You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Tons of adventure and other games for sale/trade, should i get rid of them?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Jay Pellis Send a message via MSN to Jay Pellis Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Pellis
Default Tons of adventure and other games for sale/trade, should i get rid of them?

Hello everyone-
My name is Jay and I just joined the FFC forum. I am preparing to go away for grad school in the fall so I'm going through my tons and tons of pc/playstation1/playstation2
games and seeing which ones I want to sell/trade away, give away or keep. They are taking up a lot of space so I really would just love to get rid of all
of them lol but there are some I think I should probably never sell, since I may never find them again.
I am now creating a list of my pc games, tons of them in jewel cases with/with out manuals and a decent amount in boxes.
First, a little background on myself. I am a college student from Scranton, a small city in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I recently graduated in music performance
and am now heading to grad school at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh. I'll be majoring in electronic music composition/performance and hope to get in
to the field of writing music for video games or other media such as tv/movies.
I have been blind since birth, however I still play games. Haha it's a long story but the basics are that I started on the atari2600, went to the nes and
from there on to other systems. I play games by sound, memorizing things such as menus etc. Now a days I mostly play fighting games such as mortal kombat
and street fighter. I also just discovered the baseball game mlb06 the show for sony psp and it's really fun because of the play-by-play that tells me
what is going on. I've been looking for a playable baseball game for a while now, one where you can hear the pitch being thrown such as a woooooosh sound
so you can time hitting the swing button with the sound. This game also has auto fielding, the last baseball series i was able to play like this was the
triple play series for playstation1.
Anyhow now how all of this relates to adventure games and by that I refer to point and click adventures like the dig and kings quest and not to games such
as newer ones with action elements. I don't have a lot of close friends where I live but luckily I met this person named scott about 10 years ago. He is
also blind, however he has enough vision to see the screen of a tv or computer. Way back in the day of 486 computers, I showed him Kings Quest 6 and he
really enjoyed it, we solved it with out using a walkthrough. We both enjoyed the story and the tons of dialog also helped me understand the story and
what was going on, etc etc. We have a hard time getting together now a days since he has a tough time getting a ride to my house but whenever we do, we
play adventure games like crazy. We enjoy games just for the stories, so I load a walkthrough in to a portable computer I have and read it as we play the
game. Since when I head out to Pittsburgh, we'd see each other even less then we do now, I've come to the conclusion that it's time to part with most of
my game collection. Also, since windows xp has come out, i'm sure most of these games won't even run now. To use a computer, I use what is called a screen
reader program to read me the screen. This screen reader doesn't work with graphical games but it does work with for example, the VDM sound launcher program
since it is just using regular windows dialog boxes. I've been able to get some games running on my own with BDM sound but if I have to go further, with
out having sighted assistance, preferably from someone else who likes adventure games lol, there is no use in me keeping the games that need this further
configuring.
So what I am thinking is if anyone would like some or all of these games or if anyone would want to help me decide what I should keep, maybe you can e-mail
me or message me privately through aim/msn and we can chat. Then I could send you the huge list of games. I am starting with the pc games then going on
to ps1/ps2 games. I have some adventure games for those system but mostly action/adventure/rpg games that i will probably never get a chance to play with
anyone. Better yet, if anyone knows folks from pittsburgh or near there who would be willing to play these games along with me, that would be great! I
am pretty saddened to have to get rid of these games since I have collected them since 1996 or so, mostly used or from my tradings a few years back on
the game trading zone site.
Now I don't know how rare any of these games are but let me think of some I have, kings quest collection from 97 i think it is, shivers 1/2, phantasmagoria
collection, gabriel knight mysteries collection, gabriel knight 3, loom, myst 3 special edition and many many more.
As a favor, can you please send this message to anyone whom you think may be interested or post it to any other adventure forums?
Thanks for reading and have agood day!
Jay
Old 06-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
Bad command or file name

Watch the cut and paste action there. The double lines make your post more trouble to read than it's worth.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #3
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Could we get a full list?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #4

Yeah, I can't be arsed to read all of that.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax
Yeah, I can't be arsed to read all of that.
Have a heart, you lazy sod.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #6

Has a certain spammy feel to it...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
I've come for the fork!

a full list of what you have for sale would be nice, definatly. If your copy of Loom for example is the full original box.. on cd.. I'd definately be interested.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gnome
Has a certain spammy feel to it...
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:d...k&ct=clnk&cd=3