You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #22701
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You'll stay safely at arm's length, and wear a strange mask?

Go for it .

But seriously, you're so infinitely faster at typing on MSN that the discrepancy is noticeable.

(I'll rather charitably avoid pointing out the typos.)

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #22702
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

That's right, Jaz. He's a twerp. Kick his ass!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #22703
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

So true. But please don't.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #22704
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Is Mrs Urhan standing over your shoulder right now?
Since I was at the office at the time that would be a no. Just because you're not a fan of women's squidgy bits......
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
You've seen snails type?
I saw a cockroach type once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
She couldn't think of a reply. Writer's block, you know.
Women get that when they try to do things like think I've heard.

Mrs Urhan is most DEFINITELY not looking over my shoulder as I type stuff like that. Otherwise said sentence would finish "skldfkasgjasguapgaskfjakxfaskl" as she beats me to death with the keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
When did I gain the reputation of taking ages to reply to a thread, dammnit?! Theren was a time I was the fastest typer this side of the milkyway! I still am, I just take some time to research.

Beware, or I'll start treating you like a Plague doctor does with his patients.

-
You're a busy online person. You start replying and then you research (or have to do other stuff elsewhere) and the AG forums just think you're sitting there trying to come up with a single sentence. They are foolish that way. (I hear an echo saying "Much like men" for some reason )
Quote:
(I'll in a cowardly but undoubtedly sensible in the circumstances way avoid pointing out the typos.)
The above has been translated from bloke-speak for your reading onvenience.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #22705
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Just because you have to worry about a woman in the house reading your posts, doesn't mean that I do .

Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #22706
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Just because you have to worry about a woman in the house reading your posts, doesn't mean that I do .
Well, let me think. Uni Holidays. Back at home again. Are you sure that's the case?

Plus you can't discount the possibility of Jaz getting so enraged she comes across the Channel to hunt you down.

Cold Topic

Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #22707
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
You'll stay safely at arm's length, and wear a strange mask?

Go for it .

But seriously, you're so infinitely faster at typing on MSN that the discrepancy is noticeable.

(I'll rather charitably avoid pointing out the typos.)

Jepp. I'll poke you with a stick. A sharp one.

I'm glad you noticed there's a difference between my normal speed of typing and what I am currently achieving. I was this close to feeling hurt.

The reason for this slow speed is that I am currently working on my mother's notebook. One of my hard disks has gone bad, and I am currenlty "evacuating" all the files that can be salvaged. It's the drive that I got installed in my computer only recently. And to top it all off, it has most of my games including Neverwinter Nights 2 installed on it. And I had moved my "My documents" folder there, which had at *least* 20 GB. So now I have to backup the files onto the Server (which took 50 hours, using Salamander. 169 GB, that is. Usually it takes 5 minutes for 1 GB to be transferred with Salamander. For 169 GB that would be 14 hours and a few squashed ones, so that goes to show how messed up the hard drive is - it's slowing the whole thing down.), and now I'm moving "My Documents" back onto the C drive where it was previously.

All this means that I couldn't use my computer for the last three days. So I'm stuck with using my mother's notebook in the living room. My back hurts from lying on the couch for too long, and the stupid thing has only a touchpad for a mouse. I can use that thing very well, but I still hate it. If I ever get a notebook, I'll try and get one that has a trackball (much more comfortable to use those, once you get the hang of it) if they are still available. Also, the shift key on the left of the keyboard (which is the one I usually use on the notebook) is sticking to the keyboard somehow.

Also, the connection, while usually quite fast here too, sometimes is laggy, and has a tendency to set out every 20-30 minutes or so, so I have to restart the browser, reconnect, and at the worst times, restart the whole computer. And in the evening, it tends to break completely (I suspects it's because the shades are lowered over the windows then, although my father says it can't influence it since the wireless thingy is in the room. I know that of course, but until I have a better explanation for this breakdown of connection, I'm going to blame the shades. ). After some time trying to restart it, I give up and watch TV, or go to bed. So don't be surprised if I'm not on during the night right now.

