You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I'm not quitting... an open letter to my "critics"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Epinionated.

Default I'm not quitting... an open letter to my "critics"

I know a lot of people have been thinking...

"Wtf is up with SJH lately? He seems to be getting rude, aggressive... his sense of humour seems to have completely disappeared... this isn't the same guy who joined the forums!"

Well, no, in fact, it is. Ask Jackal. I came onto these forums a seething ball of rage thanks to the previous place I was hanging out at and spat it out in a ball of hyperbole and got warnings for it. In fact, I'm nearly ALWAYS getting into some kind of scrape or another. I'm an opinionated asshat. I'll be the first to admit that. But I'm also quite ready and willing to be proved wrong... and it's happened a ton of times. I'm not perfect, I'm as flawed as anyone else here.

But, I also like to think that I'm an ok person beyond what you see being typed on the screen. I understand some of you are getting a one-sided view of me right now, I understand some are actually concerned for me thinking I've flipped or are being affected by something outside of what you're reading here... well, no more or no less than anyone else.

I'm not asking for crits, and props, on this thread. TBH other than Mira and a few people I really respect and have grown to truly appreciate on this forum (I'd name names but you know who you are, and yeah, that includes some people who'd be suprised to know it) I honestly don't care how I come across. I run hot and cold across many different threads and topics. I can be your best mate or worst enemy.

You know what? I touch type. Sometimes the feelings runs straight into my fingers without thinking. You know something? I enjoy having that ability, and it doesn't reflect how I'm truly thinking on the other side of the screen. I'm not after winding people up, but it's very easy for me to put stuff down. I know there's the old dictum "think before you say something", but it's the best way for me and hell - some people think hard before posting something completely retarded anyway.

So? Seriously, deal with the fact I seem to have turned into Howard Stern lately. It's not always going to be that way. I'm not a nasty, evil nor one-sided master-debater. I don't go out of my way or intend to condescend. However, I'm not going to curtail my initial posts or feelings when I enter a thread. You can prove me wrong about my opinions of you or take me around to the other side and show me I'm being a dick like everyone else...

... but truth is, after saying all this, am I writing this about myself, or all of us?

Think on that a while...
Old 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I'm an opinionated asshat.
Crap, you beat me to it! I was gonna tell you that first!

(((((squaresie)))))
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Under pressure.

Man, I honestly don't share that image of yourself that you're describing. Opinionated? Not any more than the avarage regular on these forums. SJH, don't you dare to change!

--Erwin
Old 02-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Epinionated.

No-one read my witty pun. *snif*
Old 02-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
No-one read my witty pun. *snif*
I got it.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #6

Quote:
I know a lot of people have been thinking...

"Wtf is up with SJH lately? He seems to be getting rude, aggressive... his sense of humour seems to have completely disappeared... this isn't the same guy who joined the forums!"
Whuh?
Quote:
... but truth is, after saying all this, am I writing this about myself, or all of us?

Think on that a while...
Is that a rhetorical question?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
Aj_
Beyond Belief

How come SJH and SamNMax have a mysterious group of critics and I don't? Who, what, and where are these guys? I'd like to know who doesn't feel I'm worthy of criticism.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
merely human

You t3h suxx0rz, Aj_!!!

There, you feel better now?

Everyone, please enjoy a nice tall cool glass of chill. It's on me. Hope all will be well again.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
SamNMax have a mysterious group of critics
I've never noticed.

Anyway, I didn't think anyone was judging you. And if they were, it's not much of a big deal.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
How come SJH and SamNMax have a mysterious group of critics and I don't?
Because they hear voices the rest of us don't?

*runs*

ps I didn't get the pun. Can someone please enlighten me?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
I'm not a nasty, evil nor one-sided master-debater.
Not so subtle
Old 02-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

<-- lazy reader

(But it's not really a pun, so much as a play on words. )
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
merely human

I didn't get it because it was badly pun.

squaresie
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
Not so subtle
He's not one-sided? Does that mean that SJH master-debates openly with other people, instead of by himself with the door locked and the lights turned down?

For shame.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
He's not one-sided? Does that mean that SJH master-debates openly with other people, instead of by himself with the door locked and the lights turned down?
Yep. I've seen him do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
For shame.
Well, he's really good at it. Ya gotta respect that.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #16
merely human

He's also a very good master-dater. I mean, look who he managed to snag, bless her.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

SJH, I've known you for a few years now, beginning back at JA+. You are not a monolith - you have a many-sided personality. Sometimes you're funny, even goofy occasionally, extremely loyal to what you believe, fiercely defensive at times, but always intelligent. I can't think of (at least I don't recall) any serious disagreements with you, and while we may not always agree, I do respect you.

Lynsie
Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #18
Epinionated.

Little do all of you realise, I'm actually a highly intelligent monkey. With a bowler hat!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #19
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
How come SJH and SamNMax have a mysterious group of critics and I don't? Who, what, and where are these guys? I'd like to know who doesn't feel I'm worthy of criticism.
I'd criticize you, but you're a scary, intelligent guy.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #20
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Is that a rhetorical question?
You tell me, cos I can't remember.

My day's been cut short thanks to a dodgy stomach...