You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Silent Hill is Here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2005, 06:31 AM   #21
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Im worried though that if they make a second movie it would be based on SH 3 since thats the continuation of 1....

Ive been wondering abuot SH4...Is that related to 1 and 3? Or is it raleted to 2? or is it stand alone like 2 was?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #22
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Im worried though that if they make a second movie it would be based on SH 3 since thats the continuation of 1....

Ive been wondering abuot SH4...Is that related to 1 and 3? Or is it raleted to 2? or is it stand alone like 2 was?
Hmm, well I experienced all games as stand alones (I have played all except for the first). The only thing they have in common is that the town Silent Hill is involved in one way or the other. So I guess the answer to your question is no. But based on the still shots it looks like the movie will have elements from more or less all the games (the only thing I haven't seen is a chained door).
Old 12-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #23
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
Hmm, well I experienced all games as stand alones (I have played all except for the first). The only thing they have in common is that the town Silent Hill is involved in one way or the other. So I guess the answer to your question is no. But based on the still shots it looks like the movie will have elements from more or less all the games (the only thing I haven't seen is a chained door).
I though SH4 had your apartment door chained shut?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:13 AM   #24
OUATIJ Creator

Karmillo, Silent Hill 4 stands alone. There are some references to stuff in the other games, but it's small.

Henke, if you play the first, you will see that 1 and 3 are a continuation. 3 may be able to stand alone, but one of the coolest things about 3 for me was seeing how it connected to the first game.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #25
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I though SH4 had your apartment door chained shut?
Yes that's correct, until you find a hole in the wall that transports you to Silent Hill that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Henke, if you play the first, you will see that 1 and 3 are a continuation. 3 may be able to stand alone, but one of the coolest things about 3 for me was seeing how it connected to the first game.
Cool. The reason I haven't played it is because it isn't available on PC and I don't own a console.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #26
Chris Barraclough

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I doubt they'd make a film that non-silent hill people couldn't enjoy. Although I bet they put some random references for the others in there. I never got completely what was going on it the games anyway, I always felt like I was missing out on some imporatant stuff, like in the first one...
Spoiler:
with the doctor and his drugs, and the girl keeping her suffering on the very brink to make her pain summon the demon god....I dunno, I lost it at the point teddy bears stopped stabbing me in the legs!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 01-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #27
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Find out more about Silent Hill movie here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #28

Just noticed looking at the second to last of the flashed images, you can see (Spoiler) Pyramid Head

I suspect I may need to take a spare pair of underwear to the cinema
Old 01-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #29
OB

That's a nice teaser, but I doubt the film will look like that. Just fancy trailer post tricks and editing, although it would be great if it did look somewhat like that. Maybe it will.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #30
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default Silent Hill movie trailer (real trailer, not teaser)

Silent Hill fans take note: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...tw=640&qth=400

Also, is that music at the start from the game? It reminds me of a song somewhere in Silent Hill 2 (music box?) but I think I'm mistaken.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 01-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #31
merely human

That very brief bit of music at the end of the trailer is the instrumental 'theme' track from the first Silent Hill (which accompany the opening CG sequence).

Hmmm, not exactly sure what to say of the trailer itself. It's a cocktail of different scenes from the movie, done in a very typical way (making it look exactly like so many other horror movies out there: "Check out this cool scene, now check this out, and this!"). So as far as the trailer is concerned, it unfortunately trivializes the otherwise potent, elliptical 'poetry' of the Silent Hill world.

But the spitting straightjacket zombies look and the nurses look great. The story is essentially a repeat of the first Silent Hill, except that Harry Mason has been replaced by a woman, and she can actually make phone calls (?) from the otherwise 'dead zone' town.

Thanks, Jake.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #32
merely human

Jake put a heads up on the real trailer.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-19-2006, 09:23 PM   #33
Banned User

Do cops always wear skintight pleather pants?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #34
merely human

Yes, so that when heterosexual male drivers going over the speed limit see them in their rear view mirrors they'll be more likely to stop. I guess the ticket's worth it.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #35

Wow I can't wait to see this movie.
The trailer was a little cheesy but man seeing the creatures and whatnot is cool (Pyramid Head!!!)
Here's hoping this is the one that breaks the poor game to movie trend.

The music at the start of the trailer is Promise (Reprise) from SH2 but I can't remember where in the game it was.
I'm glad Akira Yamaoka is doing the music and sound design (though hopefully there wont be any burping monsters)
Old 01-20-2006, 02:26 AM   #36
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The trailer looks good, this might actually be the first game movie that is a good movie.

Still, the only reason I want to see it is Sean Bean.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:38 AM   #37
Banned User

I think they should stop making movies based on video games. It hurts the industry.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 AM   #38
Epinionated.

Combine threads?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #39
A Servicable Villain

This trailer has won me over more than the other one, even though it gave the impression the woman could only scream all the time and making her less of a personally tormented heroine and more... another scream queen.

Still, the inclusion of mannequins bodes very well, as do the wonderful backdrops. I did panic a bit at the sight of Silent Hill being actually populated by people! I'd judge it a pity if they'd try to make it more like a real town at first.

Of course, the most dangerous question remains how far they will go with explaining everything. I hope they'll leave most of it a mystery; push through the bodyhorror and arrive at that cathartic point where the viewer wouldn't even want answers anymore and is completely absolved in the dichotomy of the Silent Hill world.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #40
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I think they should stop making movies based on video games. It hurts the industry.
2005 was the best year( financially) in the history of gaming. I don't think it's hurting it. Most consumers know how to separate these terrible movies from what they shove in their console(although I hope they aren't shoving their CD trays shut ). However, I'm thinking the reason game movies aren't very good is because the source isn't very good, either. All the same "cheesy" monsters, bad acting and effects, etc are in the games, yet people complain when the movies turn out the same(whether they remain faithful to the source or not).

I think this one looks like it will work. Great source material, very good director, good writer, a great cinematographer, and now a nice trailer point to something that should not stink. They've tweaked a couple things, but it's still faithful, and this basically looks like the first game with some nods to the 2nd.