You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What's your type?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
merely human

Default What's your type?

Younger? Older? Beefy? Waifish? Tall? Petite? Husky? Slim? Hairy? Clean shaven? Redhead? Blonde? Olive skin? Freckles?

Ultimately I'm drawn far more to character and innate personality. I like guys that are beefy and solid but not fat (they're very huggable), I like skinny tall guys with beautiful facial bone structure, I like short waifish guys (like Wormsie), I love some older guys who ooze character (like Patrick Stewart), I love guys who are either ice pale (like Mipam Thurman, Uma's brother) or gorgeously bronzed. I love redheaded guys with freckles, and Asian guys with chiseled faces. I love a little bit of belly (which I can rest my head on), but I also love lots of angles. I love handsome tall hunky guys that love picking up and carrying me around (like Richard does), and I love skinny little guys similar to myself who I can grab and hug like a brother. It's often the little things, the parts of the sum, that I love.

What do YOU love?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-13-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Banned User

I like naked chicks myself. Pale redheads with freckers get my goat. No fatties please.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Great post Trep!

Although to me, "your type" depends on what you are looking for or what you want out of a relationship.
To me, looks don't play a large part in my choice of long-term partner. It is far more important that we have many things in common - after all, once looks fade you need something to keep your relationship alive

But, I am a red blooded male and therefore find certain female types attractive - mainly girls with dark hair, asian features and slim builds (maybe this is due to the time I have spent in Indonesia)

So, yes, these are the first things I notice, but I have to be able to talk to them and find something else other than the physical attraction to make me want to further any relationship we might have.

-
Old 04-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
merely human

Well, that's what I meant when I stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
Ultimately I'm drawn far more to character and innate personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manstud
...mainly girls with dark hair, asian features and slim builds (maybe this is due to the time I have spent in Indonesia)
Damn, I'll all that, but I'm a boy (without hair). Oh well, I'm taken anyway.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
Doctor Watson

Among my friends I'm an anomaly, because I don't think that young 19 year old boys are automatically cute and attractive. Well, maybe that's because I'm 19 myself. Many 19 year olds are attractive, but I prefer the slightly older look. Also, character, personality and a certain level of mental maturity and control (and also the lack of it, when needed) are absolutely crucial to me.

Adolescent behaviour doesn't turn me on. A friend of mine and I were once discussing the TV-show Queer as Folk and he assumed that I thought the young Justin was beautiful and sexy. Absolutely not. Justin is an arrogant little selfish prick and I really can't imagine how I could even speak to him. However, one other cute, young guy Justin happened to chat up (and whom he treated like shit) was attractive to me, because in addition to being very cute and young, his mind wasn't full of mothballs and he had an aura of innoscence and good faith. ...And he had a cute ass. Oh, and Michael is cute.

But when you are just admiring the boys walking by, there's no way you can pay attention to their personality as such. So here goes: The ideal dream boy is young, not too tall and nicely muscled. There's surprisingly many boys like that here in the campus & university.

Hairy? I have noticed that when it comes to actual interaction I prefer very little or no hair at all, but hair can look good if it suits the person. I am a very tiny guy, but I have long black, thick hair on my arms. It looks absolutely disgusting, so I shave. However, my boyfriend's arms look and feel good with hair, too. Treasure trail is generally sexy, though, and hairy back is a definite no-no.

Muscle? It looks very nice, but it's important not to have TOO MUCH! The guy in that picture really is over-beefed (nice boxers, though) or at least he has too little fat on his body - if you have muscle it can be sexy to just feel it than to see it. However, if a guy is very slim, decent abs make him look less like a sack of water. I look like a sack of water. If you look like a sack of water, having a treasure trail helps a lot. I have a treasure trail.

Belly? I don't mind, really, if the guy looks sweet. Awwww...

Height? Short is my preference. Especially short nicely muscled guys look really cute as well as handsome.

But when it comes to actual relationships character is the number one crucial aspect. This doesn't mean that the way someone looks would be completely irrelevant - it isn't. I couldn't date a guy with a ponytail or long hair or with certain facial features that I don't find attractive. There are many other people who do find those things attractive, so I feel justified about my preferences. Also, now that I have allowed myself to fall madly in love, my boyfriend looks a lot cuter and more attractive than when I first saw him. Well, he also tries to make an effort to look good when we meet.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
merely human

Heh heh. Manstud? Yoohoo!!! Promise me you will NEVER, EVER click this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0nsie
I have a treasure trail.
So do I.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Well, that's what I meant when I stated:

Damn, I'll all that, but I'm a boy (without hair). Oh well, I'm taken anyway.

