You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Your handle, title, avatar & sig...explain.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #221
In an evening of July...

I'm sure you recognize the girl on my current avatar... Hint-hint:

A boat, beneath a sunny sky,
Lingering onward dreamily
In an evening of July...

Children three that nestle near,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Pleased a simple tale to hear...

My favorite books, I've read them in English, German and Russian.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #222
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

My avatar is my character from Guild Wars - a Necromancer with the second profession of Elementalist.

As for my title, Guild Wars uses instancing. So it's a lame joke...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #223
Citizen of Bizarro World

My Av is my uncle's kitty wrapped in a Partizan scarf. Partizan is my favorite Serbian soccer team, hence the title. My siggie is an ASCII rendition of a football, in the spirit of the World Cup, which I borrowed from some artist named jgs, 'cause mine blew (blowed?) . "Napred Plavi!" means "Go Blues!" (or Bloowies?), which is the national team's nickname. I'll probably take it down as soon as we get eliminated, but hope that won't be in another three weeks or so.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 06-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #224
merely human

Handle: It's Latin for 'Man who plays games'.

Title: In response to Dasaliva's smart-ass title, that bitch.

Av: It's a shiny brown longdoogie. Need I say more?

Sig: My mom's awesome. She does ethnic things. Need I say more?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #225
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Handle: It's Latin for 'Man who plays games'.
I always translated it as "Adventurous Game Person". I had read somewhere that "Intrepid" can also mean "Adventurous", though right now I can only find it being defined as "bold" or "brave".

In any case, that made me smile back then. Still does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Av: It's a shiny brown longdoogie. Need I say more?
Yay! A Dackel!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #226
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
I always translated it as "Adventurous Game Person". I had read somewhere that "Intrepid" can also mean "Adventurous", though right now I can only find it being defined as "bold" or "brave".
'Intrepid' does mean fearless, yes. Hence: Fearless game playing man.

Quote:
In any case, that made me smile back then. Still does.

Quote:
Yay! A Dackel!
OMG!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-12-2006, 12:42 AM   #227
Schoolgirl From Hell

Someone called me a mean girl in the forum.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 06-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #228
In need of therapy

Name: Japanese for crow.
Title: Exactly what I need.
Avatar: Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
Signature: A quote from Alphonse in a scene where someone attempts to kidnap him.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:31 AM   #229
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Someone called me a mean girl in the forum.
Reminds me of this guy on The Abyss City flaming me "brick wall". I wear it with pride.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 06-12-2006, 02:58 AM   #230
I regret nothing...

Send a message via MSN to L'Homme Dangereux

My username is actually the spawn of an amusing encounter with a member of England's fine police force. Following a night of debauchery in my local pub, my friend and I decided to stumble back home as opposed to taking the bus. On the way we stopped off at the petrol station and I bought some cigarettes. In retrospect preparing to light up there, whilst a policeman is in front of you, was not one of the most informed decisions I have made in my life. With cigarette in hand and lighter ready to go, the officer grabbed my arm and told me to not be such an idiot. I asked him why, he said that was a dangerous thing to do. In my inebriated state I told him I was a man of danger... pausing for a second to quip, I am L'Homme Dangereux. A subsequent public disorder warning cemented that moment in history.

As for El Capitaine Haddock? Well the man is just a legend. A glorious womaniser, alcoholic and naval practitioner, he exemplifies all that is lost in today's society: escapism and a a total disregard to political correctness.

Plus, what a beard!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #231
Grah! Grah!

My name comes from the lines "'Hyaaack, hyyyaaaack, hyyyaaack, hyack, hyack, hyack, hyack! Hyack! Hyack this heavenly bodeeeeeeeeeeyyyy. Yyaack, yyyaaack, yack, yack, yack! Yap! Yap! Yap! Yap! Yap!' goes Junkface" in Junkyard by The Birthday Party, one of my favourite songs. I'd been listening to said song moments before installing Sid Meir's Pirates, and when it came time to name my character I thought, "my, that sounds like a wondrous name for a pirate!" That feeling carried over to joining this forum. I also like the amount of meanings you can attribute to the word junk. The avatar is a detail from one of Goya's black paintings and seemed suitably hilariously grotesque and desperate. I like the contortion of the mouth.

Mr Dangerous Man, I salute your belief in Haddock. He's long been one of my idols.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 AM   #232
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

My username is just a small pun. My name is Mordechai, and I like to go by the nickname Mory. My middle name is Ariel (pronounced "Ah-ree-ehl"). So my name is Mory-Ariel. I thought it would be cute to call myself Moriarty-L. That's all there is to it.

My signature is there because I was sick of people calling me Moriarty. Because there is no pun in Moriarty without the L. So I figured, if people want to shorten my name, that's fine- they can call me Mory, like everyone else.

My title is pretty straightforward too. I'm an outsider by design and by choice. People might look at my title to ask me "Who are you?". So I answer: "I'm not like them!". (No matter who "they" are.)

My avatar is... um, wait a moment. [copy, paste]
My avatar has four levels of meaning. On the most basic level, it's just a pictorial representation of what I think is my defining statement: "I Am Not". That's an "I" on the left side, and an "M" on the right side ("M" = "am"), and both letters are inside the inequality sign ("≠"), meaning "not". On a psychological level, I am defined as a person attempting to separate himself from whoever he sees. That's why this simple statement is at the center of my symbolic face.

Taking the three colors into account, the avatar represents my basic philosophy. The blue is like the sky, symbolizing our looking up toward God, so the blue triangle represents religion, starting from a narrow perspective and getting wider as it goes up. That little red triangle at the bottom is man. (Red for obvious reasons.) Green is like nature, and so the green figure similar to mountain peaks represents science and our attempt to understand nature. Its shape is chaotic, random. But it makes sense in that everything stands on the lower parts, with the peak being supported by everything else. That's man again on the top- as far as science is concerned, he is the highest level of life. The two sides of the picture are completely separated from each other, but fit together seamlessly. This shows how science and religion must be understood together in order to see the whole picture in front of us.

Thirdly, my avatar refers to computer screens. If a face is what you see through, then my computer screen is certainly what I see through to the world I care about most. This reference can be seen in the fact that the three colors are red, green, and blue, but more importantly because the proportions of the inner rectangle are 4:3.

Finally, it tells what games I like, by identifying the design element I look for: exploration. It does so by referencing the mainstream game most devoted to exploration: Riven. The entire picture looks similar to a Rivenese numeral.