You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat So... What Are You Wearing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #61
Epinionated.

I'm not a cocktail man... I went to a cocktail bar whilst in San Fran and ended up drinking bourbon. Whisky is a fave.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #62
SamNMax

How come everybody who saw "Sideways" is suddenly an expert on wine tasting and all the sudden drinks Pinot Noir?

Old 06-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #63
merely human

I haven't seen Sideways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresie
I'm not a cocktail man... I went to a cocktail bar whilst in San Fran and ended up drinking bourbon. Whisky is a fave.
You need to have a Manhattan. I suggest Maker's Mark bourbon for it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #64
Epinionated.

I worked in a wine shop for a year-and-a-half, have a wine certificate and did so years before Sideways was filmed. Pinot Noir is a great wine and always has been a favourite. That and heavy Australian Shiraz, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and whisky.

edit - is Makers Mark the best sipping bourbon? I had it once and found it to be warm, cosy and sugarey. Keep meaning to buy a bottle.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #65
SamNMax

Fair enough. But a lot of people are like that, you understand.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #66
Epinionated.

Probably. I'm not a massive expert or anything, I just know what I like and enjoy tasting wine. Should do it more often to be honest.

http://www.peterlehmannwines.com.au/...spx?p=27&id=14

My fave. Man, I love this stuff.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #67
Epinionated.

BTW for a cheapy Pinot that's actually very, very good, search out the naffly named Cono Sur range. Best we had for cheap in Oddbins and still a good buy, to be honest. It's not very complex at all, but it is tasty without being naffly over-fruited.

http://www.conosur.com/eng/index.html
Old 06-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #68
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
How come everybody who saw "Sideways" is suddenly an expert on wine tasting and all the sudden drinks Pinot Noir?
I think this man has the answer to that one
Old 06-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #69
Epinionated.

Man, I love that website. He's utterly offensive, not always for the right reasons, but so damn funny. Did you read the plane ticket musings?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #70
gin soaked boy

I read everything, I think.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #71

Quote:
Fair enough. But a lot of people are like that, you understand.
You need to stop reading Maddox, SamNMax.

EDIT: Of course, as usual, I should have read the latest posts.

me
Old 06-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I've been sipping wine a lot more lately since R. He's a wine whore. I need to get back to my cocktails.
So, any good cocktail places in SF?
(I don't think you mentioned any in my California trip thread, but I've yet to sort and write down all that you people mentioned, so I could be wrong)
Old 06-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #73
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Mount Gay rum and coke, rocks, no fruit...and a funnel.
I've tried wine a few times, but I just can't get in to it. Maybe I need someone who knows more than the difference between red and white to suggest some wine I might like, although I personally think dry white wines are the yuppy version of an indian-burn contest: Whoever can drink the most bitter, wretched swill without wincing or crying out wins. You'll never convince me that anyone with functioning taste buds actually Honest-to-God likes that stuff.

Back to the topic at hand, and to keep SamNMax from picketing my house while holding a sign that says "Save The Sperm!", I'm wearing baggy blue jeans and nothing else right now.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #74

I usually wear a shirt and a jacket when I'm at work, but since it's the week-end, I'm wearing a dark red T-shirt, light brown trousers, and a pair of tennis shoes.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #75
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Back to the topic at hand, and to keep SamNMax from picketing my house while holding a sign that says "Save The Sperm!"
Ha! Smashing. Seriously, though, I'm pro choice.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:22 PM   #76
Bad Influence

Quote:
Ha! Smashing. Seriously, though, I'm pro choice.
Except when it comes to undergarments?

Actually I'm pro choice too. I think it's colossally arrogant for someone who has no uteris of their own to dictate what someone else can or can't do with theirs.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #77
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
...I'm wearing baggy blue jeans and nothing else right now.
Please STFU. Considering Richard is right behind me watching football, I think he'd find it strange to see me suddenly licking my screen with your post on it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #78
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
So, any good cocktail places in SF?
(I don't think you mentioned any in my California trip thread, but I've yet to sort and write down all that you people mentioned, so I could be wrong)
Sadly, I don't truly know of any. When I was living there the best cocktails were mixed by me and my ex in our sweet little flat seven flights up from Geary Street in the Tenerloin district. Some of the places we went to aren't exceptional at all.

Except for the Persian Aub Zam Zam Room in the heart of Haight-Ashberry. Among the best martinis I have EVER, EVER had. Bruno, the old crabby owner/bartender was the nastiest curmudgeon ever and he would kick more people out than he let in. I loved that old asshole, he was 110% old school all the way. The ladies got a napkin under their drinks but never the men.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #79

Quote:
Sadly, I don't truly know of any. When I was living there the best cocktails were mixed by me and my ex in our sweet little flat seven flights up from Geary Street in the Tenerloin district. Some of the places we went to aren't exceptional at all.
Damn. Mixing cocktails is one of coolest activities ever, granted, but so is drinking some exotic ones in some cosy and quiet bar.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #80
Bad Influence

Quote:
Please STFU. Considering Richard is right behind me watching football, I think he'd find it strange to see me suddenly licking my screen with your post on it.
(LOL snort snort LOL)
If you hear him get up, just switch to the post with the picture of a pan of lasagne in it. Richard need never know of our forbidden longings.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3