You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Freaky... Jung's Typology Test

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
soffistical

Default Freaky... Jung's Typology Test

This Jung's Typology Test requires a little time, the questions are plenty and the analysis is rather long to read through, but it kept my interest up... The individual results are going to be a lot to ask for people to read through, but put up a note which type you are, and if you felt it was accurate!

My result:

Your Type is ENFP
Extroverted 11% Intuitive 33% Feeling 22% Perceiving 11%

The Champion style and the ENFP type

The second was hilariously accurate, I'm afraid to say! Quote from the second link, second analyzer: ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Every time I've had to take that test for a psych class or to amuse myself in a web forum like this one, I flip flop between ENFP and INFP... so thats kind of weird.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #3
Doctor Watson

EDIT: So I took the test twice, and answered a little differently the second time, but the outcome was primarily the same:

Quote:
Your Type is INTJ: Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 56 78 33

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are: moderately expressed introvert, moderately expressed intuitive personality, very expressed thinking personality, moderately expressed judging personality.
From the text:

Quote:
Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.
That emphasis-part. Especially that emphasised sentence is so, so true.

Quote:
Rationals tend to be individualizing as parents, mindmates as spouses, and learning oriented as children. Rationals are very infrequent, comprising as few as 5% and no more than 7% of the population.
That emphasised bit explains a lot of this world to me.

Last edited by deadworm222; 05-25-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
soffistical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Every time I've had to take that test for a psych class or to amuse myself in a web forum like this one, I flip flop between ENFP and INFP... so thats kind of weird.
But always the FP eh? I actually took it two times, same result both times, so I guess I was in the same mood twice, lol!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #5
Eiran Psychonaut

Send a message via AIM to Yufster Send a message via MSN to Yufster

Haa ha ha ha.

Woah, there is so much of it.

Okay, you don't have to read all this. I highlighted the words that stuck out to me most. Just read them and you get the general idea.

And I read the second description first since it was written by a guy called J. Butt:

Quote:
Your Type is
ENFP
You are:
very expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
Quote:
General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on bo th an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (l ots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature E NFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.

ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their negle cting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.

Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
by Joe Butt

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.

Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Extraverted Thinking
Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position I don't understand this part. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.
Quote:
Champions are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

Click and be Damned!

I love S&M!!!

Last edited by Yufster; 05-25-2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #6
Umbilicus Mundi

I'm ISFP or Composer. I better go make some music now.

I remember having different results in a similar test though.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

You know, this may seem completely absurd to you, but I have been using a similar personality system to this one as a secret weapon, gauging people around me. I find it to be particularly brilliant even though it is sheer voodoo. I have brought it to such a fine craft that I may figure out with some certainty in which of the four basic groups (Plato's Guardians, Artisans, Idealists or Rationals) somebody is by just observing their facial features and expressions (particularly helpful are expressions of confusion). It is just a great tool when it comes to controlling people and presenting ideas in such a way that they can understand you and agree with you.

Anyways, I guessed ALL OF YOU ACCURATELY. Except Erkki.

I bet, for example, that James is either INFP or ENFP (the E/I is hard to figure out online). Trep is ENFP. Stinger is ESTJ.

The key letter combinations are NF, NT, SP and SJ. The rest are relatively irrelevant.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Tactlessly understated

Just in case you were wondering, the test says:

Extroverted: 78%
Intuitive: 78%
Thinking: 78%
Perceiving: 44%
Old 05-25-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
Tactlessly understated

Also I think Butt has it all wrong, particularly when it comes to judging celebrities.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
Friendly Server Admin

Hmm... I don't know my score, but I think I tested positive for ADD
Old 05-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #11
Tactlessly understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Hmm... I don't know my score, but I think I tested positive for ADD
You know, you actually have me quite stumped. INFJ is a very loose guess.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #12
Friendly Server Admin

Well, maybe I'll take it later tonight when I'm more starved for entertainment and the novelty of doing actual work has worn off.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #13
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Anyways, I guessed ALL OF YOU ACCURATELY. Except Erkki.
Did you guess INTP (Architect)?

Old 05-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #14
Tactlessly understated

I did think you were an NT Erkki.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:28 PM   #15
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
I did think you were an NT Erkki.
You're right I think. I think I answered some wrong the first time.

Old 05-25-2004, 06:13 PM   #16
Eiran Psychonaut

Gauge me, Kingz.

Click and be Damned!

I love S&M!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:24 PM   #17
Liver of Life

INFJ

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Old 05-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #18
Tactlessly understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yufster
Gauge me, Kingz.
Anytime, Horny Bony.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:05 PM   #19
Eiran Psychonaut

Quote:
Anytime, Horny Bony.
Yes, it did sort of sound a little... well anyway...

Click and be Damned!

I love S&M!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:38 PM   #20
Friendly Server Admin

Apparently I am ISTJ.