You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #141
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Dear AGCBâ„¢,

Nothing. Precisely nothing.

That's how much interest I have in doing pretty much anything at the moment. I'd play a game, but I don't feel like it. I'd read a book, but I don't feel like it. I don't feel like watching a film (and it's getting too late for that). I'd chat with a friend on MSN, but I just don't feel like talking to any of the ones that are actually online (much to their relief, I'd wager).

At this point - and given that it's 0030 - I'm tempted to go to bed. But you guessed it... I don't feel like.

There's not much that I feel like doing. Except for post unnecessary, self-indulgent complaints on community blogs, it would appear.

Over and I can't be bothered,

RPTWL
Hey how much does a prostitute cost in England? We really need to get a collection together and send Robsie post haste.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #142
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'll pass on that particular suggestion, thanks.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #143
Lovable rogue

Robsie has enough problems without adding herpes to that list.

I don't understand why anyone would ever pay for sex anyway.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #144
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Robsie has enough problems without adding herpes to that list.
Too true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
I don't understand why anyone would ever pay for sex anyway.
Because it's cheaper in the long run and you get exactly what you want.

However...
Paying for sex is also like using an extensive walk-through in a game before you've even tried solving the puzzles on your own: There's no challenge involved, and you get no sense of pride or accomplishment afterwards.

Share the love.

<3
Old 10-07-2006, 04:41 AM   #145
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Too true!

Because it's cheaper in the long run and you get exactly what you want.

However...
Paying for sex is also like using an extensive walk-through in a game before you've even tried solving the puzzles on your own: There's no challenge involved, and you get no sense of pride or accomplishment afterwards.

I just want him to have some stress relief
Old 10-07-2006, 05:15 AM   #146
Lovable rogue

It's my anniversary! - That's right, I've been an AG forumite for a whole year! Doesn't the time just fly?

That aside, I'm back to write a little update on my activities. I realised I quite liked doing this, and tried to figure out why. I think it's a combination of several things. The fact I quite like to gossip about things, and this way I can reach a far wider audience than just telling my friends, the fact that I rarely get to express myself in the written form, which I quite enjoy, and lastly, that with more complicated issues, accurately writing them down forces me to explore them more, which is fairly therapeutic.

Now, on with the news. I went out for a meal last night with twenty or so people from my new group of gay friends. The "restaurant" was more like a pub, and the food was mediocre - hardly the haute cuisine I'm used to. We had to order from a "set menu", not something I'm familiar with. I went for the grilled chicken breast, you can't really go wrong with chicken. I wasn't expecting much when you're getting two courses for the grand price of £12. I suppose it was one of those things I can add to my list of experiences.
The company was good however, and that was the important thing really. Lots of laughing, and I am a man who likes to laugh.

After the meal we went to a couple of bars, one in which I rediscovered my previously waning fear of lesbians. The group thinned out after that, and the remainder of us headed to a very strange gay club. The word dive comes to mind, from the decor one might think the look was intentional, but a quick glance at the lavatories would have you rethinking that assessment.
The interior was made to look like you were inside some sort of a cavern, and the dance floor was a pit at one end into which you had to descend via a metal staircase.
I had quite a fun time there, the music was good & the drinks were reasonably priced. Of the three gay clubs I have visited, I think I'd put that one at number two. It wasn't the best looking place, but it had a nice atmosphere. I didn't really drink that much last night, and left probably around 1:30am.

I went shopping earlier in the week and had a nightmarish time. I was all ready to get a new wardrobe and there was just so little choice, it was annoying. I walked away with three measly items. The main cause of my nightmare wasn't the lack of choice though, it was the people, I hate people. I remembered why I seldom go out, every single person that day irritated me. I could moan about them for hours, but I won't - much to your relief I'm sure.

I got a text message this morning from Eric, asking if I want to go out to a club tonight, and I'm in two minds about it. Part of me would like to go out, but another part has apprehensions. If I say yes, I don't want to give him the wrong impression, and if it's just the two of us going then I'll be stuck with him the whole time with no diversions. Plus we're going to the club that ranks third on my list, out of three, so it might not be that fun.
I need to think about it a while longer.

