You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The Scott Question Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 04:52 AM   #61
Life and times of...

If there is someone who you see pretty often, sometimes talk with them, but don't excactly talk to them, and don't know anything personal about them, could you still say you 'know' them?

Also, how large is the universe excactly 52 seconds after you answer? (I had a teacher who could easily answer anything like that, and he was teaching the 7-9th grades (I guess that could be called middle-school or secondary school)... He could've easily been a university teacher but decided to teach there )
Old 07-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #62
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Okay, now let's try something more personal. Suppose you've just been given a huge amount of money - $5 billion. How would you live your life?
To the fullest extent possible.

Quote:
Where would you live?
On a big plot of land outside Fernley Nevada, about thirty miles East of Reno.

Quote:
Who would you live with, if anyone?
Hopefully with $5 billion in the bank I'd finally be able to scare up a boyfriend, so that's at least one other person. I'd have a second house near mine for my Mom and Stepdad, so that's two more. My house would have a few guest suites for when friends and family come to visit, so there would probably be four or more people in the house at any given time.

Quote:
Would you work? At what?
Yes. I'd have a jaw-droppingly well-equipped garage and I'd start building custom cars. Learning the skills to do this properly might mean apprenticing for a while to established masters in these individual and varied crafts.
A chopped and channelled '38 Buick Roadmaster with a dual-quad nail valve 401 from a Riviera would be one of my first projects. A mildly customized '56 Lincoln coupe and a phantom* '74 Lincoln convertible and '79 Pontiac Grand Safari two-door might be less ambitious projects to start with, though.
(*"phantom" customs are cars that appear completely stock, but are configured in ways that were never offered by the factory. Lincoln's last factory convertible was a '67 model.)

Quote:
What would you invest in? (not just stocks, etc, but what kinds of things).
Land. Northern Nevada is a fast-growing area, and land is the only thing in the world they can't make more of.

Quote:
Would you travel?
Between car projects, yes. I've seen very little of the world and would like to see much more of it in person.

Quote:
Would you learn to fly planes?
Uh-uh, no way. History has shown that whatever supreme being there is takes rich people flying their own planes as a personal insult. Flying model airplanes might be an interesting diversion, though...particularly those that I design myself.

Quote:
Would you hire people to work for you or be independent?
I'm a pig and I hate housework, so I'd hire a maid right off. A maintenance man who's a licensed electrician would be nice to have around to keep everything running smoothly as well.

Quote:
Would you give lots to charity? Which ones, if so?
Once my own ducks are in a row, yes. A no-kill animal shelter and a preserve for wild mustangs would be my top priorities. People can generally help themselves, but animals cannot. A safe house and scholarship program for gay teens who have been thrown out of their homes or subjected to anti-gay "reparation therapy" would be excellent causes to champion and fund. Children's Hospitals and burn centers are worthy charities as well.
My house would have several three-legged dogs, one-eyed cats, and similar critters wandering around making friends.

Quote:
What is the most significant change there would be in your life with the ability to have anything you want?
Never having to punch a timeclock again.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #63
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Hugs to you for being such an honest and open and genuinely nice guy! Thanks, sweetie

Lynsie
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #64
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
A safe house and scholarship program for gay teens who have been thrown out of their homes or subjected to anti-gay "reparation therapy" would be excellent causes to champion and fund. Children's Hospitals and burn centers are worthy charities as well.
I love you! There is no better investment for the future on ALL levels than children raised to be beautiful from the inside out. We past generations have f#&ked up the world so much already, let's not pass that responsibilitiy onto our babies.

Quote:
My house would have several three-legged dogs, one-eyed cats, and similar critters wandering around making friends.
Will the one-eyed cats be allowed to wear eye patches?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #65
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
If there is someone who you see pretty often, sometimes talk with them, but don't excactly talk to them, and don't know anything personal about them, could you still say you 'know' them?
No, I'd call the person in question in question a "nodding acquaintance". I interact with the public on a daily basis at my job, so I meet scores of people who wind up falling into this category. Occasionally you can upgrade someone to friend, though. A nodding acquaintance of mine went out of his way to poke his head in the door and say hello at work the other day, so hope springs eternal.

Quote:
Also, how large is the universe excactly 52 seconds after you answer? (I had a teacher who could easily answer anything like that, and he was teaching the 7-9th grades (I guess that could be called middle-school or secondary school)... He could've easily been a university teacher but decided to teach there )
Outside of the nebulous term "freakin' huge", I have no idea.

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #66
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Will the one-eyed cats be allowed to wear eye patches?
Sure, and pirate hats too, if they like.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #67
merely human

Nah. Eye patches and bandanas are where it should stop. I hate it when people dress their pets up. It's so pathetic. If I wanted that I'd just get me a f#&king Barbie doll.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #68
Bad Influence

Quote:
Nah. Eye patches and bandanas are where it should stop. I hate it when people dress their pets up. It's so pathetic.
Ah, but I said "if they like". They're welcome to wear anything they want, but they have to select and coordinate their own outfits.

