You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

View Poll Results: Jackson a peado?
Guilty 15 60.00%
Not Guilty 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
GamesMaster

Default Michael Jackson

Say what you want but he does have some of the best albums ever recorded under his belt.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
Under pressure.

Not guilty. Or maybe he is, I don't know. Let me put it differently: I don't believe the current prosecutor(s). Especially that woman who is notorious for her suing.

--Erwin
Old 06-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
merely human

Guilty. You do NOT sleep with the little kids of the very parents who trusted you to take good care of them. You do NOT feed them glasses of wine. You have a great responsibility to your admirers if you are famous, and even if you suffer from the stress that entails, you do NOT abuse your fame and use it as some excuse to take liberties with innocents.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Is Michael Jackson a world-class flake who doesn't even have a toe-hold on reality? Yes.
Is he guilty of the child-molestation charges he is currently facing? I kind of doubt it, but I don't know for sure.
Is he a complete idiot for putting himself in situations where these kind of charges can be given any credence at all? Yes, he is.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #5

I believe it will be not guilty. Don't know if he is or isn't (and don't care; the man[?] is a freak, and if I had kids, I would sooner drown them than let them around him). I think, if he did do it, that these prosecutors have blown the case as badly as the ones who tried O.J. Simpson (IMO,he was guilty as hell).

Mike
Old 06-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #6
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Jackson IS pretty screwed up, and I wouldn't be surprised if he DID molest children at some point. But as far as I can tell, the prosecution hasn't proven that he's guilty. It's basically their word against his. They have no evidence.

Whether or not the jury will find him guilty is kind of hard to say. It would be pretty hard to find a truly objective jury for this case anywhere. Everyone knows that Michael Jackson is a nut. Then again, he does have a LOT of money. And we all know that rich people never go to jail.

mag
Old 06-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #7

Where is the option for "I don't give a ****!"
Old 06-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #8
Homer of Kittens

Not guilty. It's sad that people are doing all this crap to him to take his money.

Firefox rules
Old 06-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #9
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Guilty. You do NOT sleep with the little kids of the very parents who trusted you to take good care of them. You do NOT feed them glasses of wine. You have a great responsibility to your admirers if you are famous, and even if you suffer from the stress that entails, you do NOT abuse your fame and use it as some excuse to take liberties with innocents.
But Trep, how do you know they had wine? You're already certain those parents are being honest. If I had any kids I wouldn't let them even near Jackson. Unless I'm in serious need of money*. That fact alone makes those parents highly suspicious in my eyes.

What I'm saying is that the parents of those children aren't really responsible either, to put it mildly. I blame them even more than Jackson, because Jackson has a few loose wires. After what I've heard in the media, I'm starting to believe the parents of those kids are trying to get rich, thus abusing their offspring for their personal gain.

--Erwin

*Not really.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #10
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I agree with Scott - He hasn't a clue about the way things might look to the world. I don't think he is guilty of molestation - he probably has no idea what the word means. He had no childhood and I think he is trying to make up for that by playing with kids. He needs a shrink big-time but I really can't ever see him hurting a child. He adores kids.

FGM-Lyn
Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Is Michael Jackson a world-class flake who doesn't even have a toe-hold on reality? Yes.
Is he guilty of the child-molestation charges he is currently facing? I kind of doubt it, but I don't know for sure.
Is he a complete idiot for putting himself in situations where these kind of charges can be given any credence at all? Yes, he is.

ScottMate
That's exactly what I think.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:01 AM   #12
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
He needs a shrink big-time but I really can't ever see him hurting a child. He adores kids.
I agree he doesn't seem able to hurt anybody, especially a child, on purpose. But there are certain moral and legal norms in the society Jackson, as a genuinely (IMO) mentally ill man, does not even try to acknowledge. That, of course, in turn make me totally agree with Erwin on questioning sanity and responsibility of the parents in question (as it is not MJ's first accusation of condemnable behaviour).
Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've always thought that inside Jackson's mind, he's still a young kid. He has never grown up, due to stuff that happened in his childhood etc. That's why he built the Neverland. Also, I do believe that he did not molest any children.

Anyways, his career is pretty much over. It doesn't change anything if he is declared either innocent or guilty.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #14
merely human

This is where his fame and eccentricity will [used] against him. Parents' faults, media's fault, fans' fault? To a certain degree. But whether or not he's found gulity, he gravely needs professional help.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #15
Under pressure.

Definitely.

--Erwin
Old 06-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #16
SamNMax

Who cares?

Old 06-06-2005, 11:59 PM   #17
Epinionated.

You should!

If he's proved guilty, he could turn into a giant silver robot and escape! Think of it MAAAAN! The kid's won't be safe anywhere from his lazer vision!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #18
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

In my opinion, what Scott said.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 06-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #19
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
I agree with Scott - He hasn't a clue about the way things might look to the world. I don't think he is guilty of molestation - he probably has no idea what the word means. He had no childhood and I think he is trying to make up for that by playing with kids. He needs a shrink big-time but I really can't ever see him hurting a child. He adores kids.

FGM-Lyn
Oh, so that lets him off the hook? He didn't have a childhood? We should exscuse him because he never got to play with other children? Well, that's fine and dandy. But maybe he needs to realize that he HAS CHILDREN OF HIS OWN, AND IT'S TIME TO GROW UP FOR THEIR SAKE. What kind of example is he setting for his kids? If he needs a shrink that bad, then he should check in to a mental institution for his kids sake. He is not fit to have children or care for others' children.

Just a thought.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #20
Epinionated.

If it was ANYONE ELSE, then they'd have had their kids taken into care and them checked into a psychiatric ward at the merest hint of something wrong.

But he's "famous", so he gets a big trial, massive fuss... it's easy for us to forget he's human, I wonder how he feels about himself? I think that's an easy question to answer.

People say this courtcase is a ticket to reality for him. To be honest, it's not.