You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #7841
It's Hard To Be Humble

Jelena, Trumgottist, TimovieMan, thank you so much. I know the song isn't everyone's cup of tea (my bandmates were even a bit critical of it, but I suspect that's just because I didn't wait for them to put parts on for me), but I'm pretty happy with it, warts and all. Last I checked, there were 40 views, thought it's quite possible that that's as far as it will be going. That's alright, I guess. 40 hits in four days is a great start for a nobody like me. Though I might have hoped for more steep interest (of, likes, or comments) still, it's nice to know that (presumably) more people than I know personally are checking it out.

*HUGS EVERYONE*
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #7842
Stalker of Britain

You go, Lee!!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #7843
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
It isn't scanning for viruses is it? Anyway, it's probably doing something in the background. Start the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and click Task Manager. Then see which process takes the most processor time.
Did check that, but nothing really came up.
Thanks for the assistance though!

No idea what actually is up with it, but it doesn't seem to be causing any big problems - which is a big plus.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #7844
tsa
Playing character

It can still be the virus scanner because I/O takes a lot of time in which the computer can do nothing. You don't see that registered as processor time for some reason (I don't know that much about computers). So try to switch it off for a while and see if that makes a difference. I hate virus scanners with a passion and I always try to switch them off at work. At home I don't have them. Never had a virus in 20 years or so.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #7845
Lazy Bee

In other news, my dog Jaffa is going blind. We've noticed for quite some time now that she doesn't walk downstairs when the light are off in the basement. And in general she seems to have really bad eyesight in the dark. So after an examination at the vet's we learned she has some kind of eye disease which starts with not being able to see in the dark and then slowly or rapidly (one doesn't know) turns into complete blindness.
The vet told us that her sight deteriorates gradually and she'll get used to it and will manage fine at home with her sense of smell and hearing.
I just hope we get to bring her out to sea one more summer. She loves our boat and everything that comes with it.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #7846
It's Hard To Be Humble

Oh Jelena, I'm so sorry about your dog. *HUGS*
Old 03-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #7847
Freeware Co-ordinator

Sorry to hear about Jaffa Jelena, my thoughts are with you.

Lee, what you need is for someone to share your video on Facebook so it can go viral. Probably need someone with more of a following than me though. I've shared it anyway. Do you want me to point it out to a rock band I know? They only do covers at the moment and it's a bit lighter than their normal stuff but you never know.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #7848
Stalker of Britain

I'm so sorry to hear that Jelena.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #7849
It's Hard To Be Humble

Stepurhan: Good sir, you are probably right, as far as the viral thing. I don't mind people sharing the tune around. Obviously, I want the song to get as much exposure as possible. I'd like it even more if I could hear other people's versions of the song. That would make me quite happy, I think.

And as for heavy, yeah, my music tends to be pretty light, but not by design; I just don't get the opportunity to crank up an amp and really let loose too often. Hard to get heavy when you don't have a real drummer available and your sound is reproduced in relatively cheap headphones.

If someone wants to rock it up more, hey, more power to them.

At any rate, thank you very much, good sir. Much obliged.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #7850
tsa
Playing character

Poor Jaffa. She doesn't deserve that.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #7851
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm sorry to hear about that, Jelena.

If it is any consolation, when Cora's eye was removed, we were suprised how very quickly she got used to it, like turning her her head farther and things like this.

I am sure Jaffa will be alright too. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed you will be able to enjoy her company for quite some more time.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #7852
Filmfreak

Sorry to hear that about Jaffa, Jelena...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #7853
tsa
Playing character

Happy ∏ day guys!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #7854
Stalker of Britain

Thanks tsa!

The psychology department at my college, which is what my major is, celebrated by having a fundraiser of throwing pies at professors and students alike. Pay a dollar to pie a professor, although only two professors volunteered. Lots of popular students volunteered to be pied as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #7855
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post

If someone wants to rock it up more, hey, more power to them.

At any rate, thank you very much, good sir. Much obliged.
Don't you worry about that Lee, I have some ideas!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #7856
Filmfreak

I picked a bad day to check out the prologue to Mass Effect 3. I wasn't even supposed to play it yet (still have a small bit to go to complete my ME2 save), but I was curious.

A kid dies in the prologue, sort of as a shocker opening for the game (like your own character's death was in ME2). But watching that on the same day as that tragic bus accident in Switzerland that's got my entire country in its grip... it kinda hit me harder than I'd expected.

If the prologue to the game is already capable of making me shed a tear, then ME3 is going to be an intense experience...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #7857
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
But watching that on the same day as that tragic bus accident in Switzerland that's got my entire country in its grip... it kinda hit me harder than I'd expected.
My thought are with the Belgian and Dutch families who lost children and other family members in the bus accident. So sad.
Being a parent with children who travel the world now and then (my son's is currently in Costa Rica and my daughter came home from India about three weeks ago) I have to say it's one of my, if not the biggest fear that something should happen to them while being far away. I also know the anticipation I feel when they're on their way home and the joy when the family is reunited. My heart is aching so for the families who aren't getting their children back home.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #7858
Stalker of Britain

That is bad timing, Tim.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #7859
tsa
Playing character

Happy international sleeping day folks!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #7860
Lazy Bee

Eh...you mean I could have honoured this day and sleep in instead of getting up early.