You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #3261
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Congrats on that.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #3262
kamikaze hummingbirds

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #3263
Stalker of Britain

haha Thanks guys. It's not offical or anything yet, just in debate.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #3264
Second Degree Black Belt

Sounds great Fantasysci5

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #3265
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Okay, I am fuming.

Someone somehow got a hold of my credit card number a few days ago, and has been going wild with my money these last few days. They could only get my Giro account into the Minus, while my actual money is in my Savings account, which can't be directly accessed with any kind of card, but requires you to transfer the money to the Giro account. Still the Giro account is now about 800 Euro in the minus.

I had been getting worried when I discovered I couldn't pay my kangaroo steak with my card in Berlin today. And I didn't have enough money to pay it the traditional way, but luckily my sister came and paid for me, so I was able to still catch my train home. But I never anticipated that it would be *this* bad.

I'm going to have to call my bank tomorrow, tell them I didn't do those purchases. They're way over two hundred each time, and since I avoid even buying things over 100, or 50 Euros most of the time, I hope the bank will understand it wasn't me.

Still, this really put a dent in my good mood. I wish I would meet those bastards who did this, so I can cut their still beating hearts out of their chest and rub it on their clothes so they get those nasty, hard to wash out blood stains on their clothing.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #3266
Stalker of Britain

Thanks guys. It's become official, Jackal just has to do it. lol Not sure what I'll be doing on the main site, but I'm excited!

EDIT: And I'm so sorry, Jaz.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #3267
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Chick,

That sucks, but banks tend to be pretty good about this stuff because it's - sadly - increasingly common. I had to report some stuff to the building society that I use, and they dealt with it very efficiently. I hope you enjoy similar luck .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #3268
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I wish I would meet those bastards who did this, so I can cut their still beating hearts out of their chest and rub it on their clothes so they get those nasty, hard to wash out blood stains on their clothing.
Let me hand you the knife my child.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #3269
Creepy Father Figure

why don't you just put them on a slow roast Jazzie. on a spit..... about 180 F that way they can enjoy the searing and there brain doesn't come to a boil.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #3270
Creepy Father Figure

It is a sad day. There has been a shooting with 2 dead at Texas A&M University.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #3271
Second Degree Black Belt

That is so bab Jaz. it has happened to me twice.... The first time it was about $1500 the next time the cedit card company called and asked if we made the purchase. Thankfully that account was closed and everything was handeled. I know how you fill honey.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-07-2009, 02:15 AM   #3272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Let me hand you the knife my child.

I hope the knife is suitably blunt, to achieve top performances in the pain range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
why don't you just put them on a slow roast Jazzie. on a spit..... about 180 F that way they can enjoy the searing and there brain doesn't come to a boil.
Hmm, that sounds good to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Chick,

That sucks, but banks tend to be pretty good about this stuff because it's - sadly - increasingly common. I had to report some stuff to the building society that I use, and they dealt with it very efficiently. I hope you enjoy similar luck .

I did indeed have luck. I called this morning, and they said they'll send it to the Billing department (I think that's the right department). Additionally, I should send a letter to them in which I tell them I didn't make those purchases, along with my signature, and they will take care of everything. Also, I've already had my credit card blocked yesterday evening. Now I only have to wonder where they got my credit card number from. The most likely thing would be that some store homepage got hacked, because they were buying things using the number on the Internet, as my credit card is still in my wallet.

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone. I really don't know what I would do without you. *hugs*

-

Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 AM   #3273
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Okay, I am fuming.

Someone somehow got a hold of my credit card number a few days ago, and has been going wild with my money these last few days. They could only get my Giro account into the Minus, while my actual money is in my Savings account, which can't be directly accessed with any kind of card, but requires you to transfer the money to the Giro account. Still the Giro account is now about 800 Euro in the minus.

I had been getting worried when I discovered I couldn't pay my kangaroo steak with my card in Berlin today. And I didn't have enough money to pay it the traditional way, but luckily my sister came and paid for me, so I was able to still catch my train home. But I never anticipated that it would be *this* bad.

I'm going to have to call my bank tomorrow, tell them I didn't do those purchases. They're way over two hundred each time, and since I avoid even buying things over 100, or 50 Euros most of the time, I hope the bank will understand it wasn't me.

Still, this really put a dent in my good mood. I wish I would meet those bastards who did this, so I can cut their still beating hearts out of their chest and rub it on their clothes so they get those nasty, hard to wash out blood stains on their clothing.
Oooh Jaz that is bad. My professor has dealt with the same thing twice. It took a very long time and was very annoying because although it was clear that the bank was at fault here, they wouldn't acknowledge that and acted stupidly for a long time. My advice is to prepare for the worst Jaz. Eventually you will get your money back but it can take a long time.

Edit: I just read you have the problem solved already. That's great. Congratulations Jaz!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #3274
Lazy Bee

Quote:
I hope the knife is suitably blunt, to achieve top performances in the pain range.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #3275
tsa
Playing character

Ah yuck ! Please just screw their heads off Jaz.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #3276
tsa
Playing character

In other news, two big things happened to Annabel today. She got the nails of her rear legs clipped, which was a bit of an ordeal to her. A friend of mine held her while I clipped the nails. After we were ready you saw her thing: "Hm, was that all? That wasn't as bad as I expected." At least I hope that was what she thought.
Later today she went outside on the grass for the first time. I'm not entirely sure she liked that a lot. It's still a bit cold outside, but the sun was shining and the weather was pretty good, so I put her in a fenced-off area of the grass and she looked and hopped around and nibbled on the grass for about two hours. Meanwhile I planted a few new plants in the garden. She kept begging for attention though, and when I went and sat inside her little 'meadow' she climbed onto my shoulder. She had never done that before. When it got colder because the sun went down she was happy to be taken inside again.

Interesting story, not?

Last edited by tsa; 03-07-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #3277
Stalker of Britain

Awww, tsa, your bunny sounds so cute!!! I wish I had a pet right now...
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #3278

Dear Aggie,

The Ocarina competition is finished, and the winners are out. The first thing I noticed was that the first place winner had a professional recording microphone, and purple clay ocarina that costs 215 $ (and that's the Sale price). That doesn't mean anything yet, as I myself have a purple clay ocarina, even if it's only a soprano, which has a sale price of 80 $ (and it comes with songbooks, too). And that she has a professional microphone doesn't automatically mean she does this professionally - even though the combination of both does point to that pretty much.

Anyway, then I scrolled down to look at the other winners...and then I realised that I never ever stood a chance. Why was I so sure? Well, because Almartino won *only* the third place. He's even playing one of his own compositions as the second part of his entry.

Don't get me wrong, I do not deny these people deserve to win the competition. But the people running the competition stated themselves that the youngest competitior was only 9 years old. And they can't deny they did not anticipate that - at least half, if not more, of their products are aimed at younger and non-professional players. Heck, they have written books for teaching yourself to play, which they sell in their store. They cannot claim that they could not realise that a large percentage of their entries would be by kids.

I am also not saying that these professionals shouldn't enter these competitions. But I think that STLOcarina people should maybe have made groups for different ages in which the different contestants would be judged. Because no one can claim that the way this was handled was not a tad unfair to the younger and non-professional contestants, as I'm pretty sure many had high hopes to win, going only by who put their video on the youtube group - which is something none of the winners did (though that's not their fault, as it was optional).

This was the first of these competitions ever held by STLOcarina, so at least I can hope they might change some things for any future competitions. As it is, I am not sure if I really want to enter one again, as I already know I don't stand a chance against a professional musician.

-

Old 03-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #3279
tsa
Playing character

What a pity Jaz. There is indeed a slight difference in quality between your entry and Almartino's. But you sure win in the 'cute' category!
Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #3280
Lazy Bee

Quote:
This was the first of these competitions ever held by STLOcarina, so at least I can hope they might change some things for any future competitions. As it is, I am not sure if I really want to enter one again, as I already know I don't stand a chance against a professional musician.
Of course you should enter again Jaz! If possible, look at this first competition as a learning experience and work on your own improvement. Taking part in a competition alongside professionals should inspire you more than make you want to quit, right!
And if possible again, forward your thoughts about age groups to the organizers of the competition. It's a very legitimate critique.

Thanks for sharing the video with Almartino. His performance was fantastic, specially his own composition.