You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #401
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Are you Hammerite?
2. Are you Chuck Jones?
3. Why?
__________________________________________________ _________

1.Yes.
2. No.
3. Because.
__________________________________________________ _________

1. Are YOU Hammerite?
2. Do you wish you were Hammerite?
3. When?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #402
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. No, honey. I'm Squinky.
2. Not particularly. Should I?
3. The twelfth of whenever.

1. Who's your favourite Disney villain?
2. What's your favourite song from a Disney movie?
3. What's your favourite animated movie that wasn't made by Disney?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #403
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

1. Gaston. He's a personal role-model, or something.
2. You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me.
3. Chicken Run.
________

1. Did/do you get good grades in school?
2. Do you think getting good grades matters in life?
3. Do you think being really really ridiculously good-looking matters in life?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #404

1. I got some excellent grades. I got some horrible grades too.
2. I suppose.
3. Definitly.

---

1. Ever been high on oxygen?
2. Ever been manic?
3. What's the strongest painkiller you've been on? Did it feel good?

Last edited by undeaf; 12-19-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #405
Citizen of Bizarro World

1. No, but I appreciated the cold, soothing texture of oxygen a lot more after trying a smoke.
2. Not really, although I do get wacky after pulling all-nighters.
3. Advil, I guess. For headaches. Having no headache felt good.
________

1. Incorporate a piece of underwear into a superhero's costume: would he/she wear it on his head, over his/her tights, or some other imaginative spot?
2. When you felt most depressed in your life, what was that about?
3. Let's assume that the next generation of humans are gonna be very advanced on the evolutionary scale (mutants!). What superpower would you want your first/next child (or grandchild) to be born with?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. How do you think up questions?
Usually i look at the questions that have been asked and make up questions along the same lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
1. Are you annoyed by people who don't directly answer your questions in this thread and instead try to come up with a witty non-answer to avoid the issue entirely?
No, because I think I'm doing it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. I hadn't noticed. As far as being intimidating...oh noes, r u a gurl?!
I didn't mean to imply that. What would be so shocking about it, am i too nerdy?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #407
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
I didn't mean to imply that. What would be so shocking about it, am i too nerdy?
No idea. I was just being sarcastic.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #408
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
1. Incorporate a piece of underwear into a superhero's costume: would he/she wear it on his head, over his/her tights, or some other imaginative spot?
2. When you felt most depressed in your life, what was that about?
3. Let's assume that the next generation of humans are gonna be very advanced on the evolutionary scale (mutants!). What superpower would you want your first/next child (or grandchild) to be born with?
1. He/she would use is as a slingshot, flinging unmentionable filth at his/her foes.
2. It was about not seeing any hope in my future, feeling lonely and inadequate and talentless... Essentially when I was most depressed in life, every horrible thing I could imagine sort of collided into each other within a day or two. Maybe it was just bad timing.
3. I'd like for them to be able to restore youth to their parents/grandparents (it's selfish, I know, but I'd like to be around to witness the new mutant age).

---

1. If someone was after you threatening to kill you, and the only possible means of survival was to disappear into the countryside and live a simple existence without any modern amenities for the rest of your life, would you? (I know the scenario doesn't really make sense, but that's besides the fact)
2. When you felt most content in life, what was that about?
3. If it was announced the our planet would get sucked into a black hole in 30 days, what would you do?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #409
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
1. If someone was after you threatening to kill you, and the only possible means of survival was to disappear into the countryside and live a simple existence without any modern amenities for the rest of your life, would you? (I know the scenario doesn't really make sense, but that's besides the fact)
2. When you felt most content in life, what was that about?
3. If it was announced the our planet would get sucked into a black hole in 30 days, what would you do?
1. Without a doubt. After all, I'm an adventure gamer, aren't I?
2. It was about feeling pure spiritual bliss for a time; Feeling that I had transcended the petty requirements of my physical body with no effort on my part; Feeling like I didn't have to try extra hard to become a better person, as I had already become one simply because of who I invited to inhabit me full-time. That feeling has diminished since I relegated him to part-time status, though.
3. I'd fly back home, and engage in hedonistic activities with close friends. Or maybe become super-spiritual again? Not sure.
_____

1. The Earth is about to be sucked into a black hole, and you've been assigned to the "Survival: Human Race!" project. You're paired off with a person you wouldn't wank off to in your nightmares. All the skinny people have already been sucked into the hole, you see, and the only ones left are those large enough to cause graviton-distortions. Do you
_ _a.) fly to Mars with the person, and reproduce.
_ _b.) fly to Mars, then kill and eat the fatso.
_ _c.) fly to Mars and beg the fatso to eat you.
_ _d.) take off the fat-suit and get sucked into the black hole.
2. When you were angriest in your life, what was that all about?
3. What brand of time-keeping device do you currently possess?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #410
Unreliable Narrator

1. That would all depend on whether the guy has a good personality. (Also, I'm appalled that you'd assume by default that a "person I wouldn't wank off to in my worst nightmares" would necessarily be fat. I know tons of ugly skinny people and cute chubby people, after all.)
2. I find I tend to get really really angry when I'm around a lot of family members who insist on constantly annoying me. I love my family, but sometimes, they have no concept of how important it is for me to have some quality alone time...
3. A Swatch.

