You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The Scott Question Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #261
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog
Dear Sage,

To ask a question am I supposed to rub you belly like you’re a Buddha? Oh wait that is a wish..... umm my question

Do Blonds really have more fun?
Never having been even remotely close to being blond myself, I can't say for sure.
However, Kolzig and Tobbe do seem to be enjoying themselves most of the time.

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #262
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Scott, how can I get super rich so I can quit this job and go do more travelling?
I think the real question is:

Quote:
Scott, how can I quit this job and go do more travelling?
Start sucking up to Ian Wright immediately. Imagine getting paid to do travelogues for Lonely Planet.
In fact, sending him a copy of your account of your travels with Sunil through India might be an excellent way to start.

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #263
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan
Oh great Scott, what makes Limeys so infinitely weird?
I've never thought of our UK friends as "weird" at all.
In fact, I understand them better than I understand most of my own countrymen.

What makes you think they're weird?

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #264
Super Moderator

Scott - how do I deal with my procrastination? It is truely annoying me and I just don't know where to start.

Thank you kindly.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #265
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
What makes you think they're weird?
Well, for starters, their addiction to tea. For another, the oddball television programs they produce. Their love of "King/Queen and Country" when dear old Queen is really just holding down a ceremonial position (which they already know) is rather ludicrous. A few fine products of the British sytem, namely fellows like Lord Kitchener and PM Chamberlain are ridiculous to the point of being amusing. The saying "You Yanks are overpaid, oversexed and over here" is really most strange.

And last but not least, the Englanders here on the forum are not your exact example of "normal".

Still, despite all this, there's still something likeable about them....
Old 09-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #266
Super Moderator

Normal is highly overrated. I'll take their abnormality any day.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #267
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan
Still, despite all this, there's still something likeable about them....
Oh I adore all the Englanders on the forum!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #268
kamikaze hummingbirds

Huzzah!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #269
Chris Barraclough

I think that the main problem with the general American view of British life has been perfectly demonstrated here - it's highly stereotyped and old fashioned. We don't all drink tea, we don't all worship the Queen and we aren't all polite, repressed morons. Just like you aren't all twenty pounds overweight, have IQs that make a tree look intelligent, and like running around with a US flag while shooting your guns in the air. I hate tea, I think the Queen is nothing but a novelty factor, I don't dress in a top hat and say 'spit spot old chap!' It is rubbish media that feeds crappy stereotypes of other countries like this.

Oh Scotty boy, how can us poor Brits help change the general American view that everyone here still rides around on horses and lives in castles? Or should we just leave them to their bizarre little fantasies?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 09-04-2006, 05:21 AM   #270
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
I think that the main problem with the general American view of British life has been perfectly demonstrated here - it's highly stereotyped and old fashioned. We don't all drink tea, we don't all worship the Queen and we aren't all polite, repressed morons. Just like you aren't all twenty pounds overweight, have IQs that make a tree look intelligent, and like running around with a US flag while shooting your guns in the air. I hate tea, I think the Queen is nothing but a novelty factor, I don't dress in a top hat and say 'spit spot old chap!' It is rubbish media that feeds crappy stereotypes of other countries like this.

Oh Scotty boy, how can us poor Brits help change the general American view that everyone here still rides around on horses and lives in castles? Or should we just leave them to their bizarre little fantasies?
What he said. The fact that I do drink tea, do think that the Queen is doing a good job and do try to be polite makes me something of an anomaly.

Just as I'm going to assume that you don't all wander round on holiday in Hawaiian shirts, knee-length socks and sandals while desperately trying to get yourselves into every photograph ever. It's just a stereotype, and the fact that I have met people that do precisely that by no means makes it the rule; after all, one tends not to notice things unless they are unusual.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #271
Lazy Bee

There are stereotypes of all counties I guess.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 AM   #272
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Everyone from Sweden is just lazy .

Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 AM   #273
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Everyone from Sweden is just lazy .
Ha ha, that's a new one! But I guess I could make the forumites here think so.

Well we're not all blondes and we do not have a bikini team.

What are the stereotypes about Dutch people btw?

EDIT: Oops, I just hijacked Scott's question thread. Sorry!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 AM   #274
The Thread™ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
Ha ha, that's a new one! But I guess I could make the forumites here think so.
That's why I made it up .

Quote:
That they're all very tall and that they speak perfect English, mostly. I think. Not that insulting, come to think of it.

Quote:
EDIT: Oops, I just hijacked Scott's question thread. Sorry!
Ditto.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:18 AM   #275
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
I think that the main problem with the general American view of British life has been perfectly demonstrated here - it's highly stereotyped and old fashioned. We don't all drink tea, we don't all worship the Queen and we aren't all polite, repressed morons.

I can't help it if you're one of those modern fellows who likes to break tradition.

But seriously, us part-Scottish, part-Swede part-German people are the only true "sane". And as for Americans, the Minnesotans are the cream of the crop. The rest are so-so.

And it could be said that the whole of the United States is you Englanders fault. After all, you are the one's who started the country.

Last edited by Giligan; 09-04-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #276
kamikaze hummingbirds

I really do wonder about Scott's opinion of Yahoo! Answers.
Also about the question I asked earlier (I'm a depressing adolescent, y'see)
Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #277
Bad Influence

Default In Case Of My Demise...

This started off as a PM to Melanie68, but I thought I'd share it with the forum as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
*forgive me for laughing in a mourning thread...
You are more than welcome to laugh in my mourning thread...or at my funeral, for that matter. In fact, I insist on it.

Tell the dirtiest jokes you can think of, but please do so near the casket where I can hear them as well.

If you know a story in which I make an absolute fool of myself, by all means share it with everyone present. Don't feel bad about laughing at my foibles, rest assured that I did too.

If anyone attending my send-off should give you a dirty look or chide you for your merriment, you have my permission to point out that they did not know me very well at all if they think I'd have wanted things any other way.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #278
Chris Barraclough

I guess we're guilty for kick-starting the US, but after we got booted out we bear no responsibility for the mess that's been made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
They're high as kites 24 hours a day. And they can't move for bloody tulips. They love them so much.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 09-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #279
Lazy Bee

Quote:
They're high as kites 24 hours a day. And they can't move for bloody tulips. They love them so much.
Is that why we don't see jjacob around here anymore? He's high as a kite and can't reach his computer because of all the tulips. I miss him.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:28 AM   #280
Chris Barraclough

Aye, don't know where the lad went to. Maybe he got a dodgy batch. Hopefully he'll be around again some time soon.