You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #361
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post
I was never good at summarising my thoughts.
I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate on that.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #362
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate on that.
Assuming you're joking in a punning fashion, I'll elaborate anyway.

I rarely find the short and simple way to say something. It spawns, I think, from that I enjoy the english language far too much, and want to prolong its use; but ultimately, I'm not sure. Fact is that, especially on forums, I'll often write long essays about a subject, and someone will respond saying the same thing far more aptly in one or two easily digestable sentences.

I'm not really terribly bothered by this effect, mind, but I do consider it a flaw.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #363
capsized.

Quote:
if there's a heaven for harddrives, I expect, no, demand, it end up there.

I suppose I deserved it's crash, ultimately.

* Dèjá vue...*
Old 10-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #364
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Assuming you're joking in a punning fashion, I'll elaborate anyway.

I rarely find the short and simple way to say something. It spawns, I think, from that I enjoy the english language far too much, and want to prolong its use; but ultimately, I'm not sure. Fact is that, especially on forums, I'll often write long essays about a subject, and someone will respond saying the same thing far more aptly in one or two easily digestable sentences.

I'm not really terribly bothered by this effect, mind, but I do consider it a flaw.

Auf dem Gegenteil.* I thought it was a good summation of your thoughts. Who wants to read "My hard-drive died, but I found a way to back some stuff up.", after all? That aside, I relate very strongly to that. Whenever I try to explain something, I start pushing a two-paragraph-plus wall of prose through trying to factor in every element, and wasting precious breath on context above all; and this is especially a problem when writing to people you don't particularly know, leading to an abundance of "Excuse the length" warnings. I consider this trait in me a flaw, but with you I say: Long live your pen and resist the editor.

*Entschuldigen Sie bitte meinen ungenauen deutschen Roboter.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #365
Lazy Bee

Dear AGCB
First of all. I'm writing this in bed on Christer's laptop. I've never used a laptop before and as much as I like the idea of sitting here with a couple of comfy pillows behind my back it's really tricky to navigate the forum without a mouse.
That's not why I write though.

I wanted to tell you about something that happened today. I started feeling this urge to play the piano, something I haven't felt in years. I think my subconscious mind started to think about it after the discussion with Trumgottist, Mory, Spider and some others about different experiences of music. Spider wrote something about the great feeling of playing a piece of music when everything is just perfect and the fingers are where they're supposed to be on the keyboard.

So today I sat down for the first time in years and played some Chopin and Beethoven. I was amazed how I remembered the feelings I had when actually studying those pieces of music.
The exact emotions when playing certain bars came back. I wonder how the human brain works. Really! I have trouble remembering a lot of things like names and appointments (if it's not written down it doesn't exist) And here I'm able to recall how I felt when learning a number of tricky bars about 20 years ago.
Anyway....I'm just going to recieve this gift. It's like a long lost friend has come back to me.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #366
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I went for a walk tonight with two of my most favourite people in the world and had a long and frank if convoluted discussion about myself and my feelings for them. A lot was said. Not everything, but a lot. There seemed to be a lot of understanding and patience. It was good. I'm so glad to have seen those two together again. I've missed that. But man do I ever talk a lot. One and a half hours later, and I was probably quiet for a total of ten minutes of it.

Afterwards, I went grocery shopping with my darling wife, and we stocked up on much needed supplies. We also got a bouquet of flowers for Dawn to arrange into a very nice vase arrangement. She has a very good eye and some skill at this. It seems to have cheered her up considerably.

More later, perhaps.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #367
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Dear Adventure Gamers Community Blog,

I went to a pub this afternoon with my one of my favourite game designers in the world, her husband, and a friend of hers. We talked about games (really, what do you expect?) and although I was quiet at first, I gradually got louder and louder and even ended up making a really funny Chris Crawford joke. It was great times.

Man, I'm really going to miss it here once I have to leave.

Avec Amour,
Squinky
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #368
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

When I read Squinky's posts about the cool things she gets to do at work, I have three distinct feelings:
1) Happiness for Squinky
2) Envy for Squinky's good fortunes
and 3) Envy for whomever gets to put a smile on Squinky's face.

Does this make me a bad person?

luv,

Lee.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:57 AM   #369
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post

Does this make me a bad person?
no, thats kind of cute.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #370
Unreliable Narrator

Dear Luverly,

For what it's worth, Squinky is extremely envious of your long walks at night with your friends, especially considering that her long walks at night tend to be spent talking to imaginary friends. Which are fascinating in and of themselves, of course, but still not quite the same.

