You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #101
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
When they showed the back of the book Mohinder's father wrote, I recognized the face instantly.
I am the boss of you?

(Was I really the only one that spotted that? You call yourselves adventure gamers?)

Last edited by Trumgottist; 11-24-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #102
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

So, they saved the cheerleader. I wonder what they aim to next. Thise time they didn't call Clair's father evil in the intro.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #103
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I am the boss of you?

(Was I really the only one that spotted that? You call yourselves adventure gamers?)
Sure we did, we just don't go around bragging about it.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #104
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I am the boss of you?

I don't know what you're talking about; evidently, you've seen Erick Avari in more than I have, since I've seen him only in obscure guest spots.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #105
Game Creator Hobbyist

Zork: Grand Inquisitor.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:11 AM   #106
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

"Who is the boss of you? I AM THE BOSS OF YOU!"

Hilarious actors in that game. Dirk Benedict's role was great, too.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #107
Super Moderator

WOW!! Wild cliffhanger (I'm too lazy to say anything else.).

Roll on Jan. 22.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #108
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah, that episode was so good....where to begin?

My favorite scene was the Haitian guy--TALKING!! The fact that he's sympathetic to her came as a surprise. And the cliffhanger was great! Oh, 6 weeks, I hope you go by quickly....
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #109
Not like them!

Wowee. The Peter/Matt scene was pure distilled coolness. The Haitian? Brilliant. And I still am very confused about what actually happened in the Sylar/Eden fight, which I think is by design. The way they shot it (no pun intended) is very vague, and what was with that surprised face Sylar made? And the mass amnesia? I was in complete disbelief on how much the writers have screwed up Claire's life here. And the bomb being Peter? Wowee! I didn't see any of these twists coming. I'm so glad this is a TV show rather than a comic, so that I can get so darn much of it so regularly. Yeah, the six week wait is a bummer, but just think if it were like that between every chapter!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #110
Psychonaut

Hiro Vs a TRex with a sword. Wonder if the budget will stretch to that.

Great episode.

Not sure about Peter being the bomb. I'm sure it will mean something else.

Can't wait.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #111
Citizen of Bizarro World

Peter dreams about other people's powers (like his brother's) as if they were his own, so he could just be getting this new dream from Mr. I Nuked My Wife To Death.

I'm wondering whether Peter would have permanence to borrowed powers if he started killing people like Sylar. And is Sylar's power stealing contingent on him eating brains, or is brain collecting a side project?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #112
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
I'm wondering whether Peter would have permanence to borrowed powers if he started killing people like Sylar. And is Sylar's power stealing contingent on him eating brains, or is brain collecting a side project?
well remember that Clair's dad said something abour Sylar altering his DNA so many times!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #113
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
well remember that Clair's dad said something abour Sylar altering his DNA so many times!
Spoilerific

I don't know how they're going to explain the muffin topping. When Mohinder's dad goes to Gabriel's shop the first time Gabriel is cannibalising clock parts together into a new watch (sylar) like he seems to be doing with people's powers. Is he taking a physical part of brain and placing it inside himself?

If this is the case then you have to wonder if Eden managed to destroy the part of her brain Sylar needs when she shot herself.

I'm betting the Haitian intentionally returned Sylar's abilities for some as yet unknown reason. Sylar must escape and (I hope) the bomb must happen. Everyone keeps saying they must save the world and so far they think stopping the bomb is the target but its way too obvious to be the real endgame.

The painting of Hiro with the dinosaur was funny, without context its difficult to assume he really travels back that far though. More likely its indicative of where he gets the sword (say in a museum with a dinosaur exhibit?).

My burning questions are - Can Peter absorb more than one person's powers at once? and what was his girlfriend doing in the dream?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #114
Not like them!

Well, it makes sense if Peter really is the bomb- She was trying to prevent him from deliberately blowing himself up (being in love with him and all), and Isaac was trying to hold her back. Now, they obviously already knew what was happening, since they'd managed to clear out the road and had all gotten together. Dunno what Claire was doing in that outfit (not that it makes much difference), or more interestingly why she seemed to be saying "I'm sorry.". And where was Ted, if we continue to assume that this is meant to be understood straightforwardly?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:44 AM   #115
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Who's Ted? Radiation guy? I'm thinking that maybe Sylar and Peter both got to him, which would account for all the paintings/dreams of the explosion having it seem to occur in the sky (Sylar), while also explaining Peter going combustible (on the ground). Or maybe Peter overloads, having so many of the heroes in close proximity like that to him.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:58 AM   #116
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

The plot thickens. A whole bunch. Claire is on the run with the haitian guy. Hiro's dad is the man behind the experiments. Nathan is Claire's real dad! Some intereseting new people from the list. Sylar and Mohinder working together!

The show is getting better and better, IMO. Although, what bothered me last episode was Ted's explosion in the house. It just kept going on for way too long.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #117
Second Degree Black Belt

I agree with you about the explosion, I thought it was a little long. I was also surprised that brought the girlfriend back "Simone". I was not expecting that. But I can't wait to watch it.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #118
Creepy Father Figure

I had to go buy VCR tapes to record them since I go to work again this afternoon. I was hoping they would have a picture of Linderman on Heroeswiki but no such luck. I really need to break down and get a DVR or DVD burner for the living room.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #119
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The thing that might bother me the most is:

Spoiler:
I read that the first season is called volume 1 and when next autumn volume 2 starts, it's going to be an entirely new plot with no returning familiar characters from volume 1 or something like that.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #120
Creepy Father Figure

I can almost bet that
Spoiler:
even if that's true, their is going to be several constants in the storyline. I can almost bet that Hiro will be a constant