You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #341
Lovable rogue

The one where you were in the process of giving birth to her?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #342
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
What picture did I "send out" to one of the forum mates of my daughter?
Hey Bulldog, 'twas a picture the last person who messed with your daughter.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #343
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
The one where you were in the process of giving birth to her?
No, numb nuts ...... it was a specific picture of my daughter that went out. If the impostor is who I think "he" is then I will have the answer.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #344
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
Hey Bulldog, 'twas a picture the last person who messed with your daughter.
nope wrong again.....

Old 10-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #345
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
nope wrong again.....
If The Imposter wants to remain anomymous he wouldn't give you the right answer BD
Old 10-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #346
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
If The Imposter wants to remain anomymous he wouldn't give you the right answer BD
Precisely. Shall I go on?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #347
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impostor
Precisely. Shall I go on?
Oh, well fellas …… thanks for playing our game anyway.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #348
Lovable rogue

I still think it looks like you're crowning in this picture...

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #349
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I still think it looks like you're crowning in this picture...
no you silly boy..... that can't be me.....I had a c-section

Old 10-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #350
Lazy Bee

Dear AGCB

I'm really tired and would have gone to bed this minute if I hadn't promised to pick my son up after a combined (indoor) football tournament/disco. We agreed on 00.15 and there's still 45 minutes until I have to go. I decided sitting by the computer would keep me awake better than if I was to watch TV.
Outside it's really windy, almost a storm which makes it extra cosy to sit inside with only a few lights on. Hubby dear came home tonight after yet another week away. As it seems right now he'll be home next week. That would be the first time in months to have him at home during a normal week. I'm starting to feel like a single mum who has a "special friend" over the week ends.
Ah well, all is well. The weeks go by so fast it feels like Monday, Friday, Monday, Friday.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #351
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Dear AGCB

I'm really tired and would have gone to bed this minute if I hadn't promised to pick my son up after a combined (indoor) football tournament/disco. We agreed on 00.15 and there's still 45 minutes until I have to go. I decided sitting by the computer would keep me awake better than if I was to watch TV.
Outside it's really windy, almost a storm which makes it extra cosy to sit inside with only a few lights on. Hubby dear came home tonight after yet another week away. As it seems right now he'll be home next week. That would be the first time in months to have him at home during a normal week. I'm starting to feel like a single mum who has a "special friend" over the week ends.
Ah well, all is well. The weeks go by so fast it feels like Monday, Friday, Monday, Friday.

I sorry about your hubby..... you could pretend he is a "special friend" when you talk on the phone . But I know you will enjoy the time that your dear hubby is home.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #352
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Dear diary,

why is moving always so hard?
I'm moving tomorrow to my first real own apartment in the city, no more living in the suburbs at home in my parents house.
I love the new place, when I saw it for the first time, I immediately heard a voice in my head say, "this place is meant for you, take it!" and oh man, I sure did take it.

It's insane to see how much crap one person can gather around himself, I've thrown so much useless stuff away in the recent days. I piled up all my games and now that I have really thought about it, I'm only going to keep my LucasArts adventures and about 10 other selected pc games, everything else that I have for pc and various other formats is going to go to sale at a finnish auction site and also ebay. I said that I'd sell games earlier, but I've been busy and lazy, really lazy.

Now more than ever I'm going to have need for some extra cash that I get from these games, it's not going to be cheap living alone in the centre of the city.

I was a bit depressed some days ago when I though about two years ago, I was working for one whole year and I SHOULD have lots of money saved from that time, but almost everything is gone. I bought so much stuff that I don't need. When you have too much money, you go insane with spending it all. That's what happened to me.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #353
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I should tell you that I do actually read entries written by your other friends, and I sometimes suspect that you would not miss me if I didn't come around anymore, because you doubtless have lots of people to keep you company anyway.

That said, I figured I should mention that life around here is slowly starting to equalize and balance out again. Not ideally, and I'm still not certain how things will be when it's all finished sorting itself out. But I'm still trying to make ends meet here, paying bills, doing my job, spending time with my wife, finding time for friends when I can, and generally just trying to make my life make sense.

Thoughts about special friends haven't left me. I'm just trying to keep my time oriented more towards taking care of things around here, mending fences and setting minds and hearts at ease. It's a slow, sometimes very painful process, and I often wonder if I'm going to come out of it okay. But I'm still here.

Hope you are doing well.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #354
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo
It's a slow, sometimes very painful process, and I often wonder if I'm going to come out of it okay. But I'm still here.

Dear Lee,

I am not sure of the things that you have going on…. But if you left we all would miss you. You’re a funny guy and I like reading your stuff. I know mending any kind of fence is a hard road, but no matter what the out come you will be better for it, and you will be okay……. And all of us will still be here.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #355
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I see I'm not alone.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #356
It's Hard To Be Humble

Bulldog: Thank you for your very kind words, dear lady.

Squinky: Do I even have to tell you anything, at this point? Perhaps not, but I thank you nevertheless.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #357
Creepy Father Figure

Hey Lee!!

Glad to see things are slowly normalizing. Keep your head up and your hair outta the bean dip bro!

Keep your stick on the ice. We're all pulling for ya.
Red Green
Old 10-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #358
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Hi AG,

I'm busy watching my dying harddrive getting one last cleansing format. Perhaps this is like a blessing before the final exitus - if there's a heaven for harddrives, I expect, no, demand, it end up there.

I suppose I deserved it's crash, ultimately. I've been very neglectant of my PC, surfing the web instead with my laptop. All that has forced me to use my PC has been space issues, which I've - horrid as I am - been planning to circumvent by aquiring some NAS (network attached storage).

A lot of my dislike of using my PC comes from the crippled operating system. Windows 98 SE, whilst it served me well, just didn't deal with installs and deinstalls as well as its successors. And install and deinstall I did, often. Accordingly, it was little else but junk, occasionally booted to download photos from my digital camera, make a copy of my eMails, or other such inconsequential things. Thus, I neglected it a lot.

A few days ago, alas, it died a miserable death on me when it found out I was backing up my files. As I tried to empty my recycle bin, the system hung and came to a standstill, and a reboot left me staring at the active light of my harddrive, waiting for the found boot record to, well, boot. No such luck.

Even so, my spite did not end here, and I took oppurtunity to amuse myself over the crash. There were no serious losses even if the data should proof unretrievable - most data was on a 120 GB harddrive which read and wrote fine. All that was potentially amiss were Outlook folders and a couple of photos, and perhaps the odd file here and there.

As a means of storing an ersatz OS, I ordered a 2 GB drive from eBay for 3.50 EUR (that's about five dollars), which arrived two days ago, first missed, then delivered a second time by the post office - that was yesterday. Today, we gingerly removed the 120 GB drive and installed the 2 GB drive.

And after installing Windows 98 SE on it, I came to see the error of my ways. Where previously, no operating system tried** (Ubuntu, MS-DOS) or tool (even Maxtor's own harddrive analyser told me to give up), had been able to give me a directory listing of my broken drive or diagnose it healthy enough to do so, but Windows 98 SE did not give a moment's hesitation. Even I, who normally does not doubt Windows, was surprised at this flexibility - and my joy was great when I found the files I'd wanted to back up, and moved them to the new drive.

On this last journey, Chrome and Charcoal, be blessed.*
4.45 MB in bad sectors.
Amen.

- Neike Taika-Tessaro

* Chrome was the name of the C: partition, which was most affected by the crash, and Charcoal was the name of the E: partition, which was unscathed.
** For fairness sakes, let it be noted that they were using RAMDISK for storage, and thus minimalist incarnations of themselves... well, Ubuntu, anyway, MS-DOS is already minimalist...
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™

Last edited by pinkgothic; 10-28-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #359
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Who else could write such an eloquent and compelling exposition on what could essentially be boiled down to: "My hard-drive died, but I found a way to back some stuff up."?

Happy Birthday, Ms. Hyphen.

Last edited by The Impostor; 10-28-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Birthday bit and type-o
Old 10-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #360
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
Who else could write such an eloquent and compelling exposition on what could essentially be boiled down to: "My hard-drive died, but I found a way to back some stuff up."?
I was never good at summarising my thoughts.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™