You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Heroes

I just got done watching the pilot of this show - Heroes

Did anyone else see this? It was on NBC at 9 pm (GMT minus 7 hr) and will be repeated again tomorrow at 8 pm. I loved it!!

I haven't had a TV show grab me this much in a long time. It's about people of varying ages and nationalities and genders who are discovering that they have special abilities. You start to learn that they are interconnected and this will be explored further in future episodes and what these special abilities will mean.

It's refreshing to see such a different show on to break up the monotony of crime shows and medical shows (and reality shows).

The pilot is online at the website in case you can't see it when it replays tomorrow night (at the website linked to above).
Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

I've seen the previews, but I missed the actual show. It looked interesting, and I'm glad to hear that it didn't disappoint. I'll be sure to watch it in future.

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Melanie618 was sayin
It's refreshing to see such a different show on to break up the monotony of crime shows and medical shows (and reality shows).
Amen sister!! That show was awsome!! I actually had to run out of the room when that girl stuck her fingers in the garbage disposal! and my daughter just laughed at me.
Studio 60 also captured me with the way it shows the goings on behind the scenes of TV shows in a different light
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
Second Degree Black Belt

I haven’t seen it yet. I have replay TV so I am going to record it this weekend and watch it...... I can't wait

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I've seen the previews, but I missed the actual show. It looked interesting, and I'm glad to hear that it didn't disappoint. I'll be sure to watch it in future.
The pilot is on again tonight at 7 p.m. your time.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I haven't had a TV show grab me this much in a long time. It's about people of varying ages and nationalities and genders who are discovering that they have special abilities. You start to learn that they are interconnected and this will be explored further in future episodes and what these special abilities will mean.

The premise sounds almost exactly like the tv show, The 4400. Or the X-Men.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I've only barely seen very little, tiny bits of the 4400 so I can't comment on the similarity to that. It does sound like X Men. But many of the mutants in X Men knew they were different from the time they were kids whereas most of the people in this show had only realized something was different about them for a short while. I'm not explaining it well but it seemed different than X Men to me.

Just watch it. I command you! Then you can see the cool previews for next weeks show and be hooked like I am.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
Citizen of Bizarro World

And me!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 AM   #9
Lazy Bee

I guess I'll have to wait a couple of years for this show to appear on Swedish TV. We just got House and I'm enjoying it a lot. Hello sick people
I know there's the possibility to watch shows on the internet, but as Kolzig mentioned in the New Found Love thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah, but these days television is filled with so much crap that I want to have at least one series that I can just normally watch from the tv every week and wait for that new episode to come.
That's how I feel as well.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Psychonaut

I enjoyed the pilot.

Not sure what happened with the nurse at the end?

Spoiler:
Lived in big brothers shadow for ages and now it's his brother with the flying power. It's going to piss him off. Although he might have some kind of psychic link to his brother
Old 09-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I enjoyed the pilot.

Not sure what happened with the nurse at the end?

Spoiler:
Lived in big brothers shadow for ages and now it's his brother with the flying power. It's going to piss him off. Although he might have some kind of psychic link to his brother
Spoiler:
I agree with the psychic link. He had mentioned to the mom that he knew about his brother's accident from a while ago before any calls had been made. In the previews for next week's episode, the nurse shows up.

I also really interested in the cheerleader's story. Who are her real parents and what's up with her dad?

The Japanese guy just makes me laugh.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #12
Psychonaut

Super Hiro
Old 09-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
Creepy Father Figure

Herro New Yowk!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I guess I'll have to wait a couple of years for this show to appear on Swedish TV. We just got House and I'm enjoying it a lot.
House is starting tomorrow in Finland.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

You could always have someone take it and send it over.....At your own expense, naturally.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #16
Banned User

You've all inspired me to check it out...which I shall....TONIGHT! BWAH HAH HAH!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #17

All these good comments is truly a sign that this show will only get better. I'm a fan of the superhero genre, so I got to check this show out as soon as I can.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #18
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I'll think about it. I'm not big on superhero stories. At least those who dress in ridiculous costumes and tights. Unless it's the Tick, which pokes fun at every aspect of the superhero genre. So that makes it okay, right?

Anyway, I suppose I'll give Heroes a shot this week perhaps. A dozen AG players can't be wrong when it comes to entertainment, because it's a well-documented fact that we all like the same kinds of things. Ahem.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #19
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4 View Post
The premise sounds almost exactly like the tv show, The 4400. Or the X-Men.
Those young'uns....

http://epguides.com/MisfitsofScience/
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Oh wow!!

After 3 episodes, I'm still hooked. There are the occasional cliche plot devices:

Spoiler:
The small journal in Moinder's father's laptop that contained a key! How easily Matt the cop convinced the FBI agent he could read people's thoughts. Nikki's story is a little cliched and I find her a bit annoying but I'm still interested in where the cop who pulled her over will be taking her and how Linderman (the guy she owes money to) will figure in all this.

I can't wait to find out more about Sylar:

Spoiler:
That scene in FBI headquarters ended with a surprise and an OMG from me.

With Matt the cop:
Spoiler:
He could hear everyone's thoughts in the bar except for the African-American guys. Who was that?

Also, the ending with the cheerleader. Oh my God!!

The product placement was quite jarring though. The pilot episode was broadcast with limited commercial interruptions and their main ad was for the Nissan Versa. Lo and behold, Hiro and his friend want to rent a car at the airport and they ask for a... Nissan Versa.

The story line is still keeping me hooked. I think this will take us through this season and NBC has the rest of the episodes ordered apparently (so no cancellation) but who knows where the story will go.