You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Pale blue skies through a teardrop: I am single again

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #21
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I don't think I can put any sentiments better than others already have.

(((Trep)))

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #22
merely human

See The Sun
dido

I'm comin' 'round to open the blinds
You can't hide here any longer
My God you need to rinse those puffy eyes
You can't last here any longer

And yes they'll ask you where you've been
And you'll have to tell them again and again

And you probably don't want to hear tomorrow's another day
Well I promise you you'll see the sun again
And you're asking me why pain's the only way to happiness
And I promise you you'll see the sun again

Come on take my hand
We're going for a walk, I know you can
You can wear anything as long as it's not black
Please don't mourn forever
[He's] not coming back

And yes they'll ask you where you've been
And you'll have to tell them again and again

Do you remember telling me you found the sweetest thing of all
You said one day all this was worth dying for
So be thankful you knew [him] at all
But it's no more

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #23
Homer of Kittens

Hey Trep I am really sorry that your relatioship came to an end. You are a wonderful guy and it really saddens me seeing you sad. But don't worry, things will be wonderful for you soon, because of your positive outlook on life, and your big heart. Big hugs from me ((( Trepsie )))

Firefox rules
Old 12-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #24

What can I say... now you can look forward to "be a hunter again" .
And in any case, I'll break my rule, and offer you a (((Trep))).

EDIT: Gee, I didn't see you cited Dido above... funny coincidence.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
merely human

(((((Soccsie)))))

Thank you. Looks like you and I are now in the same boat.

(((((Ninth)))))

What rule is that?

And I guess you're right, I should move on "...to take a chance on life again".

Guys, seriously. He is pathetic. I think he really is addicted to the chatrooms. He's there right now! He's in there the second he comes home from work until bedtime. He's in there all weekend unless he goes out for errands. He was willing to get rid of me for the purpose of staying in the chatrooms and not having to feel 'obliged' to be there for me. And the great irony is that we met in the chatrooms!

I've decided to be more active in the public sphere of that chatroom, make friends there, and spread the word about him. Yes, I'm evil. But at the same time I want at least try and save anyone from doing the same thing I did and end up having my heart broken. The guy has some serious issues and I don't want anyone else to find that out the hard way if I can.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #26
OB

Sorry to hear about the break. Most of the regulars know I went through a horrible divorce(emotionally) earlier this year, so I have some "fresh" experience to draw from. It'll get better....it always does, and when you're not looking someone will pop up and snatch you.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #27
capsized.

Ah, shit! (Love is overrated!). Here's a song for you.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #28
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Guys, seriously. He is pathetic. I think he really is addicted to the chatrooms. He's there right now! He's in there the second he comes home from work until bedtime. He's in there all weekend unless he goes out for errands. He was willing to get rid of me for the purpose of staying in the chatrooms and not having to feel 'obliged' to be there for me. And the great irony is that we met in the chatrooms!
Any man who has someone like you right there in the room with him yet continues to cruise the chatrooms is a schmuck, pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
I've decided to be more active in the public sphere of that chatroom, make friends there, and spread the word about him. Yes, I'm evil. But at the same time I want at least try and save anyone from doing the same thing I did and end up having my heart broken. The guy has some serious issues and I don't want anyone else to find that out the hard way if I can.
Bravo Trep!

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #29
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Any man who has someone like you right there in the room with him yet continues to cruise the chatrooms is a schmuck, pure and simple.
Goddammit, Scotts!!

((((((((((Scottsie))))))))))

Quote:
Bravo Trep!
YES!!! Now I don't feel so bad as I have received your blessing! Muuuahahahahahaha!!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #30
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:

Beiddie, you may have the most honorable of intentions, but in the least it will look like "sour grapes", and at the worst it will look like vengeance. Be very, very careful how you word things, you don't want him suing you for defamation of character.

Lynsie
Old 12-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #31
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Goddammit, Scotts!!

