You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

View Poll Results: Jackson a peado?
Guilty 15 60.00%
Not Guilty 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #21
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Guilty, but not in this particular case, there's a reason he settled in all those others cases and not in this one.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #22
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Oh, so that lets him off the hook? He didn't have a childhood? We should exscuse him because he never got to play with other children? Well, that's fine and dandy. But maybe he needs to realize that he HAS CHILDREN OF HIS OWN, AND IT'S TIME TO GROW UP FOR THEIR SAKE. What kind of example is he setting for his kids? If he needs a shrink that bad, then he should check in to a mental institution for his kids sake. He is not fit to have children or care for others' children.

Just a thought.
No, it doesn't let him off the hook, but it helps to understand him. I agree that he doesn't have the whatever it takes to have kids - he's never grown up himself. And he probably does need to be in an institution. I don't know what his intelligence level is, but he sure isn't aware of the effects of his actions on the public. He has no clue that what he does is scrutinized to such a degree, and has no idea why he is seemingly maligned. He really is very child-like. And if he loses much more weight right now, he's going to fall through the cracks in the sidewalk. He's skinny anyway, but even so, his clothes are hanging off of him. You can see in his face he is worried, but you can also see the disbelief in his eyes that people would think this of him. I feel sorry for him - people will always take advantage of someone like him.

FGM-Lyn
Old 06-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #23
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
Guilty, but not in this particular case, there's a reason he settled in all those others cases and not in this one.
Maybe that's because he doesn't have enough money to settle anymore?

--Erwin
Old 06-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #24
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
He has no clue that what he does is scrutinized to such a degree, and has no idea why he is seemingly maligned.
Are you sure of this? I think his previous music would disagree with that.

Old 06-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #25
merely human

Good point.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #26
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Maybe that's because he doesn't have enough money to settle anymore?

--Erwin
Good point. He should sell all those Beatles songs back to Paul McCartney.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #27
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas
Settling isn't a sign of guilt. Most cases are settled out of court. To borrow a phrase from A Civil Action, only a fool with something to prove lets his case go to trial.

mag
Old 06-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #28
Fulci lives

Although i´m convinced that he´s guilty, i wouldn´t be at all surprised if he got off scott free, just like OJ Simpson and Robert Blake.

When are we getting the verdict? I´m tired of waiting.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #29
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

I am sortof bothered by the fact that he is tried for being weird. That is no grounds for anything, and yet. I don't think he is guilty.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #30
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
I am sortof bothered by the fact that he is tried for being weird. That is no grounds for anything, and yet. I don't think he is guilty.
Except he's really not on trial for being weird. He's on trial for child molestation. Whether or not he's actually guilty, that's a very serious charge, and it needs to be taken seriously.

Frankly, I don't think anyone can act surprised at the charges either. Through this whole thing Michael Jackson has been his own worst enemy. In my opinion, the most damning evidence against him has come from Jackson himself. He admitted on national television to sleeping with children. And his whole attitude toward children has always been...well, a little suspicious. Not much to rest a case on, I'll grant, but Jackson really brought this on himself.

mag