You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The No Sex Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #61
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

@Spiwak: Oh my goodness... you're right. I did a search for "Spiwak" from author "pinkgothic" and almost all the posts are at least a disagreement!

... I never noticed.

*makes notes to say nice things to you more often, because she happens to like you*
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #62
is not wierd

Well I think this is at least the third time. Once in the "will you be my friend" thread, once some other time, and once just now. I always find it funny how emotional you get, and then when I inevitably inform you that I'm not trying to offend you, you beat yourself up about it. So cute.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #63
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
I always find it funny how emotional you get, and then when I inevitably inform you that I'm not trying to offend you, you beat yourself up about it. So cute.
Well, I'm glad I can entertain you with my nonsensical behaviour, at the very least; that does soothe me a bit - because I'd just get irritated at me. Correction. I get irritated at me. *pause, think* You're right. It's hilarity. I'm so silly.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #64
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post

Also, SCRUGAtes, I didn't mean to be inflammatory with any of my replies to your statements. Sorry about that. I won't say anything more.
hey man, it's cool. i had a bad day and i was a little irrational tbh. in all matter of fact you are - and always were for that matter - right.

there are greater things than orgasms, and they last longer too. imagine being a blind man who has his sight re-instated and being able to see the world again after 25 years. that's gotta be better than an orgasm right?

or what about playing live in front of one million people and having the knowlege thet all of them worship you and the songs you have composed.

sorry, old chap. friends?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #65
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Well, I'm glad I can entertain you with my nonsensical behaviour, at the very least; that does soothe me a bit - because I'd just get irritated at me. Correction. I get irritated at me. *pause, think* You're right. It's hilarity. I'm so silly.
Maybe you and me can go flirt in other threads sometime. Y'know...just the two of us...and the rest of the forum... haha, kidding of course.

I think this thread is officially shot now...
Old 11-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #66
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13 View Post
sorry, old chap. friends?
Friends. *nods firmly*
Old 11-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #67
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Friends. *nods firmly*
IT'S LIKE THAT IS IT!!!

(just kidding [ ])

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 11-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #68
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Anyhow, NWN2 does run fairly slowly. I had to turn some graphics settings down.
Yeah, a bit sad that. That means that even a new gfx card won't suffice for myself anymore. On the other hand, who needs a new D&D game if you already have like thousands of them?

But,.. but... Chris Avellone was involved with this!

Damn good point.

Time to install Icewind Dale Baldwin II again.. Seems like I managed to fix my once corrupted second disc with a soft sock and tooth brush. Laugh! Now! Doesn't make it any less true, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I think this thread is officially shot now...
Indeed. I'm going to mutilate its corpse by posting that if you're really feeling upset about reading something in the chit chat section of some internet forum, then maybe it's time to get a life. Or even better: Eat some yummyummy pizza! I'm saying this in a serious tone. In a tongue-in-cheek-serious-tone, to be precise.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #69
Citizen of Bizarro World

I haven't been paying close attention to the goings-on lately, but I guess, generally, sex does eventually in one way or another get thrown into a discussion. I'm usually, if not always, fine with it.

This thread may have been better at staying on topic if it had an actual specific non-sex-related theme, rather than NOT being about sex. In this case, we really have the "elephant in the room" situation.

BTW, I think Jat's question has gone without answer long enough. Vanilla=Vagina.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #70
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
I haven't been paying close attention to the goings-on lately, but I guess, generally, sex does eventually in one way or another get thrown into a discussion. I'm usually, if not always, fine with it.

This thread may have been better at staying on topic if it had an actual specific non-sex-related theme, rather than NOT being about sex. In this case, we really have the "elephant in the room" situation.

BTW, I think Jat's question has gone without answer long enough. Vanilla=Vagina.
funny

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 11-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #71
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'd like to apologise for any offence that I've unwittingly caused with this thread. It was a spontaneous response to logging onto the forums last night only to find that the first three or four threads that I read in Chit Chat had all descended onto a certain topic. I genuinely am not out to offend anyone, and I seriously wish that I hadn't created this now.

I'm out of here.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #72
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I haven't been posting as much lately, but I do come in and read a lot. The open flirting between Jelena and Step, and Squinky and Lee have been fun, and kinda cute to watch. Not only does it not bother me, I do enjoy it.

When it crosses the line for me, is when, gay or straight, it gets explicit. When Trep and Scott used to flirt, it was light and funny, but never went too far in my eyes. There are some now who DO (or did) take it way too far. I don't want to know the nitty-gritty of what you do to whomever. I don't want to read a primer on how-to, thank-you very much - there are lots better sources of that on the net, if I'm of such a mind to partake of it.