Well that's about all really, If I've missed anything I'll amend this later, I need food now.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-07-2006, 06:33 AM   #147
Creepy Father Figure

HEEYYY Jat!
Stop over thinking things!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #148
Lovable rogue

I'm an intellectual, I like to think.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:04 AM   #149
Creepy Father Figure

Doesn't hurt to be intellectual dear Jat. What I mean is sometimes you have to turn off the brain and go. You know 'Full speed ahead and damn the consequenses!' type thing. Was not ment to offend my English friend
Old 10-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #150
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I'm an intellectual, I like to think.
Hot. You know how I love thinkers.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #151
Creepy Father Figure

An intellectual with an accent? Run Jat Runnnnn!!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #152
merely human

Remind me to give you a panning later.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #153
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Hot. You know how I love thinkers.
Thanks, hon.

Have a pressie:

Old 10-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #154
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

* Double checks this thread is in chit chat *

*phew* Safe.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 10-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #155
capsized.

Dammit agcb,

I lost

a billion of games...
a gazillion of savegames...
a crapzillion of NWN characters...
a shitzillion of AGS stuff
a quadrupillion (don't ask!) of other precious personal data...
my entire ICQ history of the last 4 or so years...
half my disc space...
and thus essentially about 45.98% of my life...

in a hard disk crash today. Here's hoping the thing can be saved somehow, but it doesn't get recognized anymore at the start up at all. IBM sucks. The world sucks. Shoot me now.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #156
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Sorry to hear about that, sam .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #157
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Dammit agcb,

I lost

a billion of games...
a gazillion of savegames...
a crapzillion of NWN characters...
a shitzillion of AGS stuff
a quadrupillion (don't ask!) of other precious personal data...
my entire ICQ history of the last 4 or so years...
half my disc space...
and thus essentially about 45.98% of my life...

in a hard disk crash today. Here's hoping the thing can be saved somehow, but it doesn't get recognized anymore at the start up at all. IBM sucks. The world sucks. Shoot me now.

See if yopu can get Knoppix and recover your files. It will work if the HD is still functional.
Knoppix
And I'm sooo sad about you losing your NWN files, that's a tragedy
Old 10-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #158
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Sorry to hear about that, sam .

Sounds a lot like your post from yesterday in tone, doesn't it? rlpw, I didn't get any access to to the drive at all. I was sitting there, and suddenly the hard drive made the sound it makes when you power the computer up about five times in a row and then... nothing. Explorer froze, I initiated a reset and it didn't show up in the bios anymore. Since it was also the drive I had my OS installed on, it took a while to get the whole thing functional again.

Sucks pretty much if it's indeed dead, since both of the drives I'm using have only 40 gigs, and there's only 12 gigs free now on the one that still works.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #159
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Sounds a lot like your post from yesterday in tone, doesn't it? rlpw, I didn't get any access to to the drive at all. I was sitting there, and suddenly the hard drive made the sound it makes when you power the computer up about five times in a row and then... nothing. Explorer froze, I initiated a reset and it didn't show up in the bios anymore. Since it was also the drive I had my OS installed on, it took a while to get the whole thing functional again.

Sucks pretty much if it's indeed dead, since both of the drives I'm using have only 40 gigs, and there's only 12 gigs free now on the one that still works.
That Knoppix is a live CD Linux and it will run off the CD with no need for your hard drive. But if it did what you said it might have messed up badly. Could you put the hard drive in slave mode and see if you can see any files? What am I talking about you folks are more Savvy about this stuff tham I am
Old 10-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #160
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
What am I talking about you folks are more Savvy about this stuff tham I am

.... or are we? I think I'll try a bit more of that stuff tomorrow, it's already 2 a.m. and weariness is slowly kicking in. Or, to put it in another person's words

Quote:
There's not much that I feel like doing. Except for post unnecessary, self-indulgent complaints on community blogs, it would appear.