You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #1841
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I finished the first draft of my thesis today. All ~11 500 words of it. Thrilling.

Now I just need to make it at all good...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #1842
Backsliding Pagan

Many thanks to you, Jelena and Tsa, for your kindness and understanding--you really helped take the edge off the panic. Fortunately, my little girl's fever broke yesterday afternoon; I am giddy with relief. Now I just have to write thirty good pages by Friday so I can make my deadline and keep my agent satisfied, but I am so happy that my child is well, none of that seems too important. Good luck to all in your various endeavors.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #1843
kamikaze hummingbirds

My shyness is annoying.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #1844
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Dave Gilbert just accused me of writing too much in my blog. I mean, ten posts in 3 days isn't a lot, is it?

By the way, if I keep mentioning my blog, will some of you go and read it
Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #1845
tsa
Playing character

I updated my blog today, AND made an English version of it too! Three posts in 10 months isn't too bad, is it?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #1846
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
Fortunately, my little girl's fever broke yesterday afternoon; I am giddy with relief.
Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
By the way, if I keep mentioning my blog, will some of you go and read it
I've checked it out already.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #1847
Lazy Bee

What a day I've had.
This morning as I arrived at work one of my co-workers announced she had a book for me. It was a book by a Swedish, female columnist who writes witty about life from a woman's, and specifically a mother's persepective. My co-worker announced that I was being too "meh" nowadays and that I needed some humour in my life.
OK......

The rest of the day was as it usually is, my work day ended at 4 pm and I rushed to the hospital to donate some blood. I used to donate blood but have had a break for a couple of years. I was looking forward to do a good deed, but wasn't allowed to, since it had to pass at least six months after having a tattoo done before it's considerd safe to donate.
Oh well...

I rushed home, checked the forums, treated myself to 20 minutes of rest on the bed before I went to town again. Right as I was leaving the house my 180 cm tall, 16 (soon 17) y/o son comes up to me and gives me a hug.
Now that just made my day....<3

Picked up my daughter at church and took her to the gymnasium (expr?) at the other side of town where she practises acrobatics. She's there for 1.5 hour which gave me time to do the groceries. I came back to the parking lot with still 40 minutes to wait. That gave me time to check out the book my co-worked gave me this morning.
She was spot on. It was just what I needed and I spent 40 minutes laughing.

Now I've just had dinner. We had take away McDonald's: There goes any illusion about me living a healthy life all the time. I'm exhausted and plan to end this day by watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager season 4.

Oh, and I'm writing this on Mr J's laptop, without a spell check. Just so you know....
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #1848
tsa
Playing character

You don't need a spell-checker Jelena
Old 02-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #1849
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Agreed. You're way more coherent than all those university students I have to put up with who insist on always typing things like "how r u?"
Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #1850
tsa
Playing character

I also work at a university, and there are a lot of people 'dyslectic' here, which is an easy excuse for being too lazy to learn to spell.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #1851
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
You don't need a spell-checker Jelena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Agreed. You're way more coherent than all those university students I have to put up with who insist on always typing things like "how r u?"
Now you two made my day!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #1852
tsa
Playing character

Progress in science is made in a long line of small steps. Yesterday I made such a step. Despite my headache I was able to find out why the experiment I'd done a few times never worked. And I could prove that changing the way I do the experiment gives the desired result. I'm happy. This result brings the final product I'm working on a bit closer. I hope I can make the thing before my contract expires in October.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 AM   #1853
Backsliding Pagan

Congratulations on the breakthrough, Tsa. I know those small steps add up, and I'm sure you'll reach your finish line.

Jelena, I had to laugh at your remark about living a healthy life all the time. I stopped giving my little family red meat about three years ago, but we regularly order out for pizza and chinese. In my opinion, it is sometimes healthier to eat the fast food and get the rest you need
Old 02-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #1854
Lazy Bee

Quote:
In my opinion, it is sometimes healthier to eat the fast food and get the rest you need
Amen sister!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #1855
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Congratulations on the breakthrough, Tsa. I know those small steps add up, and I'm sure you'll reach your finish line.

In my opinion, it is sometimes healthier to eat the fast food and get the rest you need
Thanks for the congratulations. There's still a long way to go and I don't know if I can finish the thing by October, but boy am I going to try!

And I second your opinion about the fast food. I'm often way too tired to cook, and there are many (expensive) healthy fast food things available in the supermarket these days.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #1856
Creepy Father Figure

Dear blog,
I sure miss conversing with you all but having a hard time still settling in and working constantly.
I have been working in a Caterpillar parts warehouse since July and it's like going back to school again! There seems to be a training seminar or machine workshop almost every week there. Add on top of that all the weekends I have to work being the low man on the totem pole and I'm swamped.
You guys take care of yourselves and I should be able to drop in from time to time. Things will be better when they finally bring in some part time summer help and I should get some relief.
Take care
Paul
Old 03-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #1857
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm just glad you're still with us, Paul. I was getting worried I might have scared you away by excessively referring to you as "(Forum) Dad".

(Seriously, I often don't notice when I'm overdoing something, and on the Internet it is even harder for me to notice if people are annoyed by my actions. So you have to tell me when I'm overdoing anything. )

Also:

Dear Aggie,

Next week will be great. I'm leaving for Egypt with my Choir on Wednesday, and my mother is coming too (she's not singing though, as she can't sing. She says her interpretation of "Alle meine Entchen", a well known children's song in Germany, caused great confusion in her school as no one could recognise it. ). Before that happens, I will have to go to Frankfurt and find some nice paper so I can work on an improved version of an old watercolour drawing I did - this time I want to try a chalk drawing instead.

Also: I knew it!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #1858
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Egypt? Lucky thing.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #1859
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Egypt? Lucky thing.

Meh, it's Cairo. I've only been from Luxor to Assuan so far, which was pretty nice. I hear Cairo is a bit dirty, but I hope we at least see the Pyramids at Giza and the Egyptian Museum.

Also, I've got myself a sundial so I can make up for my current lack of a wristwatch. It's the most awesome thing ever, as I can basically also use it as a compass (if it shows the time, the two rings are aligned exactly North-South and East-West.). Not that I really need a compass, since I have always been able to tell from feeling where North is, except when in Berlin (my sister has the same talent, and she also can't tell where North is in Berlin from feeling. Something about the city messes up our feeling for direction, for some reason. I wonder if it confuses the pigeons there too. )

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #1860
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Wow, Egypt. Congrats. For the record, I'm extremely envious.