You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #7821
Stalker of Britain

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post this here.

Louie has written a book and put it up on Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20

I just thought I'd share, although I can not comment on the quality...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #7822
Life and times of...

[QUOTE=Fantasysci5;601610]Not sure where to post this, so I'll post this here.

Louie has written a book and put it up on Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20 Is Louie's real name not Louie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I just thought I'd share, although I can not comment on the quality...
If you got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing?

Also, dedication to the troops? I'd rather a dedication to the troupes...

Sorry, my harsh, merciless criticism ends here

So... What's that about? I had a bit of a hard time figuring it out from there

(Edit): Why doesn't that first quote tag work?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #7823
Stalker of Britain

Up-Yep, that's not his real name, he goes by his middle name, as do I. *gasp Katie isn't her real name, either?!*

It's not that I want to say something bad about it, it's just not my cup of tea, so it may not be your's.

The book is a fantasy world he made up, kind of inspired by Skyrim. It's about a boy from our world getting transported to another fantasy world, where he teams up with a local to overcome challenges and eventually get back home a man.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #7824
tsa
Playing character

You English/Americans have such weird ways of saying things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
A boy enters Masgrad and enjoys horrible experiences.
Enjoys horrible experiences?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #7825
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Sometimes it's just so sad when you know that somebody you see, you'll never see again. I mean random people, passers-by...

What I mean is, I was coming home in a tram, and a bit before my stop I suddenly noticed a really beautiful girl who had just come in and who also looked at me. And somehow she seemed a little lonely (and, lo behold, so did I). And then I had to leave and she didn't. And so she went her way in that tram, and I was there in the sleet and the dark and walked home alone.

And I was left thinking about her eyes, and the fact that I'll never see her again.
Isn't that what Craigslist missed connections is for?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #7826
Stalker of Britain

Okay, new link (book now with pictures his friend did) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20

Tsa-That's just Louie. He thinks the guy "enjoys" them, because they help turn him into a man.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #7827
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
(Edit): Why doesn't that first quote tag work?
Because there's no end tag for it?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 02-24-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Tested quoting
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #7828
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Because there's no end tag for it?
There was...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Isn't that what Craigslist missed connections is for?

Honestly, I've never even seen Craigslist. I've heard of it, of course. And to continue the serious answer to a probably joking post, I doubt it's used in Finland at all...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #7829
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
There was...

Honestly, I've never even seen Craigslist. I've heard of it, of course. And to continue the serious answer to a probably joking post, I doubt it's used in Finland at all...

Thou art mistaken

Personally, I only ever read the Best of Craigslist. Always good for a laugh. I like the one with the guy selling a bike of which he has forgotten basically all details...which is understandable, considering that the bike is buried in snow and only the handlebar is sticking out. At the end of the offer it says "P.s.: Bring a shovel".

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #7830
Stalker of Britain

I'm so excited! Louie brought me a surprise home...a cat!!

I've been wanting a cat for a long time after Max died, but with being in school, etc etc, it just didn't seem likely. But Louie's friend was going to get rid of him, and he surprised me!! He was originally called Needy Pete, but I think I'm going to call him Chester (after the cat in Howliday Inn and tv show "Soap").

He's about 4 years old (what friend says), a black and white like Max used to be. He's friendly, although understandably a little overwhelmed right now. He let me pet him, and I think he likes me!

His favorite spot right now is under the bed, although he's poked around, and is now laying in the hallway.

I really love him. <3

Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #7831
Lazy Bee

Aww that's a cute cat! I love his half moustache.
I always wanted a cat as well. But since one of our best friends is allergic it's out of the question.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #7832
tsa
Playing character

That's a sweet looking cat Fantasie. I must say I don't like cats as much as I used to anymore because they shit in my garden and chase my rabbits. But as some of you may remember, I tried to have a cat of my own for a few days years ago.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #7833
tsa
Playing character

This was in the news today. Translation by Google:
Quote:
Children focus havoc

In Groningen, six children from 8 to 16 years with a shovel wreaked havoc on a building site. A witness saw yesterday how a boy among others drove down fences. He then stuck on a bicycle. The youths then ran away.

A few hours later, police received several reports from motorists who saw the children and insulating bricks on the highway threw. According to the police that resulted in life threatening situations. "There are miraculously no accidents happened."

The police were six children in the collar grab. Afterwards the boys were also responsible for the havoc with the shovel.

The damage amounts to almost 40,000 euros. That amount is likely to fall on the parents. The havoc on the construction site may not be the artisans at work.

The contractor of the construction project will make a declaration.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #7834
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm so excited! Louie brought me a surprise home...a cat!!

I've been wanting a cat for a long time after Max died, but with being in school, etc etc, it just didn't seem likely. But Louie's friend was going to get rid of him, and he surprised me!! He was originally called Needy Pete, but I think I'm going to call him Chester (after the cat in Howliday Inn and tv show "Soap").

He's about 4 years old (what friend says), a black and white like Max used to be. He's friendly, although understandably a little overwhelmed right now. He let me pet him, and I think he likes me!

His favorite spot right now is under the bed, although he's poked around, and is now laying in the hallway.

I really love him. <3

I audibly said "aawww", looking at those pictures.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #7835
It's Hard To Be Humble

I finished making a rock video today. 10 people have watched it. Somehow, I was hoping for something a wee bit bigger. I knew there wouldn't be... but somehow I'd hoped, just the same.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #7836
Lazy Bee

Can you put a link on here? There'll be a lot more than 10 viewers I promise you.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #7837
Game Creator Hobbyist

It's just been a few hours yet. People have to find their way there before they can watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Can you put a link on here? There'll be a lot more than 10 viewers I promise you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #7838
Filmfreak

Lee, I'm one of those 10 and I rather liked it.

Reminded me a bit of MysteryGuitarMan, with all those different frames...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #7839
kamikaze hummingbirds

Bit cheeky, perhaps, but...

Does anyone have any idea why my laptop might be running slow? I'm running Windows 7, and my computer boots up annoyingly slowly and occasionally draws to a snail's pace (usually, oddly enough, when browsing through files and folders for the first time - or opening Windows Media Player)... I've looked for a few solutions, and it still doesn't work!

Details of what measures I've taken.

1. Ran a ScanDisk
Pretty much no errors were found.

2. Virus / anti-spyware scan
Zilch found, might try it again though, to be honest.

3. Defrag
I didn't actually defragment the hard drive, as the analysis showed it was only 7% fragmented (not really worth it).

---

I'm pretty much stumped for ideas. Can any of you overlook the somewhat cheeky nature of this post (it's cause this is my most frequented forum, as an Internet community, you'll be preficient with computing!) and provide any advice?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #7840
tsa
Playing character

It isn't scanning for viruses is it? Anyway, it's probably doing something in the background. Start the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and click Task Manager. Then see which process takes the most processor time.