You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Pale blue skies through a teardrop: I am single again

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 02:51 AM   #41
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Hey trep, I'm very sorry to hear about the whole situation, I wish I could be there for people. My friend had problems with a guy that he loved and cared for so deerly, and one day he just left him for no good reason, no reason at all actually. Every since then I've been conforting him, me and him are very close now. Just don't worry about it, I know how it feels when your in love with this guy and you make each other feel like you're floating on clouds, sharing that emotional bond of love. But the feeling quickly turns around when one turns around and leaves you. Just hang in there. *hug*

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #42
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Hey Trep - I really sympathise with you - a break-up is hard at any time but during the Christmas period it seems to hit home a lot more

It's been 2 years for me but I still feel the pain at time like this

But Trep - you're a good guy, and you're resilient. It won't be long before you start to feel those "love pangs" again, and when you do I hope you make sure that He has a sister who is looking for a British loser
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #43
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'm sorry that I haven't said anything, but I hope you'll be ok Trep.

As I have been a member on this forum for quite many years, I know that you will come out of this situation stronger. Life is hard, but when the man in question is someone like Beiddie RafĂłl, I know that in the end you will find a bright future.

And about that San Fransisco moving part, I have to say: bravo!
It's just something that one could expect from a man who is as intelligent and strong as you. A lot of great AG members live in that area, so it feels like you already got a lot of friends there when you move there.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #44
merely human

Thank you, everyone.

big R and have finally settled this amicably. We listened to each other, agreed to disagree on some things, and have accepted that it was never meant to be. We do still share core qualities, and it's these qualities that should plant the seeds for a close friendship, albeit long distance. He gave me my Christmas gift early - a huge jug of Schmirnoff Vodka. When I opened it I smiled, and that's when he broke down and cried and said he never meant to hurt me and just wanted me to be happy, and fell over him with the tightest hug I ever gave anyone and told him it's okay, even though we weren't meant to be together I'll always love him. And he looked me in the eyes and said that despite our differences, the times here with me are among very best he's ever had, and that I really deserve better than him.

So it looks like I may be moving to San Francisco sooner than I thought. Lots to plan and prepare. Haven't talked to my best friend yet to let him know, but he has been wanting me to move there for years (he misses me terribly, just won't admit it ). He owns a condo in Oakland and I can stay with him til I get work and can get my own place. I may end up in Oakland (lots of affordable studio flats), but if I get lucky I can snag a place in the city (Oakland is just across the bay and the train system gets you into town in around 30-45 min.). I told big R he has to visit me once I'm all settled there, he said he seriously wants to, as he has never really been there because he doesn't know anyone there. He wants to drive me there for the move, but I've not yet decided if I'll fly, drive, take the train, or Greyhound (which I'm kinda leaning on 'cause I've never taken a bus trip before and out of all the options it's the cheapest).

It's gonna be all new again for me. Looking forward to the challenge and adventure.

@ eriq - Thank you for Madonna and the naked hunk. He's not quite my type but I wouldn't kick him out of bed, either, heh heh... I look forward to finally meeting you in person.

@ Voodsie - From one broken heart to another, hang in there. You are quite a beautiful man, not just physically, but from the inside out. Like me, it's ultimately a matter of coming to terms with fate, what is or isn't meant to be. Until you stumble on love again (and hopefully THE love), just try and enjoy your life and know that you at least knew what love was like and can lavish your passion and wisdom on your next love.

@ Dasilva - Thanks for the comfort. I've been through this before, but admittedly no amount of experience ever prepares you for it anyhow. It's my strength of conviction to try to feel as alive as I can that'll always carry me through.

@ Manstud - Thanks, buddy. I plan on being alone for a while. Just wanna work on creating a very stable new life for me. I've felt ungrounded now for far too long so it's what I want to focus on.

@ Kolzig - Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, I seriously plan on making S.F. my life's cradle and springboard from now on (with due respect for Chicago, which will always be my hometown).

Merry Christmas, every one.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #45
capsized.

I want to move to San Fran, too. Glad it turned out the way for you it did.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:04 PM   #46
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
I'm thinking about going there on vacation next summer. If there's enough to do, that is. I don't want to spend 2 weeks gazing at the Golden Gate, or something.

--Erwin
Old 12-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #47
merely human

Don't worry, Erwin, there's an obscenely huge number of things to do there, just like in any major metropolis. There are layers and pockets of things to discover.

And I intend to find/stumble on as much of them as possible. But first things first for me, I must establish myself physically, financially, and emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsie
Thanks. It's not over yet, though, until I'm gone from here.

It's possible for you to move there to live for a couple years, but I have to warn you, it's very expensive. You need to make good money just to live in the city (but it may not be as bad as NYC). I'll probably end up in Oakland (which I consider like Brooklyn is to NYC), the apartments there are more affordable.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I'm thinking about going there on vacation next summer. If there's enough to do, that is. I don't want to spend 2 weeks gazing at the Golden Gate, or something.

--Erwin
I spent three weeks in California last Summer, and trust me, there was plenty enough to do in SF to make me regret not to have a few more weeks.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #49
merely human

I figured your only regret was not having enough time to enjoy it all, Ninth.

And thank you for your support. You are a sweet thing.