Quote:
If I wanted that I'd just get me a f#&king Barbie doll.
Or better yet, cross-dress your Ken doll. It's very therapeutic.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 02:19 AM   #69
Life and times of...

Hopefully my last question here, are you special? I mean, really, somwthing almost divine?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:41 AM   #70
Squeaky

^^
Surely that's a rhetorical question.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #71
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
Hopefully my last question here, are you special?
I didn't have to ride the short bus to school, if that's what you mean, nor do I qualify for a handicapped parking sticker. I am terribly scatterbrained, though.

Quote:
I mean, really, something almost divine?
(LOL) Hardly. I'm just an average guy from a medium-sized city in the deep South that most people have never heard of. Someone else started this thread as a joke, so I decided to turn the tables on them and answer each question as seriously as possible to the best of my limited knowledge.
Of course, I couldn't resist slipping in a little joke now and again.

As my Grandmother was fond of saying, "I'm just proud to be here".

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #72
Mostly absent

Quote:
Ah, but I said "if they like". They're welcome to wear anything they want, but they have to select and coordinate their own outfits.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #73
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
I didn't have to ride the short bus to school, if that's what you mean, nor do I qualify for a handicapped parking sticker. I am terribly scatterbrained, though.

(LOL) Hardly. I'm just an average guy from a medium-sized city in the deep South that most people have never heard of. Someone else started this thread as a joke, so I decided to turn the tables on them and answer each question as seriously as possible to the best of my limited knowledge.
Of course, I couldn't resist slipping in a little joke now and again.

As my Grandmother was fond of saying, "I'm just proud to be here".

ScottMate
Such humility is indeed refreshing, however, you are not like any average guy I know. To stay in here today typing a long encouraging post to someone who is depressed, probably making yourself late for work in the process, is hardly "average". You go the extra mile, and those of us who've noticed, love you for it, and find you to be very, very special. Now I can't comment on the "divine" since I don't play on the same team as you do, but you sure make a good friend!

Lynsie
Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #74
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius

LOL!
Clearly Mr. Ince has spent time around a feline or two.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #75
merely human

I had yet another cat dream this morning. I really do need to get 2 kittens very soon.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #76
Bad Influence

Quote:
I had yet another cat dream this morning. I really do need to get 2 kittens very soon.
Kittens are very nice, but adopting an adult cat or two is cool as well.
What breed of kitten are you thinking of? I keep picturing you owning Siamese, probably because of the "pets looking like their owners" maxim. The lithe bodies and regal yet playful nature of Siamese would suit you to a "T".

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #77
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
I keep picturing you owning Siamese, probably because of the "pets looking like their owners" maxim. The lithe bodies and regal yet playful nature of Siamese would suit you to a "T".

ScottMate

*thinks of the scene with the Siamese cats in "Lady and the Tramp"*

*imagines Trepsie as one of them*

Um, nope. That's not how I imagine Trepsie.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #78
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
*thinks of the scene with the Siamese cats in "Lady and the Tramp"*

*imagines Trepsie as one of them*

Um, nope. That's not how I imagine Trepsie.

-
Clearly those characters were written by someone who had a bad experience with a Siamese cat, as they are not typical of the breed.
In reality, Siamese are extremely affectionate and love to clown for their chosen one's pleasure. Moreso than other breeds of cats, Siamese tend to bond very closely with one person, and suffer severe separation anxiety if they are given to someone else. Siamese are also very vocal, and aren't the least bit shy about letting you know when their needs aren't being met.
Doesn't that description sound like a certain someone we all know and love?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #79
merely human

My last cat was a Siamese. His name was Moss Temperton, and he was the coolest cat in the world, whose personality was exactly as Scottsie described. He was so smart and mischievous, he and I used to wrestle together. Sometimes he would wait behind a corner and as soon as I'd walk in he'd pounce me and run off. He also used to wait for me to come home from work and I'd see him sitting in the window looking at me as I approached from street level (my apartment was 3 stories up), and when I finally entered there he was, sitting on the floor waiting for me to pick him up for some lovin'.

One time I caught him eyeing a very particular skein of yarn (my ex and I used to knit) and I said, "No you don't!" I took the skein and hid it under the cover to my ex's knitting machine. A few days later when we came home I saw a trail of yarn all over the apartment, it came from the spare room where the knitting machine was. I went there and saw that the cover had been pushed aside, a small light basket on casters pushed against it from the other side of the room, and the blue ikat rug was also swept aside. My ex's two fat cats were sitting in the living room staring at us. Moss Temperton was nowhere to be seen (he was hiding under the couch).
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #80
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Mr Scott, sir!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

How many people on this forum hate me?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.