Did I mention that my back hurts? Oh, and I think I have an inflammation of the appendix again.

So yeah, these past days have been shitty enough, so don't mess with me.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #22708

Oh, by the way. I saw "Transformers" with Karasu yesterday.

It was absolutely awesome. And funny. It was great.

Which reminds me of my childhood dream of one day owning a car that transforms into a giant robot.

Hey, a girl can dream, after all! And just think: GIANT ROBOTS!

-

Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #22709
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
So yeah, these past days have been shitty enough, so don't mess with me.
Whilst not sure of exact co-ordinates I'm not a million miles from Rob so I could nip up the coast and pan him if you wish me to.

Jat, even in the small country that is England, may be more tricky to pin down. (Plus, he might just like that. Being pinned down that is)

Sorry to hear about the back and appendix. Hope things are better soon.

Cold Topic

Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #22710

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Whilst not sure of exact co-ordinates I'm not a million miles from Rob so I could nip up the coast and pan him if you wish me to.

Jat, even in the small country that is England, may be more tricky to pin down. (Plus, he might just like that. Being pinned down that is)

Sorry to hear about the back and appendix. Hope things are better soon.
You would do that for me? Thank you! Please do that. And while you're at it, please hit him over the head with New Ninth Edition of the Chambers Dictionary. If he misbehaves again, you can pan him again, only this time you can hit him over the head with "The Small Dicitionary of the English Language" (Which is everything *but* small. Seriously, the thing is 35*30*20 cm of paper in hard cover. I wonder how large the big Dictionary is, if this one is the small one.)

-

Old 08-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #22711
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
You would do that for me? Thank you! Please do that. And while you're at it, please hit him over the head with New Ninth Edition of the Chambers Dictionary. If he misbehaves again, you can pan him again, only this time you can hit him over the head with "The Small Dicitionary of the English Language" (Which is everything *but* small. Seriously, the thing is 35*30*20 cm of paper in hard cover. I wonder how large the big Dictionary is, if this one is the small one.)

-
That wouldn't be panning. That would be dictionarying. Which is not only harder to pronounce but could involve potential damage to an important reference work. (More important than Rob's head anyway. )

Can I just drop a Shorter(?) Oxford Dictionary on him and have done with it. It would have the added benefit of irony given it's source town.

Cold Topic

Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #22712
kamikaze hummingbirds

Diddly-di-didee.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #22713

Quote:
That wouldn't be panning. That would be dictionarying. Which is not only harder to pronounce but could involve potential damage to an important reference work. (More important than Rob's head anyway. )

Can I just drop a Shorter(?) Oxford Dictionary on him and have done with it. It would have the added benefit of irony given it's source town.

Very well, I allow you to do so. If the Shorter Oxford Dictionary is at least as large as the Chambers Dictionary, of course.

-

Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #22714
Lovable rogue

Quote:
I'm highly elusive, and how do you know about my fantasy of being manhandled by the sexy amateur wrestler?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #22715
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Very well, I allow you to do so. If the Shorter Oxford Dictionary is at least as large as the Chambers Dictionary, of course.

-
I have Chambers. It's larger.

Cold Topic

Old 08-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #22716
Lovable rogue

Diane Chambers?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #22717
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Gah. Three days is nothing. I've been without my computer for a fortnight (and that doesn't include the week it took to get them to take it away for repair). Somehow it takes FIFTEEN WORKING DAYS to repair a computer (to the best of my knowledge, it's still sitting in a queue waiting to be looked at) .

And I have the complete OED. Only it's online.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #22718

Quote:
I have Chambers. It's larger.

Do you have the measurements? If possible in centimeters? Is it larger than the "Small Dictionary of the English Language"?

-

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #22719
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:

-
The English dictionaries aren't big enough. May I recommend any transcript of a British talk show episode instead?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #22720
Lovable rogue

I suggest Parky.