You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What's your type?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #21
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Hehe
I just find sexuality, and different peoples attitudes to it very interesting
I have a tendency to slightly sexualize my friendships with my male friends and, though not nearly as much, with my female friends. By this I don't mean that I necessarily want to sleep with all my friends, just that I like the little tension, imagining that bit of intimacy with them. Which probably explains why I love flirting with everyone, it's really, in the end, my own personal way of saying 'Hey, you are worth knowing and being friends with'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider
I also want a girl that's shorter than me.
I'm the opposite. I'm short and tiny, and I love men who are taller than I. I like the idea of feeling 'protected', even though I'm fiercely independent. There's a bit of an erotic charge with feeling 'consumed' by a taller man.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #22
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I have a tendency to slightly sexualize my friendships with my male friends and, though not nearly as much, with my female friends. By this I don't mean that I necessarily want to sleep with all my friends, just that I like the little tension, imagining that bit of intimacy with them. Which probably explains why I love flirting with everyone, it's really, in the end, my own personal way of saying 'Hey, you are worth knowing and being friends with'.

A long. long time ago, when I started college and started to frequent rock clubs (because of a girl who was on my course at the time) - one of the people I became friends with was gay.

I knew this and it didn't stop me being friends with him - we used to get on really well, and from my point of view it was just a very good friendship - unfortunately one night when we were all very drunk, he decided o try and take things one step further (i.e he tried to kiss me!)
Obviously at this stage in my life I was not ready for this and he was gutted at my rejection!!

For a long time he refused to speak to me but eventually we were reconciled and became great friends
Old 04-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #23

It's funny, because since I'm with my girlfriend, my tastes in women have evolved to the point where if a woman is too unlike her (like slimer or taller or fatter), I don't find her quite right.

That said, what has always been prompting me to find a woman attractive or not is her face, almost to the exclusion of the "rest". And I'm partial to pale skins, short hair and caucasian types, but that's just a slight preference.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #24
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
A long. long time ago, when I started college and started to frequent rock clubs (because of a girl who was on my course at the time) - one of the people I became friends with was gay.

I knew this and it didn't stop me being friends with him - we used to get on really well, and from my point of view it was just a very good friendship - unfortunately one night when we were all very drunk, he decided o try and take things one step further (i.e he tried to kiss me!)
Obviously at this stage in my life I was not ready for this and he was gutted at my rejection!!

For a long time he refused to speak to me but eventually we were reconciled and became great friends

Oh my. Nah, I don't think I'd cross that line, even if I were drunk (which just never happens any more these days, thank god).

Flirting with a straight male friend is fun, though, because we both know it's only that. And it does help to establish a bond between us. I can honestly tell him that he has the most incredible eyes and he would take it very well knowing that my compliment doesn't necessarily mean I wanna shag him. But if HE ends up wanting to cross the line, well, I would definitely be shocked and might have to tell him to calm down. LOL!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Now you're talking .
Old 04-13-2005, 04:08 PM   #26
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Oh my. Nah, I don't think I'd cross that line, even if I were drunk (which just never happens any more these days, thank god).

Flirting with a straight male friend is fun, though, because we both know it's only that. And it does help to establish a bond between us. I can honestly tell him that he has the most incredible eyes and he would take it very well knowing that my compliment doesn't necessarily mean I wanna shag him. But if HE ends up wanting to cross the line, well, I would definitely be shocked and might have to tell him to calm down. LOL!!

I must say though, that this never made me see him in a negative light - in some ways the attraction he showed me only seemed to make me more curious - It was pretty enjoyable to be flirted with even though it was a member of the oppposite sex
Old 04-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
DAVE

Me, the youngun, likes women in their 30's and 40's. Funbagz! Blacks and whites, thin or not, as long as they're drop dead gorgeous. Also likes the younger specimens if they're just as attractive and intelligent.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #28
Friendly Server Admin

Hmm... sense of humor and appreciation for games are atop my list. General technical inclination is a plus

Physically? Don't especially care, although not having loads of piercings is a good thing in my book.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #29
Banned User

I'd probably date a black woman, but i'd never marry one.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #30
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Hmm... sense of humor and appreciation for games are atop my list. General technical inclination is a plus

Physically? Don't especially care, although not having loads of piercings is a good thing in my book.
I seem to be looking for the same psychological qualities in a guy that tabacco is looking for in...umm...whatever tabacco likes. I agree about the piercing thing, too. A few are fine but too many is too many, and since I can't stand metal against my teeth, that kind-of limits the piercing locations I like.

