You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Your handle, title, avatar & sig...explain.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #121
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

Nick - 'Pappapisshu' as in "a native word meaning 'youch'". From The Curse of Monkey Island, which I probably was playing when joining the community. I don't know why, but somehow it stuck. Maybe it was the way he said it.

Avatar - just a crazy cat bringin' all that jazz! Desciptive of the kind of music I was very much into (and still am) at the time (though I was probably looking for something deeper and funkier), and it has stayed since then. Partly because I'm too lazy and can't be arsed to find something else.

Title - What this jazz cat is bringing. And what I'm looking for, particulary in deep funk.

Signature - Some of the most awesome music I listen to at the moment.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #122
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

Nick: Thought it would be cool to be G Knight's non-existant descendant
Avatar: Anime cribby as a deejay
Title: To gloat that I am the master of the dark moon..
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #123
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
I think this is only the third time you're posting this. Of course, whether or not it's on purpose remains to be determined.
I think I've posted my own avatar/nick/sig source at least twice myself. Besides, I think I missed Bastich's first two postings of said info.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I think I've posted my own avatar/nick/sig source at least twice myself. Besides, I think I missed Bastich's first two postings of said info.
Eh, I never said it was a bad thing, did I?
Old 02-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #125
King of the Wild Frontier

burns flipper is the computer chap from TLJ (obviously) - he made me laugh out loud first time I played, with his unnecessary cussing. Thta's just the kind of cussing I like.

avatar is from another forum, and I chose the tag line as it seemed to fit the avatar. anyone who remembers my original one: that was Esteban from The Mysterious Cities of Gold, a cartoon I loved when I was younger - all about the Spaniards and their quest for gold in the New World, against a backdrop of adventure and discovery and ancient technologies. I managed to get a copy of the whole thing in my last week at Uni.

The sig is from the Finn Brothers new album - I've been a fan of Neil Finn since his Crowded House days.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #126
Epinionated.

AAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahahaaaah Someday we will fiieeeeennnnndddd the cities of Goooo-ooo-ooooooo-o-o-o-o-o-ooooold!

Ah, classic cartooning.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #127
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns flipper
burns flipper is the computer chap from TLJ (obviously) - he made me laugh out loud first time I played, with his unnecessary cussing. Thta's just the kind of cussing I like.

avatar is from another forum, and I chose the tag line as it seemed to fit the avatar. anyone who remembers my original one: that was Esteban from The Mysterious Cities of Gold, a cartoon I loved when I was younger - all about the Spaniards and their quest for gold in the New World, against a backdrop of adventure and discovery and ancient technologies. I managed to get a copy of the whole thing in my last week at Uni.

The sig is from the Finn Brothers new album - I've been a fan of Neil Finn since his Crowded House days.

I saw one episode of that show in french. Grayswandir from the DIVIDE showed it to me. It was the episode where they find the golden Condor.
It was great!

The guy who made that show made several great cartoon series. My favorite of them was "Ulysses 31".

From back to front: Yumi, Ulysses, Telemachus, and Nono.

Ulysses and Yumi.

That last one shows Yumi and her brother Numinor, by the way (and also the rest of the sleeping crew in the background).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #128
No justice. Only me.

Numinor? Someone liked Tolkein.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Numinor? Someone liked Tolkein.

Maybe. It was a collaboration between France and Japan, so I can't tell which of the two.

Or maybe there was somebody in the story of Ulysses that we did not hear of before, because he was the understudy.

No, really. Numinor does not really do much in the series. At one or two times he wakes up for some reason, and is important for that show. Then he falls into that sleep again, which Zeus put all the members of Ulysses ship. He just hangs around most of the time (Hey! I made a pun!).

-

Old 02-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #130
King of the Wild Frontier

The guy who did the voice for Gomez in Cities also did a voice or two in Ulysses. You can now get Ulysses on DVD, but Cities only in French
Old 02-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #131
Citizen of Bizarro World

For some reason I always have a burning need to proclaim far and wide any changes to my avatar or title, and instead of starting a new thread as usual, I'll just keep using this one to vent my everlasting enthusiasm.

Avatar: A photo of a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. My brother has the enlarged version as his desktop picture (he's a big rally car fanatic), and I really liked the pic, so I was like, "what the hizzle, it's time for a change." It's a really sexy car, wouldn't you say?

Title: A wordplay in keeping with the avatar. I'm an evolutionary! (Vive le Evolucion!) It simply means I'm the kinda guy who hopes to constantly keep changing himself for the better.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 02-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #132

My new avatar shows Medusa from the painting "Medusa" by Victor Nizovtsev.

I just found that picture, and I love it. I had actually looked for a more classic Medusa, but when I found this one, I could take no other picture.

In Greek Mythology, Medusa is my favourite. I don't think she was evil or anything. She was turned into what she became known as by a god. She must have been very sad. And she did not *decide* whom to turn into stone, or anything like that. She had been made so ugly, that to see her horrible face petrified a person.

So I chose Medusa as my avatar. And my handle now is "Medusa's Eccentric Hairdo", which kind of explains itself. A friend came up with that for me.

-

Old 02-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #133
Doctor Watson

My new avatar depicts Tinky-Winky's eyes. They are rather haunting, aren't they...
Old 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #134
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

I liked your previous avatar more, Wormsie. Pretty much the best avatar I've ever seen anywhere.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #135
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyToy
I liked your previous avatar more, Wormsie. Pretty much the best avatar I've ever seen anywhere.
I started disliking it after a short yet pleasant affair.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #136
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Let's see here, my avatar is an ad for the new Beck CD. It's not really that good, but I'm a lazy guy and it's the only one I could find. It's good music too, so that helps.

The title, 'A Slice of Fried Gold', just a cheap reference to Shaun of the Dead. I'm sure I'll change it to reference some other movie I like soon.

And then finally, there's my signature, where I recommend songs. I've been doing that for the past few years and I'm too lazy to put something else there.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #137
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
I started disliking it after a short yet pleasant affair.
Yes, I fully respect that.

But I don't respect your current avatar. And I hope you'll soon start to dislike it.
No, kidding - it's not that bad!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
My new avatar depicts Tinky-Winky's eyes. They are rather haunting, aren't they...
I was wondering what that was. Scary kind of like a clown.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:25 AM   #139
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Well, Mr.Mares forced me to come and do this so here I am.

My avatar is simply a picture of a ferret which I found under my desk (well, I actually googled it) and the name is what most of you voted for. I liked ArseFerret as to me its amusing.

Also, in a job I had once we had two words we used when we had one of those "stuck-for-what-word-to-use" moments. So we would use either badger or ferret, for example: "dont you put the badger on the erm....the erm....the ferret" just a small example. Oft times we could make up whole conversations like this (strange I know). In fact it got so bad, we had to go out and buy a fluffy little badger to stick in the shop, but we couldn't find a fluffly ferret (or even a fluffy ferret). I think this derived from when we went to a pub which sold a beautiful tasting real ale called "Badger"; then it just kinda stuck.

My siggie well, thats self-explanatory, and not in the slightest bit innuendous

Anything else you guys want to know?

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #140
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
we had one of those "stuck-for-what-word-to-use" moments. So we would use either badger or ferret, for example: "dont you put the badger on the erm....the erm....the ferret"
Funny, whenever my brother has a "stuck-for-what-word-to-use" moment, he uses "Gilgamesh."

Yesterday at pool, With Mares and Andres tag teaming agains two of our buddies:

Mares: "Dude, you keep hitting THEIR balls!"
Andres: "I can't shoot well when Gilgamesh is in my way!"

BTW, I don't know how they really call Gilgamesh either...
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem