You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Indiana Jones Trilogy

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Indy movie?
Raiders of the Lost Ark 29 47.54%
Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom 7 11.48%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 25 40.98%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 06:04 AM   #1

Default Indiana Jones Trilogy

What's your favourite Indy movie?
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 AM   #2
A Servicable Villain

I already know which movie will lose.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:10 AM   #3

Yeah, it's not a bad movie though. (Temple of Doom that is) My favourite Indiana Jones movie is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Probably my second favourite movie of all-time.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:36 AM   #4
Liver of Life

Raiders is my favorite, followed closely by Last Crusade.

(as expected.)
Old 05-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #5

Raiders is my favorite as well. But I'm actually not so sure wether I think The Last Crusade is better than Temple Of Doom. It's been a while since I've watched them, though.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #6
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

As, I expected, I'm the only one voting for Temple of Doom (you bastards). That movie totally rules.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 05-03-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

It's a tight battle between Raiders and Last Crusade, but I at the moment I choose Last Crusade, Connery is just da man.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Although the Last Crusade had Sean Connery, I really liked Karen Allen in Raiders. I think she ended up being Indy's best love interest, much better than the wussy blonde in the Temple of Doom or the Nazi in the Last Crusade. Go Karen Allen!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #9
Headbanger

I think that all three movies are equally great. If somebody would put a gun to my head and force me to choose my favourite, then I would say Last Crusade.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #10

I voted temple of Doom.
I bought them on dvd recently and after watching them all, I came to the objective conclusion that temple of doom is the best

I have to admit that if I hadn't watched them on dvd (and therefore had to rely on my childhood memories), I probably would have voted raiders or the last crusade...

The problem with the temple of doom (well, my problem) is that some scenes (e.g. with the burning heart, or the brains etc.) are so overwhelming that it's easy to forget all the rest of it, e.g. the splendid beginning
Old 05-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #11

I'm going with Raiders, mainly because I found it to have the best pacing. As I watch the other movies (over and over again ), I feel exhausted from all the non-stop action. But with Raiders, it's an enjoyable ride everytime I watch it. Also, I like the dialogue in Raiders the most. There isn't a lot of it, but each line is great.

After Raiders, I'm going with The Last Crusade because of Sean Connery. He's brilliant in all his movies. Temple of Doom is certainly my least favorite, mainly because of that woman and her constant annoying screaming.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:34 PM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Raiders has always been my favourite, but I love the others as well.

One thing is for sure, these movies are way better than any of the imitators that have come out in recent years. It was done so much better in them days, before all the CG overkill.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:11 PM   #13

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
I voted temple of Doom.
I bought them on dvd recently and after watching them all, I came to the objective conclusion that temple of doom is the best
At least SOMEONE else here has some sense...

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #14
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
At least SOMEONE else here has some sense...
Hey, I like ToD too, it's just that I like the others better.

The "Kali Maaa, Shakti De" scene is one of the most memorable scenes (for me) in movie history.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
Hey, I like ToD too, it's just that I like the others better.
Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say... Well, most of them, anyway.

Quote:
The "Kali Maaa, Shakti De" scene is one of the most memorable scenes (for me) in movie history.
No question.

Old 05-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #16

The mine chase would be my favourite part of Temple of Doom with Willie, Short Round, and Indy.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:42 PM   #17
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
I'm going with Raiders, mainly because I found it to have the best pacing. As I watch the other movies (over and over again ), I feel exhausted from all the non-stop action.
I feel the same thing but the exact opposite.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #18

I think everything about The Last Crusade is pretty much perfect, except for the tedious tank sequence towards the end. It just seems to go to long.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #19
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

For me it's a close call between Last Crusade and Raiders, but Last Crusade manages to pull off the win.

As for Temple of Doom, I've always considered that the weak link in the trilogy. Raiders and Last Crusade were both awesome movies, but I can barely get through watching Temple of Doom because it's so stupid. If you could make an Indiana Jones movie out of pure Cheez Whiz I think it would come out looking like Temple of Doom.

mag
Old 05-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
For me it's a close call between Last Crusade and Raiders, but Last Crusade manages to pull off the win.

As for Temple of Doom, I've always considered that the weak link in the trilogy. Raiders and Last Crusade were both awesome movies, but I can barely get through watching Temple of Doom because it's so stupid. If you could make an Indiana Jones movie out of pure Cheez Whiz I think it would come out looking like Temple of Doom.

mag
I actually find Last Crusade to be the cheesiest Indy movie by far. I didn't feel like I could take it seriously. I think that in their haste to get away from the darker atmosphere of Temple of Doom, the filmmakers ended up with too light-hearted a movie. It's fun because of the interplay between Connery and Ford, but it definitely has the least replay value for me. I just don't get the sense of tension and action out of that movie that I do from Raiders and Temple. It's still great, mind you, but I don't think it's nearly as complete a film as the first two.