You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What are you listening to?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard
Default What are you listening to?

This is a thread I've seen in many forums. You simply post what song or album you are listening to at the moment you are posting. A few simple rules: if you make a new post, it must be about what you are listening too. Your post can include positive comments about what someone else is listening to, but no negative comments, please. So, here goes:

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (album)

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 12-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
Curiouser and curiouser

The song that won't stop playing in my head right now--Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke." I listened to it once like a week ago and realized for the first time that it's (sort of) about Duke Ellington. Duh.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #3

I haven't really been listening to any music lately. I've been occasionally hitting up Gaming FM, but not as frequently as a week ago. I guess I'm not in a music mood, but more of a gaming mood now. I'm actually playing games once again.

Last edited by lumi; 12-05-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #4

" I Was a Communist for the FBI" 195'0's radio show, starring Dana Andrews. ( He was in The Oxbow Incident with Henry Fonda) Very well done show, I highly recomend it. Based on the real life of Matt Cvetic
Old 12-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

The voices in my head...

Oh, and I got the new REM CD today.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #6

I've just discovered this site called Magnatune and I've been listening to a lot of their music lately. The stuff they play is great to listen to while studying (which I've been doing a lot of this past week, finals and all).
Old 12-05-2004, 10:06 PM   #7
More slaw!!!

White Hot Odyssey is what I'm listening to. Awsome rockin' record this is. I strongly [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00066VU8Y//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20[/url] it to anybody. I've been listening to it non-stop since I bought it.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:18 PM   #8
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
The voices in my head...

Oh, and I got the new REM CD today.
Cool, that's a good album.
Have you been to any of their concerts recently?
Their finally arriving to Finland in January.

And the song I'm listening right now is:

White Widow - The Drifter
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:53 PM   #9
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I'm listening to the Zephyrs - The Buildings Aren't Going Anywhere

As you can tell from my signature and title under my name, I'm into these guys at the moment.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:52 AM   #10
Doctor Watson

Transient's latest release at One. And The Mars Volta.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:47 AM   #11
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
The voices in my head....
I do that. Lot more interesting conversations than with some of my work colleagues.

At the moment the only thing I'm listening to is the exceptionally loud cooling fan on my printer (Damn, I hate being in the office) but when I get home I might put on Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 12-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #12

Louis Armstrong
Old 12-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Cool, that's a good album.
Have you been to any of their concerts recently?
Their finally arriving to Finland in January.
I saw them in Berkeley a few months ago. It was a good show but I wished they'd played more old stuff, just because I didn't have the album yet so I didn't recognize many of the songs. Then again, I knew beforehand that they would probably not be playing many of the songs I wanted. I saw them twice on the Monster tour and once on the Up tour - those songs are quintessential REM to me (Up especially - that's my favorite of REM's albums). My sister, who went to the concert with me, had seen them on the Green tour so of course the songs she wanted were even older!

Listening to the album now, though, I recognize some of the stuff they played at the concert. I haven't listened to the whole thing through yet but so far I like it.

-emily

ps The concert was on a college campus so there were a fair number of college kids, but also a lot of people in their 20s - 40s... to be expected of fans of a band that's been around since the early 80s! As we were walking away after the show I overheard one of the college age kids say to another "That was a good show - but can you believe how many OLD people there were?" Sigh.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Heh heh hee...

At the moment my personal favourite is the Monster album.
You just can't beat What's the frequency Kenneth?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #15
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

King Black Acid and the Womb Star Orchestra - Some Things Must Be Believed To Be Seen

A slow, but intense, psychedelic song. Reminds me somewhat of Pink Floyd. Develops into a 20 minute long jam. Wonderful.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #16
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
but when I get home I might put on Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
Two p(o)ints to you!

I'm listening to Primordial (I have been doing so for some time now). They are sooo good. 8-)

http://www.primordialweb.tk
Old 12-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #17

I'm listening to Summer Time from Porgy and Bess. It just can't get any better than Leontyne Price singing a Gershwin song. I Got Plenty O' Nuttin' is next.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #18
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Listening to Afterglow Live, recorded from Sarah McLachlan's latest tour. I went to see her in concert this summer. I was in the fifth row, center. I couldn't believe how close I was to her!

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 12-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #19
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I saw them twice on the Monster tour and once on the Up tour - those songs are quintessential REM to me (Up especially - that's my favorite of REM's albums). My sister, who went to the concert with me, had seen them on the Green tour so of course the songs she wanted were even older!
I may have to leave the forum. Today on my MP3 player I was listening to "Finest Worksong" and thinking, whoa, REM is great, I wonder how Emily is liking that new REM album, but really (I thought), the quintessential REM will always be the stuff I listened to in h.s. and college--Document, Life's Rich Pageant, Green, [Which one am I missing?], and Automatic for the People[listened to it so many times while working on my college thesis that I can barely listen to it now.] Now I am going to go throw self off the old fogey bridge. . . .

Murmur?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:11 AM   #20
Curiouser and curiouser

Oops, didn't mean to kill the thread with a self-pitying nostalgia trip. I'm actually really interested in finding new music, especially since the last "what do you listen to" thread seemed to turn into a Mars Volta debate.

RIGHT THIS SECOND I'm listening to "Via Chicago" by Wilco. One of the sadder songs around. I'll probably listen to it twice.