You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #4261
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Just came back from one week visiting Thomas' parents. It was rather pleasant, though I'm glad to be back home too.

Also, there might be pictures soon. ^_^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #4262
kamikaze hummingbirds

Oi, Balrog!

Still waiting for a reply from my first choice university after almost a week... they didn't receive some of my results for some reason so I had to e-mail them to them. It's quite frustrating.

I've been accepted by my second choice though, so if all else fails...

-- Hammerite
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #4263
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Oi, Balrog!

Still waiting for a reply from my first choice university after almost a week... they didn't receive some of my results for some reason so I had to e-mail them to them. It's quite frustrating.

I've been accepted by my second choice though, so if all else fails...

-- Hammerite
Congrats. Good luck with the first choice.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #4264
kamikaze hummingbirds

Speak of the devil, it was just updated!

Unfortunately, my application to first choice was unsuccessful - but I'm cool with the second choice.

In other news, I had a very strange dream involving being in a house, where I hacked into a computer (Fallout 3 style), realised I was shit at using a gun, and had some fully-clothed sex.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #4265
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Speak of the devil, it was just updated!

Unfortunately, my application to first choice was unsuccessful - but I'm cool with the second choice.
Pity, but still congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie
In other news, I had a very strange dream involving being in a house, where I hacked into a computer (Fallout 3 style), realised I was shit at using a gun, and had some fully-clothed sex.
So you couldn't hit the guy and just decided to have sex with him instead? Did it kill him?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #4266
Stalker of Britain

Sorry Hammy dear. *hugs* At least you got into the 2nd choice!

And sounds like it's serious, Jaz. lol Just kidding.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #4267
tsa
Playing character

Hi Blogsie,

I had a nice sort of vacation during the past five days. First I went to my aunt and uncle in Zotermeer. We spent a day visiting Kinderdijk, a UNESCO World Heritage site where 19 windmills from the early 18th century that used to pump water out of one of our polders are preserved in their original state. An impressive feat of 18th century engineering! The mills are built on the lowest part of the polder. The water flows to the mills by gravity. The mills pump the water in a canal that eventually opens in a river. The mills kept the polder dry for over a hundred years until they were replaced by enormous steam- and later diesel pumps. But they were put back in service during the second world war, when fuel was scarce.
Next we went to the Biesbosch, a very wet and very beautiful nature reserve in the Netherlands. We fared around in a quiet boat in the area that is on the map. There are beavers there but we didn't see any, unfortunately.
The next day we went to museum Naturalis; a very beautiful museum about the Earth and all that grows and crawls, slithers and hops around on it and flies above it. If you are in the Netherlands and you are fed up with Van Gogh and Rembrandt you must go and see it. Herman the Bull, the first genetically modified mammal in the world, is also there. Stuffed, unfortunately. He is huge!
Yesterday we had a family day in a 'nature reserve' in the polder near Lelystad. They call it a nature reserve, but actually it is more like a zoo (the lady who showed us around was quite insulted when I called it that though). They have moose there, and otters, and more animals that they claim where walking around in the polder a long time ago. And here was I thinking that the polder was a sea before we got the water out of there. Anyway, we had a great day.
I will post some pictures of the above mentioned events later in the pictures thread, but I first have to sort them out, so be patient.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #4268
Creepy Father Figure

Sounds great tsa
Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #4269
Second Degree Black Belt

Oh I'm very happy for you Ham

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #4270

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I will post some pictures of the above mentioned events later in the pictures thread, but I first have to sort them out, so be patient.
I'm really looking forward to the pictures, especially the ones taken in the natural museum
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #4271
tsa
Playing character

I have to disappoint you then because I only took a few bad pictures there. I will post one or two anyway just for you then.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #4272
tsa
Playing character

I didn't even tell that I pulled the plug on my company last week. There was no interest whatsoever in my offerings. Pity, but life goes on. It's back to finding a job now. To be honest, i like that much better than the administrative hassle and the uncertainty of an own company.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #4273
the midnight rambler

I don't know much about it but how much interest do nano fabrication companies attract? Sorry if that company 'description' is a little off the mark, it's been a while since I visited your site!

Sorry to hear about that tsa. I don't think I could run my own company because life's complicated enough nevermind worrying about where the next sum of money is coming from!

I've been really busy sorting the refurbishments out for our house. It's a real headache getting everything done in the right order and none of it's really started yet!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 AM   #4274
Second Degree Black Belt

can't wait to see the pics tsa..... and I'm sorry to hear about your company.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #4275
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry, tsa.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #4276
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I didn't even tell that I pulled the plug on my company last week. There was no interest whatsoever in my offerings. Pity, but life goes on. It's back to finding a job now. To be honest, i like that much better than the administrative hassle and the uncertainty of an own company.
Aw balls, tsa, I'm sorry! I understand intimately how that feels, being a veteran laid off worker myself and not having any potential employers interested in me.

Chin up! You have the support of your buddies here, as well as your friends and family there. And you have mischievous rabbity thing to keep you busy and entertained. It'll just be a matter of time before we both find work again.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #4277
The Major Grubert.

Blogsie, I could go on about how much I hate my job and wish I could just run a flower or crepe stand somewhere, but the bottom-line is that I am still employed, and therefore can only offer my commisration at those laid-off. I wish you all good luck!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #4278
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Aw balls, tsa, I'm sorry! I understand intimately how that feels, being a veteran laid off worker myself and not having any potential employers interested in me.

Chin up! You have the support of your buddies here, as well as your friends and family there. And you have mischievous rabbity thing to keep you busy and entertained. It'll just be a matter of time before we both find work again.
Thanks Trep, for your kind words. You're a lovely sweet man. Don't worry, I'm not desparate yet .
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #4279
the midnight rambler

I can't imagine how tough it must be in the current climate assuming it's anything like it is over here job-wise. I was out of work claiming benefits a few years ago and after 7 months I was put on a 'Gateway to Work' course that did indeed land me my current job but the people who attended were really sorry sights. Some were only turning up to keep claiming benefits, some were so aloof or just plain dumb that I don't know who would've employed them. Of course there were a handful that were just unfortunate enough to not receive any interest from employers.

My girlfriend got very depressed while trying to get work as an illustrator and to this day never made it despite a 1st grade degree in it! She does bits of work here and there as a freelancer but can't make a living from it. It's amazing how the stigma of being unemployed and unproductive in itself gets people depressed never mind not having money to make ends meet. How long have you been out of work Trep?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #4280
Lazy Bee

Dear Blog!
I'm so exhausted after work nowadays due to putting almost all of my energy into it. I'm actually having a great time there, enjoying the classes I teach and also very much enjoying the co-workers I work with this year. But I seem to still have a hard time knowing when enough is enough.
This means I mostly read posts here on AG, but do not for instance contribute much to any discussion or express how beautiful I find the pictures over in the photo thread and the What do you look like-thread are.
Just so you know.