<3,
AGCB
Old 10-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #371
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Squinky:

One fine day, I will be taking you for those long walks, too. And I'll make up for all the walks you had to take alone while we're at it. *nods*

Dear Aggie:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. *hugs*

wuv,
Old 10-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #372
Creepy Father Figure

Dear Ag
Please stop those 2 from being so darn cute

No what I really came here to say is I have been under a lot of stress here lately and finally went to the place where I can find solace, the forests of Land Between the lakes.
Mrs R finally talked me into getting out of my slump and getting out for a while. I have been on a low cycle here that last 2 weeks and she really didn't want to have to kill me in my sleep.
We took the drive (about 1 1/2 hours) up to the lake to see fall foliage before this darn wind we've been having strips all the leaves. There are 4 smaller lakes inside LBL and if I'm not mistaken Hemitite Lake where we went (named for all the hemitite, puddingstone, and loadstone in the hills) is older than the larger lakes and is power boat free. It was left for a water bird oasis and for wildlife education. We went on the trail around the lake but couldn't finish it due to a youth hunt going on and will not be able to go back for all the hunters in there during early November.
Tell you folks it was all I could do to keep from running around like a Satyr playing in the woods. I keep forgetting how much I connect whith the world through the boughs of branches.
Well, Here is a picture of the erea. I will not spam up all the pics but you can see them at this link rlpw pics

Last edited by rlpw; 10-30-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #373
Second Degree Black Belt

Nice pics RLPW. That reminds me of Canton,Ga. in the fall. I sorry you have been in a slump lately.... if you need something just give us a yell.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #374
Lazy Bee

rlpw
Those are beautiful pictures! I get my strength back through walking in the forest on almost a daily basis. But my forests aren't by far as beautiful as your LBL. It's mostly pine- and fir trees. Still I love the fresh air, the scent and the stillness.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #375
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Nice pics RLPW. That reminds me of Canton,Ga. in the fall. I sorry you have been in a slump lately.... if you need something just give us a yell.
Thank you BD. Don't worry when I get in a rut Mrs R just kicks me out of the house and points me where she knows I want to go but will not admit it. She's very talented like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
rlpw
Those are beautiful pictures! I get my strength back through walking in the forest on almost a daily basis. But my forests aren't by far as beautiful as your LBL. It's mostly pine- and fir trees. Still I love the fresh air, the scent and the stillness.
Thank you Jelena
But I must confess that Mrs R took all but the ones of Hematite Dam. She wouldn't climb down there where I took them, she's not that dumb
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #376
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I went to a pub this afternoon with my one of my favourite game designers in the world, her husband, and a friend of hers. We talked about games (really, what do you expect?) and although I was quiet at first, I gradually got louder and louder and even ended up making a really funny Chris Crawford joke. It was great times.

Damn, I hope that if Squinks ever gets as famous and cool and filthy rich as these people, she won't forget her good, old internet buddies.

Dear AGCB,

All foggy this morning. I like that. rlpw's pictures reminded me that a walk in the woods would be awesome. They're just a few metres away, too. The weather forecast announced snow for this weekend, the strawberry milk tastes as nice as always. This is samIamsad, last survivor of the Nostromo,
signing off.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:43 AM   #377
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Damn, I hope that if Squinks ever gets as famous and cool and filthy rich as these people, she won't forget her good, old internet buddies.
Filthy rich? Well, the Bay Area is ridiculously expensive, and Telltale's such a small company, so I wouldn't say the game designers live like kings or anything like that. But I can still hope for famous and cool, can't I?

Either way, I never forget my internet buddies. I still remember internet buddies I had from as early as seven years ago, after all.

I should probably mention that I went to yet another bar tonight, this time with a bunch more people from Telltale. A little Sam & Max release-related party-like thing. Again, it was tons of fun. I love those folks.

Turrah for now,
Squinky
Old 10-31-2006, 01:56 AM   #378
Lazy Bee

I see your sex change op was successful at last Squiky. Cute goatee
Old 10-31-2006, 02:22 AM   #379
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Well, the Bay Area is ridiculously expensive, and Telltale's such a small company, so I wouldn't say the game designers live like kings or anything like that.
Where *do* you actually live, if I may boldly ask? I mean, are you renting something or living with roommates or something? And how did you manage to arrange it that quickly?

--Erwin
Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 AM   #380
kamikaze hummingbirds

< is starting to think that perhaps edwin br is a second profile for lee in limbo.