1. Would you rather be angry or depressed?
2. Why did RLacey just copy a set of my past questions verbatim? Is he the new Trumgottist?
3. In that case, who do you predict will be the new Lee in Limbo?

Last edited by Squinky; 12-19-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #411
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Also, I'm appalled that you'd assume by default that a "person I wouldn't wank off to in my worst nightmares" would necessarily be fat. I know tons of ugly skinny people and cute chubby people, after all.
Oh, but I'm talkin' obscenely fat. How else do you think he'd be able to resist the pull of the black hole? Even the ugly skinnys are gone!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #412
Unreliable Narrator

Then my "depends on whether he has a good personality" answer still applies.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #413
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. Would you rather be angry or depressed?
2. Why did RLacey just copy a set of my past questions verbatim? Is he the new Trumgottist?
3. In that case, who do you predict will be the new Lee in Limbo?
1. Depressed. Anger makes me do stupid things. Depression makes me not do stupid things. The fact that I don't do any smart things either when depressed makes this not entirely desirable either.
2. Because you are the sould of wit, and everyone wants to be like you.
3. Preposterous question; the answer is No One. I'm inimitable.

1) You meet a beautiful couple, find both attractive (bear with me), they find you attractive, but the one who is the opposite sex to you, though caring about you, does not want to do anything with you unless both are involved. Complicating this, you want that one even more than their partner, and their partner wants you more than the one you like most. Do you sleep with them both, or give up and go home?
2) Do you ever wish you could just take a drink or a pill or something that would allow you to be completely sober and responsive, but completely uninhibited, just so you could experience things you normally would never allow yourself?
3) If you answered No to either of the above, would you do it if you knew in your heart that absolutely no repercussions (spiritual included) would come of it?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #414
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
3. Preposterous question; the answer is No One. I'm inimitable.
That's what I thought, darling. That's what I thought.

Quote:
1) You meet a beautiful couple, find both attractive (bear with me), they find you attractive, but the one who is the opposite sex to you, though caring about you, does not want to do anything with you unless both are involved. Complicating this, you want that one even more than their partner, and their partner wants you more than the one you like most. Do you sleep with them both, or give up and go home?
2) Do you ever wish you could just take a drink or a pill or something that would allow you to be completely sober and responsive, but completely uninhibited, just so you could experience things you normally would never allow yourself?
3) If you answered No to either of the above, would you do it if you knew in your heart that absolutely no repercussions (spiritual included) would come of it?
1. Neither. I'd invite them for coffee and spend the entire night sitting and talking with them about philosophy and adventure games. (Hey, you did assume that I found them attractive, and to me, "attractive" means that they'd enjoy this sort of thing.)
2. I don't need to ingest any substance for that. I just need to be around people I'm very comfortable with.
3. Impossible. Everything has repercussions.

1. Did you have a nice day today?
2. How easy is it for you to find people who really really understand you?
3. How do you generally react when you find such people?

Bonus Question: What is a "sould"?

Last edited by Squinky; 12-19-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #415
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. Neither. I'd invite them for coffee and spend the entire night sitting and talking with them about philosophy and adventure games. (Hey, you did assume that I found them attractive, and to me, "attractive" means that they'd enjoy this sort of thing.)
I've done exactly the same thing myself, on a number of occasions. I also once chose from column A, a lifetime ago.
Quote:
2. I don't need to ingest any substance for that. I just need to be around people I'm very comfortable with.
Noted. These days, it's the same with me. However, I do still have to deal with repercussions.
Quote:
3. Impossible. Everything has repercussions.
I agree. However, you are ducking a precondition of the question; i.e. That you KNOW you will not suffer for your dalliance.

Quote:
1. Did you have a nice day today?
2. How easy is it for you to find people who really really understand you?
3. How do you generally react when you find such people?

Bonus Question: What is a "sould"?
1. Relatively, though not as productive as I should have been. I frittered away time prepping a source book for images of my cartoon character Zoe, which took more time than it should have, since I was talking with a dear friend whose father was hospitalized today, and I aosl made a rich vegetable beef stew. All in all though, a good day.
2. Very difficult, although it's getting easier as I get older and more receptive to other people's signals. It's just complicated.
3. I'm generally so ecstatic beyond measure, my barriers drop completely and I open myself to ridiculous amounts of folly.
Bonus: 'Sould' sounds like one of my famous typos. It IS listed in slang as being an amalgam of soul and sold, however.