I'm no prude, but I feel that sex belongs in the privacy of one's bedroom, not posted for all to see in a forum. And being in the forum, you can come across it without expecting to see anything like the promises of very descriptive and private (or should be) delectations that appear here. In fact, I feel the mods have been overly lenient with some examples.

/rant

FGM
Old 11-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #73
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther View Post
I'm no prude, but I feel that sex belongs in the privacy of one's bedroom
Hey! Stop that! I don't want to know where you like to do it! Leave the details out please.

(Sorry. I couldn't resist)

--Erwin
Old 11-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #74
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Sorry. I couldn't resist
I think that pretty much sums up my "oops, was it OK to say that?" relationship with this thread.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I'm incredibly tired and overwhelmed with all of the work I have to do. I just feel so physically and mentally tired after my week to feel like doing much of anything fun right now. I'm just working at getting things done and worry a bit (though I try not to) about how I'm going to get all of the work done that I need to do by next summer so I can finally graduate, get a job and I don't have to scrounge around for another year of funding.
Looking at that very blah post of mine (made after a very long day) makes me realize I shouldn't try to do too much in one day. It tires me out and makes me bitchy. I had a much better day today and am feeling much better about my dissertation research (it's amazing what a good night's sleep will do).
Old 11-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #76
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I'm sick, and that's not especially fun.
My throat is acting up, and that is not fun at all! it's like a kind of itch, witch I can't get removed (had sore throat the day before yesterday) I keep coughing to get it away but it doesn't work.
Kinda makes me so crazy that I try things like burn my throat, so that it'll hurt instead of being like this..

And my nintendog "Pipp" doesn't respond to any commands. It doesn't even respond to it's name. Stupid game makes me frustrated..

Since I've picked up the NDS lite, I've bought 8 games;
Brain training, that I picked up with the machine (witch I'm really enjoying),
Another Code, witch I'm saving for my trip to Bodo,
Super Mario 64 (being returned, I can't stear in that stupid 3d world),
Nintendogs - Labrador and friends (still not sure if I'm gonna keep this, I think I'm going to, but I almost got a heart attack when I started the game after over a day and saw that my dog was starving.. )
Project Rub, this is definitely going back. I was able to do the first five levels but then it got way to hard, and I kinda thought the whole thing was extremely stupid
Phoenix Wright - This is also on hold until my Bodo trip, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. I'll probably tear the plastic off and play the first case in about a week
Mario Cart DS - I'm not sure about this one, I think I'll keep it, even though the 64 version is much better (we have the Nintendo 64 standing on the floor in front of our tv), but I'd like to finish all the races, and I'm thinking about getting a wi-fi connector..

Another Code, Super Mario, Nintendogs and Project Rub was bought used, so I didn't pay that much for them. Fortunatly I still have 10 days return right on them, and it's going to be used (not on all of course, I'm definitively keeping Another Code)..

oh, and Big Brain Academy is arriving in the mail soon.. Anyone played it?

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Last edited by Panthera; 11-03-2006 at 07:33 PM. Reason: adding a game
Old 11-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #77
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Since I've picked up the NDS lite, I've bought 8 games; ...
If you're not averse to a pretty mild RPG, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is a great game. I just got Emily playing it, finally
Old 11-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #78
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Lee and Squinky
Sitting here wondering if you've taken offence to my gibes: get a room, do you want me to pay for the room, when's the wedding and such.

I sincerely hope you understood that it was all friendly part-taking (is that a word?) in your tete-*-tete. Since you've been flirting openly I figured it was open to anyone to comment and/or take part in the fun.
Sorry, I didn't see this comment earlier. Still, your assessment is completely and utterly correct; our "soap opera", as AFGNCAAP put it, is most certainly open to the general populace. In other words, keep those gibes coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco View Post
If you're not averse to a pretty mild RPG, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is a great game. I just got Emily playing it, finally
I started playing this one too, also through Doug's recommendation. I'm liking it so far.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 AM   #79
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I seriously need to get a DS.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:31 AM   #80
Squeaky

Soap box rant or not, I have to say that was one eloquent and well-measured post, Lee. Very well put.

In entirely-unrelated-to-sex matters, I have 2 weeks left of broadband before I have to move into a house with a shared dial up connection. How is one supposed to deal with the sudden deprivation of one of life's basic necessities?