Trep - you are most certainly not a boy

Plus, there are certain men I think are attractive -

Old 04-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Heh heh. Manstud? Yoohoo!!! Promise me you will NEVER, EVER click this link.

Well thanks for that Trep!!!!

Now I've made a bit of a mess which needs to get cleaned up pretty quickly

Old 04-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
merely human

Well, I look boyish. I'm kinda like Wormsie, but the Southeast Asian version, tiny and thin. Thing is, my face has sharp features that make me look a bit more feminine - high cheekbones, delicate jawline, full lips, large eyes. However, my facial hair seems to balance that out (some of my friends say I look particularly sexy with a slight five o-clock shadow. And I act more boyish instead of butch, primarily because of my body type and look, I think. But in the end I act more masculine.

That said, I really do like most all kinds types. A short yet macho looking man to me could be just as attractive as a tall man. A woman with a 'Rubenesque' body in a clingy wrap dress would send me into shivers (Mmmmmm!!) as much as an androgynously skinny 21-year-old girl in t-shirt and Levi's. It's really the character of the person as expressed throught their body.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #10
Doctor Watson

Quote:
A short yet macho looking man...
*wormsie faints*
Old 04-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #11
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Well, I look boyish. I'm kinda like Wormsie, but the Southeast Asian version, tiny and thin. Thing is, my face has sharp features that make me look a bit more feminine - high cheekbones, delicate jawline, full lips, large eyes. However, my facial hair seems to balance that out (some of my friends say I look particularly sexy with a slight five o-clock shadow. And I act more boyish instead of butch, primarily because of my body type and look, I think. But in the end I act more masculine.

That said, I really do like most all kinds types. A short yet macho looking man to me could be just as attractive as a tall man. A woman with a 'Rubenesque' body in a clingy wrap dress would send me into shivers (Mmmmmm!!) as much as an androgynously skinny 21-year-old girl in t-shirt and Levi's. It's really the character of the person as expressed throught their body.

That's what I was trying to express in my original post - I lust over lots of different physical types, but really that's just the shell - what's important to me is the person inside that shell

[edit]
So Trep, are you saying you like girls as well????
Old 04-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
[edit]
So Trep, are you saying you like girls as well????
Didn't you say that you like some men, too?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #13
merely human

Quote:
That's what I was trying to express in my original post - I lust over lots of different physical types, but really that's just the shell - what's important to me is the person inside that shell
I also tend to zoom and fixate on one or two or more specific features on people. If, say, a man I'm talking with has incredible eyes I can't help staring. Or if he has a beautiful jawline. If a woman has freckles I count them in my mind, one...two...three....

I often have great difficulty dissociating the body from the personality. If a man is highly intelligent and has seagull wing eyebrows I'll immediately link them with his intelligence. My good friend Camille, who is half Japanese and half Belgian, has this insanely knee weakening combination of wisdom and innocence, and it shows in her beautiful face!!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #14
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Didn't you say that you like some men, too?

Damnit!
You got me there - I did say I find certain men attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to have sex with them...

...not at the moment anyway
Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #15
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
I also tend to zoom and fixate on one or two or more specific features on people. If, say, a man I'm talking with has incredible eyes I can't help staring. Or if he has a beautiful jawline. If a woman has freckles I count them in my mind, one...two...three....

I often have great difficulty dissociating the body from the personality. If a man is highly intelligent and has seagull wing eyebrows I'll immediately link them with his intelligence. My good friend Camille, who is half Japanese and half Belgian, has this insanely knee weakening combination of wisdom and innocence, and it shows in her beautiful face!!

My eyebrows are practically non-existent, and that is the one feature about myself that I hate
But to get back to the topic, are you saying that you would have sex with a girl if you found them attractive?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:24 PM   #16
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
But to get back to the topic, are you saying that you would have sex with a girl if you found them attractive?
LOL! You're so incredibly persistent.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #17
merely human

Quote:
...are you saying that you would have sex with a girl if you found them attractive?
Well, if she found ME desirable, too. But I've rarely had any experiences where I've spotted a girl I'd completely want to consume. I'd love to kiss a girl one day, but it would have to be the right one.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #18
Banned User

Awww...you're all in love!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #19
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
LOL! You're so incredibly persistent.
Hehe
I just find sexuality, and different peoples attitudes to it very interesting
Old 04-13-2005, 02:58 PM   #20

I don't have any fetishes, and what looks I like change from time to time. If I've got a crush on a brown haired girl, then I won't have any interest in blondes.

I do like slim girls, but not so much that their ribs show. Some softness over their whole body is desired. Dimples are cuuuuute. Freckles, too. I don't care what their hair color is (with said statement above in mind) or what color their eyes are. Although green or icy blue eyes are quite nice. I also want a girl that's shorter than me.