1) If you were given the gift of time travel, but could only communicate with people in other times via cryptic clues, would you chose symbols or words as your sole form of clue?
2) If you hadn't heard from somebody for a long time, and when you went searching for them could only find cryptic clues, would you think they were left by the person you were searching for, or by a kidnapper?
3) If you wanted to mount a big game design project, but got stuck with a design partner like, say, me, would you get frustrated and give up if I took longer than you liked to produce my mart of the project?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #416
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
I agree. However, you are ducking a precondition of the question; i.e. That you KNOW you will not suffer for your dalliance.
Well, the fact that such a precondition is impossible makes the answer irrelevant. Still, I'm sure you could guess that the answer would likely be "yes". Why? What exactly are you trying to get at, here?

Quote:
1) If you were given the gift of time travel, but could only communicate with people in other times via cryptic clues, would you chose symbols or words as your sole form of clue?
2) If you hadn't heard from somebody for a long time, and when you went searching for them could only find cryptic clues, would you think they were left by the person you were searching for, or by a kidnapper?
3) If you wanted to mount a big game design project, but got stuck with a design partner like, say, me, would you get frustrated and give up if I took longer than you liked to produce my mart of the project?
1. Words shrouded in symbolism.
2. Depends on whether the person I was searching for would be the type to leave behind cryptic clues.
3. Judging from past experience, I'd probably work on a different project while waiting. I certainly wouldn't give up unless you wanted to, though.

1. You befriend someone of the sex opposite from the one you normally prefer. You find yourselves closer than anyone you've ever known before, including those of your preferred sex. Then, one day, this person admits that they've been in love with you for a long time, and they do it in an extremely eloquent and heartfelt manner. How do you react?
2. Is gender mostly biological or a social construct?
3. Should game companies listen to their hardcore fans?

Last edited by Squinky; 12-20-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #417
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Then my "depends on whether he has a good personality" answer still applies.
Open-minded is the new shallow.

Quote:
1. You befriend someone of the sex opposite from the one you normally prefer. You find yourselves closer than anyone you've ever known before, including those of your preferred sex. Then, one day, this person admits that they've been in love with you for a long time, and they do it in an extremely eloquent and heartfelt manner. How do you react?
2. Is gender mostly biological or a social construct?
3. Should game companies listen to their hardcore fans?
1. "You see naked guys and think, 'wow, that's sexy'. I don't make that connection, any more than I, when I see a fish, think 'I wanna drain its blood, and use it to paint my ceiling.' It's just not there for me, sorry."
2. I'd say biological. After all, society didn't construct my penis.
3. Absolutely.

1. What famous person do you wanna hug?
2. What famous person do you wanna slap?
3. Why don't you?

Last edited by Maquisard; 12-20-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #418
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
2. I'd say biological. After all, society didn't construct my penis.
Ah, but I meant gender, not sex. Meaning masculine/feminine rather than male/female.

Quote:
1. What famous person do you wanna hug?
2. What famous person do you wanna slap?
3. Why don't you?
1. Everyone at Telltale!
2. All those superficial plastic girls (and guys) with no talent. There are way, way too many.
3. In the first case, I already have hugged some of them, as a matter of fact. What sweethearts. In the second case, geographical distance and being surrounded by bodyguards are important factors.

1. Fill in the blanks: _____ is the new _____.
2. If you had to be part of a TV family, which one would it be?
3. Who's your favourite former child star?
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #419
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Anyone who picks up an acoustic guitar and sings a bit is the new Bob Dylan as far as the media is concerned.
2. malcolm in the middle family, there wouldn't be much differences, except that i have one sister instead of two brothers.
3. none of them are really awesome, though i do believe that macaulay culkin did some music, that may or may not be good. i'm not sure tho.
__________________________________________________ _______________

1. Fill in the blanks: I really ___________ the new ______________
2. Does anyone actually give a damn about ANYTHING paris hilton has to say or do.
3. Is it a bird?
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #420
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

1. Sam and Max episode 2 is the new release on GameTap from Telltale
2. The one in Transamerica, or did you mean the other kind of TV?
3. Drew Barrymore

Dang you to heck, Hammerpoo

1. I really watch the new s
2. Yes, but they keep their identity a closely guarded secret
3. No, its the OTHER type of thrush

--------

1. If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?
2. When did you stop torturing defenceless animals?
3. Am I (a) Great (b) Marvellous or (c) Wonderful?