You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Freaky... Jung's Typology Test

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #61
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Well, judging from my personal experience in dealing with INFPs, it's statistically likely that you're good at writing and have a crush on me. Infer from that whatever you wish.

Oh, I did.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #62
Under pressure.

ESFP
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
44 12 50 22

You are:
moderately expressed extrovert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

--Erwin
Old 12-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #63
The Impostor

This seems to me a rather pointless test. It asks you questions like, "Would you rather to read a book than go to a party?" and then tells you if you're introverted or extraverted. Wow, thanks. Also, a "Sometimes" or "Maybe" option would have yielded more accurate results; on a few of the questions, I felt rather misrepresented by the "Yes" or "No" option, and my overall result was quite inaccurate.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #64
Under pressure.

Yeah, same here. The overall result is quite all right, I guess, but I'd score myself 30, maybe 35 percent on the ''extroverted scale'', instead of 44.

--Erwin
Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #65
It's Hard To Be Humble

I N F P
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #66

I appear to be ENTJ or Fieldmarshall. And the description pretty much spot on.

Quote:
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 AM   #67
Second Degree Black Belt

Here is my type

Your Type is

ISFJ

Introverted 33
Sensing 38
Feeling 50
Judging 44

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #68
Citizen of Bizarro World

You, Trum and I should start a league of the ISFJ's. We'd be unstoppable!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #69
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Against my army of INTJs? Ha, you wish!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #70
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
You, Trum and I should start a league of the ISFJ's. We'd be unstoppable!

Ha, Ha our Army would be the greatest.... suite up boys

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 12-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #71
It's Hard To Be Humble

INFPs don't need an army. We're a force unto our own selves.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #72
merely human

Odilon Redon, Guardian Spirit of the Waters (1878).

I'm an INFJ (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging). This is interesting, I am the type that is the rarest of all (1%). I only took this test because this fellow, a respondent from San Francisco - and himself an INFJ - stated that I'm uncannily similar to him in psyche and that I had to be one.

Quote:
INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents.....This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil.

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices...

Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.
Typelogic.com
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #73
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
INFJ

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Hi. We're the rarest type of all. It has been stated that it is a pity that we INFJs are so rare, because if there were far more of us it would help soothe the world and heal it of wars, genocides, and general misery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless View Post
This is what I got:

[I]Your Type is

INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %
100 11 22 1

...I'd be interested in reading about other forum members. Some probably will come out exactly you'd expect. I mean can anyone expect Trep to come out as anything but an extrovert? While others may surprise us.
You're so wrong about me being an extrovert, gillsie/Player (wherever you are). I am just like you:

Quote:
INFJs are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates."
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #74
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I became an INFP

# moderately expressed introvert
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed feeling personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality

Introverted 33%
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 25%
Perceiving 11%

I'm apparently an Healer and an Idealist, and a rare personality, but a lot of the descriptions doesn't match me at all, the biggest problem is that I'm nowhere near an optimist, and saying that I view the world through "rose-coloured glasses" is just laughable..

There are a few things that are correct though:
Quote:
INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. With few exceptions, it is the NF child who readily develops imaginary playmates (as with Anne of Green Gables's "bookcase girlfriend"--her own reflection) and whose stuffed animals come to life
<Yep, Imaginary friends, animals and societies I had a lot of..
Quote:
It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities.

Quote:
Feeling is caught in the approach- avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same. The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner Essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind.

Well, I'm very determined on working for better animal care, and I do regard both animals and plants much higher than what's "normal", but I don't hold much regard for people.

Quote:
They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.
I do care passionately about a cause..

This is not even close:
Quote:
Of course, not all of life is rosy, and INFPs are not exempt from the same disappointments and frustrations common to humanity. As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., perfo rmance of duty for the greater cause. An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil. Luke Skywalker in Star Wars depicts this conflict in his struggle between the two sides of "The Force." Although the dark side must be reckoned with, the INFP believes that good ultimately triumphs.

I lost my faith in humanity long time ago, I don't see a positive ending to the history of cruelty and stupidity man has shown though-out the years..

Quote:
Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place.
Pfft!
Quote:
Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.
I do agree that I feel very isolated..

And I did not have an unhappy childhood..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #75
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I lost my faith in humanity long time ago, I don't see a positive ending to the history of cruelty and stupidity man has shown though-out the years..
Get the f*** away from me.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #76
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
It has been stated that it is a pity that we INFJs are so rare, because if there were far more of us it would help soothe the world and heal it of wars, genocides, and general misery.
From this site:

Quote:
INFJ: "Messiah"
Characterized by the burning desire to change the world, which desperately needs everyone to be NF.
And here's mine:

Quote:
INTJ: "Crackpot"
All facts which don't fit their theories are just wrong. The more all-encompassing and less applicable to reality the theories, the better.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #77
merely human

I'm a megalomaniac with a halo. LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
And here's mine:

Quote:
INTJ: "Crackpot"
All facts which don't fit their theories are just wrong. The more all-encompassing and less applicable to reality the theories, the better.
Scary. Sounds exactly like my ex. Except I think he was more of an ENTP. Now that is a crackpot.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #78
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

My BF became an INTP, an Architect, which suits him extremely well..

And he got 100% on introvert..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #79

Ugh, the Myers-Briggs -,- Can't say I care very much for this test. The most popular test in the entire world, with the least amount of supporting evidence. Great dinner discussion, though

Timbo