Physically, I never ever wind up with my "type" because personality counts for so much more than appearance. However, all other things being equal and in a perfect world:
Height- I've dated guys of every height from 4'8" to 6'7", so it really doesn't matter, but someone my height (6'1") would be ideal.
Build- No gym boys, but preferably someone with some meat on their bones, so I'll say medium to husky.
Hair Color- The darker, the better. I love long hair on guys, too.
Eye Color- Green, but hazel and brown are nice, too.
Ethnicity- Latins drive me crazy, Puerto Ricans in particular.
Facial Hair- Yes, please. Kissing a guy who is clean-shaven is too much like kissing a girl for my comfort.
These criteria mean very little in the real world; I always seem to attract the slender, clean-shaven, Scandinavian blue-eyed blonds, and thus have dated more of them than any other type. I guess it's the old "opposites attract" rule at work.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3

Last edited by Sage; 04-13-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #31
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I seem to be looking for the same psychological qualities in a guy that tabacco is looking for in...umm...whatever tabacco likes.
Oooh, cake! I like cake! Also women.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #32
merely human

How about cake-shaped women?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #33
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Oooh, cake! I like cake! Also women.
Well tabacco, I couldn't remember right off-hand which you preferred, and didn't want to accuse you of being something you're not. Thanks for clearing that up...I'll try to remember from now on.
I have to admit though, now I'm wondering what type of cake you prefer...besides "cheesecake", of course!

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #34
fov
Rattenmonster

I tend to go for short guys with big (muscle-wise, not length-wise) arms. In college once, I introduced the guy I was dating and mad attracted to and a guy I had dated the year before and had been mad attracted to, and had the sudden and strange realization that they had the exact same features. Side by side, they could have been brothers. They were both 5'6" with short blond hair and muscular upper bodies and arms. (If only they had been into each other, it could have gotten interesting!) So apparently that's the type I'm hardwired for.

Err... Geoff is tall and skinny, though, and I've been with him the longest. We have the same juvenile sense of humor and he puts up with my sh*t. That's my type, too.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #35
Homer of Kittens

She is my type

Firefox rules
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #36
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I always seem to attract the slender, clean-shaven, Scandinavian blue-eyed blonds, and thus have dated more of them than any other type. I guess it's the old "opposites attract" rule at work.
Interesting. I've always attracted various types, from all kinds of looks to all kinds of body types, age, and nationalities. One of my best friends, who is the same ethnicity as I, once admitted that he was hoping to make me his boyfriend. Then I was courted by a Finnish fellow who has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard; he's still a good friend. I've been pursued by black men, Puerto Rican guys, Japanese men, Belgians, Brits, Italians, Spaniards, and others. I've been pursued by daddies, twinks, preppies, leather 'n' Levi's, etc. I don't ultimately prefer one type. Like I said, I love strong personalities and interesting looking people. I could easily be seduced into a drink by a chiseled god, but if he can't hold his own in a conversation that drink will have been bought in vain.

Oh, and Wormsie, remember that one fellow I told you about? The tall hunk from London who reminded me of Hugh Jackman and hovered around me for a good hour before finally asking me home and I said no because I had such low self esteem? I still get the giggles thinking about it.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #37
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I tend to go for short guys with big (muscle-wise, not length-wise) arms. In college once, I introduced the guy I was dating and mad attracted to and a guy I had dated the year before and had been mad attracted to, and had the sudden and strange realization that they had the exact same features. Side by side, they could have been brothers. They were both 5'6" with short blond hair and muscular upper bodies and arms. (If only they had been into each other, it could have gotten interesting!) So apparently that's the type I'm hardwired for.
Wow, imagine if they had been into each other and asked you to be a third! Um, it's getting a bit warm in here....

Quote:
Err... Geoff is tall and skinny, though, and I've been with him the longest. We have the same juvenile sense of humor and he puts up with my sh*t. That's my type, too.
I need to see what this Geoff looks like, considering your good taste and personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
She is my type
WOW. I don't necessarily wanna jump her, but I definitely wanna just hang out with her for an evening over drinks. I f#&king LOVE her sense of humour. She is rare in that she can be both comical and erotic at the same time!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #38
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I am so glad I'm not the only person this has happened to!
I was out with now-ex number four (Roger) when ex number one (Randy) walks in. I introduce Roger to Randy, and after we'd only been chatting for a short while, ex number two (Chris) walks up. I introduce Roger and Randy to Chris, and after they start talking I excuse myself to go to the restroom so they can have a fair chance to compare notes. I take longer than is necessary, talk to a few people on the way back, and when I see the three of them standing together it hits me for the first time: Randy, Chris, and Roger could easily pass for brothers- Similar heights, very similar features, same hair and eye color, and similar builds!
I wasn't freaked out by their similarities anywhere near as much as I was disturbed by the fact that I hadn't noticed the similarities until I saw the three of them standing together. Creepy!

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #39
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
How about cake-shaped women?
Eh... I'd prefer it the other way 'round
Old 04-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #40
Bad Influence

Quote:
Interesting. I've always attracted various types, from all kinds of looks to all kinds of body types, age, and nationalities. I've been pursued by black men, Puerto Rican guys, Japanese men, Belgians, Brits, Italians, Spaniards, and others. I've been pursued by daddies, twinks, preppies, leather 'n' Levi's, etc. I don't ultimately prefer one type. Like I said, I love strong personalities and interesting looking people.
Your point is interesting, too. Apparently I either look or act somewhat intimidating to anyone who doesn't know me, so I tend to be the pursuer, not the pursuee. It is truly a red-letter day when someone else makes the first move in my direction, and those who do are invariably possessed of strong, confident personalities. This phenomenon explains why I always end up with guys who are technically "not my type", but who are fun and interesting to talk to nonetheless.
In gay bars I've been asked if I was really gay, so maybe I just come off as straight, and am therefore beneath most people's gaydar...who knows?

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3