View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #22707
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
You'll stay safely at arm's length, and wear a strange mask?

Go for it .

But seriously, you're so infinitely faster at typing on MSN that the discrepancy is noticeable.

(I'll rather charitably avoid pointing out the typos.)

Jepp. I'll poke you with a stick. A sharp one.

I'm glad you noticed there's a difference between my normal speed of typing and what I am currently achieving. I was this close to feeling hurt.

The reason for this slow speed is that I am currently working on my mother's notebook. One of my hard disks has gone bad, and I am currenlty "evacuating" all the files that can be salvaged. It's the drive that I got installed in my computer only recently. And to top it all off, it has most of my games including Neverwinter Nights 2 installed on it. And I had moved my "My documents" folder there, which had at *least* 20 GB. So now I have to backup the files onto the Server (which took 50 hours, using Salamander. 169 GB, that is. Usually it takes 5 minutes for 1 GB to be transferred with Salamander. For 169 GB that would be 14 hours and a few squashed ones, so that goes to show how messed up the hard drive is - it's slowing the whole thing down.), and now I'm moving "My Documents" back onto the C drive where it was previously.

All this means that I couldn't use my computer for the last three days. So I'm stuck with using my mother's notebook in the living room. My back hurts from lying on the couch for too long, and the stupid thing has only a touchpad for a mouse. I can use that thing very well, but I still hate it. If I ever get a notebook, I'll try and get one that has a trackball (much more comfortable to use those, once you get the hang of it) if they are still available. Also, the shift key on the left of the keyboard (which is the one I usually use on the notebook) is sticking to the keyboard somehow.

Also, the connection, while usually quite fast here too, sometimes is laggy, and has a tendency to set out every 20-30 minutes or so, so I have to restart the browser, reconnect, and at the worst times, restart the whole computer. And in the evening, it tends to break completely (I suspects it's because the shades are lowered over the windows then, although my father says it can't influence it since the wireless thingy is in the room. I know that of course, but until I have a better explanation for this breakdown of connection, I'm going to blame the shades. ). After some time trying to restart it, I give up and watch TV, or go to bed. So don't be surprised if I'm not on during the night right now.

Did I mention that my back hurts? Oh, and I think I have an inflammation of the appendix again.

So yeah, these past days have been shitty enough, so don't mess with me.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!