You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #41
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
I loved the scene on the subway:

Spoiler:
Seeing Hiro as confident, strong, AND speaking fluent English...man, that was awesome. But it took me a second to realize who he was, lol. And that SWORD!!! Whoa!
Best bit for me as well.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #42
Super Moderator

Wow! I think we're on Episode 4 (don't know the name). At the beginning, I knew that Nathan was going to fly but when he did, it still floored me! I went WOO HOO, at the TV.

Also, maybe this was discovered in last week's episode and I wasn't paying attention but maybe Peter:

Spoiler:
doesn't really have the power to fly. It seems he can dream the future and the whole bit where he finished Isaac's painting was funky. It seems he and Isaac can do something similar but one needs to be high to do it. I wonder how that'll play out.

The guy who can hollow you out is quite freaky.

The motivaions of Claire's dad are still a mystery to me. Is he out to stop these people from doing what they are meant to do? --->

Spoiler:
Save Claire thereby saving the world?

I'm sure there's more. As usual, Hiro and his friend give the right amount of comic relief to the show. I think the show would be too heavy if they weren't there.

Cool episode.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:01 AM   #43
Creepy Father Figure

I'm pretty sure that Peter is some sort of empath. he doesnt have a power of his own but can use the power of another person that is close by. like Hiro in the train where he could step out of time, his brother flying (Which also blew me away!), and the painters power. Just my thought.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:57 AM   #44
Super Moderator

^ That makes sense.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #45
Psychonaut

Yes i'd certainly say that Peter seems to take on the powers of the other heroes.

Yet to see if it's a permanent effect or if he can only do it when in the prescence of another hero.

Excellent episode.

Nathan flying, meeting Hiro, Nikki's husband has powers??, Peter Painting the future etc. "My name is Peter Patrelli I have a message for you......"

This show just gets better. oodles of fun.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #46
Super Moderator

I'm interested to see what kind of fellow Nikki's husband is. He's only been protrayed through her eyes (horrible) and through Micah's (who believes him to be essentially good).

This show has great endings. They know how to do a terrific cliffhanger.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #47
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah the cliffhangers remind me of the first season of Alias....every episode leaves you wanting more!

Re: The politician guy flying....this is the second or third time he's denied having powers. Is it possible he can do stuff and not remember doing it afterwards? Or is he just trying to keep it quiet? Seems that if he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have treated Hiro like a crazy person as much as he did...knowing what he and his brother can do, I mean.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #48
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Yeah the cliffhangers remind me of the first season of Alias....every episode leaves you wanting more!

Re: The politician guy flying....this is the second or third time he's denied having powers. Is it possible he can do stuff and not remember doing it afterwards? Or is he just trying to keep it quiet? Seems that if he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have treated Hiro like a crazy person as much as he did...knowing what he and his brother can do, I mean.
Cmon LSL, he is a polotician!!! DENY DENY DENY!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:

I think he's trying to keep it quiet. His first and foremost goal is to win the election. Anything that can be perceived as weird or controversial can damage that.

Also, he may have thought Hiro was nuts but he still gave him a ride. I think there's a good person underneath all that swagger and self centeredness.

Also, I must have missed this early on but what is wrong with Nathan's wife or has that not been told yet?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #50
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Cmon LSL, he is a polotician!!! DENY DENY DENY!!!

LMAO...yeah, that's true. But at times, he seems genuinely confused by the idea of anyone seeing him use superpowers. Even with his brother, his reactions are a little..."off", like when Split-Personality chick has to piece together what her alter ego has done. I don't know, maybe he IS just denying it for his career, but he gives off a vibe to me, like he's not realizing the impact of what he's becoming. Weird.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #51
Super Moderator

Just one more thing:

I mentioned Micah before. When the police thought D.L. was at the house (and he was), Micah told the police that his dad didn't do anything. He is very convinced of his dad's innocence. Is that the naive belief in his father or does he know more about his Dad and Mom than what anyone knows. Nikki tries to hide things from him but kids aren't dumb. Micah is very intelligent but I wonder if he will have any special abilities.

P.S. Maybe the thread title can be edited to include spoilers because I haven't been using spoiler tags maybe when I should.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #52
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

good questions, Melanie....hmmmm....
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #53
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I've only seen the first two Chapters so far, but I can see my assumptions were correct- this is absolutely a super hero show. Not a "low-key" one, either- this is pretty over-the-top stuff. And I love superheroes. AND I LOVE THIS SHOW! Amazing amazing amazing amazing. I think what bulldog meant was that it's being played as serious sci-fi rather than fantasy- I have read comics with similar approaches, but Heroes does have a style all its own, one I greatly admire. The "novel-for-TV" format is taken way farther than even Babylon 5 took it. This kind of show couldn't have been on TV even a few years ago. The cliffhangers are great, and I'd suggest that it's exactly like how comics have been written for years. It's great to see "comicbook stories" move past the comic book. And did I mention I love this show?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #54
Creepy Father Figure

This was posted on Youtube by NBC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0lpjqEqDg
Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #55
Not like them!

I've caught up, and wowee this is a great show.

Spoiler:
So far, there hasn't been any reason (other than the tattoo) to believe that Niki has any superpowers at all, as opposed to being just plain insane with multiple personalities. But this being a genre show, I fully expect to find out that she is more powerful than she seems.

I agree that it seems we're being misled with Claire's "dad". I don't know what's going on there, but there's got to be some sort of huge twist there. Oh, and I don't trust Mohinder's father's "friend".

I don't understand, if Hiro can jump back in time to the beginning, why he doesn't save the world himself instead of recruiting Peter. But time travel stories are rarely explained to my satisfaction in sci-fi shows, so I'll let it pass.

When they showed the back of the book Mohinder's father wrote, I recognized the face instantly. He's an actor I've seen in a bunch of shows before. He's not a particularly good actor -from what I know, he just plays simple extras usually- but still, why would they take a picture of an actor instead of some member of the staff or something like that? Don't they have to pay actors to have their likenesses in the show? So either that actor's just friends with someone who works on the show, and I'm reading too much into this, or we'll actually see him up and about, maybe in flashbacks.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #56
Creepy Father Figure

I loved the super powerfight tonight. Man that woman was killer... litterally.
Cannot wait for the next installment, they better produce 22 shows or I'm gonna write threatening e-mails. To bad about Studio 60 tanking though, I liked it.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #57
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah, the fight was cool, as was the revelation about WHO was killing everyone while Hiro and his brother were hiding...and I liked Studio 60, as well. But I think the weak skits killed any chance it might've had to draw an audience. Too bad, too...was beginning to take a weekly dose of Amanda Peet for granted...
Old 10-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #58
Not like them!

Studio 60 is being cancelled?

NOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I loved the super powerfight tonight. Man that woman was killer... litterally.
Cannot wait for the next installment, they better produce 22 shows or I'm gonna write threatening e-mails. To bad about Studio 60 tanking though, I liked it.
NBC picked it up for a full season.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #60
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, and I don't trust Mohinder's father's "friend".
Told y' so.