

speaking of stolen,

i'm working part time at my local walmart. a women bought a tv there for $500USD as she was walking out with other employies to help her put the TV in her car, the alarm went off. she stole an 8 doller little kiddy braclet. i never saw somthing so stupid. she clearly had the money to buy it, some people are just plain stupid

Old 05-17-2004, 12:31 AM   #18
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
LOL, thats great....

how many people were in the room? or was it just you guys?

BTW, great writing guys
I believe the people in the room were me, Marek, Christina, Evan, Doug, Doug's friend Mike, and not Jake because he kept leaving. It was dorktastic to the extreme but also awesome.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 05-17-2004, 07:08 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
I believe the people in the room were me, Marek, Christina, Evan, Doug, Doug's friend Mike, and not Jake because he kept leaving. It was dorktastic to the extreme but also awesome.
Actually, Mike wasn't there. He went to the presentation the next day with me(I saw it twice lol), Sarah, and Jake.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #20
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Actually, Mike wasn't there. He went to the presentation the next day with me(I saw it twice lol), Sarah, and Jake.

Was it that good?

anything else fun/interesting happen?