((((((((((Scottsie))))))))))

YES!!! Now I don't feel so bad as I have received your blessing! Muuuahahahahahaha!!
Are you kidding? The way he treated you absolutely infuriated me! On more than one occasion I was tempted to come up there and whip the tar out of him! There is no excuse for his behavior, and many is the time I've beat my head against this desk wondering why you kept putting up with it. But, in an attempt to be a good friend, I kept my mouth shut and was supportive of whatever choices you made.
Any guy who doesn't get down on his knees every day and thank any deity he can think of that a wonderful person like you came into his life, let alone his home, should have his head examined at length. Even better, he should fall in love with someone exactly like himself, only worse, so he will know in the deepest cockles of his heart what an idiot he has been and how badly he has screwed up.
All my blessings to you. As if you had to ask.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-17-2005, 10:21 PM   #32
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Beiddie, you may have the most honorable of intentions, but in the least it will look like "sour grapes", and at the worst it will look like vengeance. Be very, very careful how you word things, you don't want him suing you for defamation of character.
I know, but knowing him well I seriously doubt he'd have the balls for reprisal without exposing himself to public humiliation via the possibility that he may truly be an internet addict, one that frequents chat rooms where at least %95 of participants are looking for sex.

Unfortunately I've already vented myself to a few sympathetic friends in there. And yes, you know me to be intelligent and cunning enough to cover my own back. Thanks for the warning.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:35 AM   #33
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

(((((Trepsie)))))

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:10 AM   #34

Quote:
What rule is that?
No hugs, just kisses on the cheeks.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:30 AM   #35
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

ooooooh man. I feel you Trep. BEEN THERE! Been hurt SOOOO many times. If you need me, I'm here for you.

Just simmer a while, play some games, and pick yourself up. It will pass. You just gotta let time do its thing and everything will be ok.

There are so many other hunky men waiting for you! you smart, wicked, witty mother****er!

lol. you knew I had to post my daily madonna pic for you.

AND YOU ARE MOVING TO SAN FRANCISCO! WE CAN FINALLY MEET!

Last edited by eriq; 12-18-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #36

Shit, Trep, sorry to hear about this. It's not like you didn't give it your best shot. I wish only the best for you.

Mike
Old 12-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #37
Squeaky

Hey, Trep. Really sorry about your break up.

(((Beiddie )))

It's really great to hear that you're moving on with things though. I just know there'll be so many wonderful things ahead for you.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #38
Citizen of Bizarro World

Knew something was up when you said he was dissing on your gaming habit.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #39
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Hey Trepsie, sorry to hear such sad news.

For what it's worth, I know how you feel, for I too am going through hell right now. Me and my GF broke up 2 weeks ago, after 3 years. This was probably the first and the last time I practiced long distance relationship. What's even worse, she's the second girl that dumped me in December, just around for the holidays, when being lonely sucks the most. And I was so looking forward to spending some time together with her. Needless to say December is now offically my personal worst, most hated month of the year.

I think lack of communication is crucial part why relationships crumble, my now ex-GF, like the one before her, never found it worthy to discuss any personal problems she was dealing with, instead, she carried it inside her... until she couldn't take it any longer and broke down from the pressure and weight. Problems never go away if you don't deal with them ASAP.

And now she's made a decision and I can't do thing about it. It's too late to talk, since she made up her mind... for both of us. She probably met someone else and didn't even have the courage to tell me.

I just wish this holiday season would end already.

Trepsie my friend, just hang in there, be brave and never give up, no matter what! If you need someone to talk, I'm here for you.

((( Trepsie )))

Last edited by VoodooFX; 12-18-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #40
Chris Barraclough

Hey Trep, I haven't been here long, but everyone's made me feel welcome, including you. I'm really bad at passing on condolences, but for what it's worth, I'm sorry man. Here's hoping you all the best at this difficult time, and hope you come out the other end shining.

Take care.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk