You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #21
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'm Scorpio, like Mr Lacey.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 AM   #22
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Temp: Yeah, I clicked on the link. I've seen the joke before, so it didn't faze me.

In any case, while I think fortune-telling in general is mostly a load of crock, I find the personality aspects of the zodiac interesting. I'm basically an odd cross between Pisces and its opposing sign, Virgo.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 11-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #23
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Couldn't decide on which picture to post, so here are most of them:

Also, I was born in the year of the Hare (either just at the beginning, or just at the end. I can't remember.)

And I like to imagine that I was born under the constellation of "Gahoolie, the Vase of Tulips".

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #24

Bow Wow

I'm a dog.

Quote:
Dogs are loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics. However, this Sign has trouble trusting others. It's generally quite trustworthy itself -- except for the occasional "little white lies" the Dog tells in order to make things go more smoothly. The Dog makes a wonderful, discreet and loyal friend (despite any white lies) and is an excellent listener. This Sign tends to root for the underdog and its keen sense of right and wrong makes it duty-bound to the core. The Dog's mantra seems to be, Live right, look out for the little people and fight injustice whenever possible.
I normally frown on the strological signs, horroscopes and the whole mumbo jumbo but that description fits me very well.

Scott, you are a horse. And looki, looki,

Quote:
The most compatible match for a Dog is the Tiger or the Horse.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Bow Wow

I'm a dog.
How can know what I am?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #26
Psychonaut

I was born in the year of the Dog as well.

Woof Woof!!

P.s Ninth is a Horse

Horse Male

The male Horse is a perpetual pauper, as when you get a little you immediate spend it on pleasant pursuits for yourself and any of your friends that might tag along on your outlandish jaunts. You appear to be incurably positive but are actually a closet pessimist, always worrying about the future but never uttering a word about your grave misgivings. This hidden faculty, combined with your natural hale and hearty nature (and robust ego) makes you a born leader, as long as you can count upon the unconditional support of those who may follow. You have an independent streak, and are not afraid of giving voice to unpopular opinions that may scandalize the bluestocking crowd. Impeccably groomed in public, your private abode is kept in comfortable disarray.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
How can know what I am?
http://chinese.astrology.com/index.html

It's a fab site if you are interested in Chinese Astrology.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #28

Quote:
http://chinese.astrology.com/index.html

It's a fab site if you are interested in Chinese Astrology.
It says here that I'm a goat...
-> Lucien.

It says that I'm a good match for the rabbit.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 AM   #29
Psychonaut

Quote:
It says here that I'm a goat...
-> Lucien.

It says that I'm a good match for the rabbit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...dar_and_Zodiac

On this one it says Horse.

Oops read wrong year. Your a goat.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...dar_and_Zodiac

On this one it says Horse.

Oops read wrong year. Your a goat.
Shut up, you dog!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #31
Psychonaut

Quote:
Shut up, you dog!
Go butt a wall.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:08 AM   #32

Chinese signs are based on lunar callendar. Lunar callendar is not as accurate as the solar callendar and the beginning of the lunar year can lag a month or two. So if your birth day falls in Janiary or February, you need to be careful. That website I posted takes this into consideration.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Go butt a wall.

Go bite someone else.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:29 AM   #34
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Chinese signs are based on lunar callendar. Lunar callendar is not as accurate as the solar callendar and the beginning of the lunar year can lag a month or two. So if your birth day falls in Janiary or February, you need to be careful. That website I posted takes this into consideration.

I know that. That famous picture of me contemplating the red paper sheath with the chopsticks was taken at my FCR, on the last day of that year's Chinese New Year celebrations.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:31 AM   #35
Super Moderator

I'm an Earth Monkey - Some of the things fit me, some don't.

Quote:
The spunky Monkey is the original party animal! Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind.
Not me.

Quote:
Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics. Monkeys have a show-off side that loves nothing more than to dazzle their pals with all they know.
That fits (unfortunately sometimes)

Quote:
In love, the Monkey makes a fun, exciting lover -- but one that may have the potential to stray romantically.
I'd like to think I was exciting but I would NEVER stray.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #36
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
I was born in the year of the Dog as well.

Woof Woof!!

Horse Male

The male Horse is a perpetual pauper, as when you get a little you immediate spend it on pleasant pursuits for yourself and any of your friends that might tag along on your outlandish jaunts. You appear to be incurably positive but are actually a closet pessimist, always worrying about the future but never uttering a word about your grave misgivings. This hidden faculty, combined with your natural hale and hearty nature (and robust ego) makes you a born leader, as long as you can count upon the unconditional support of those who may follow. You have an independent streak, and are not afraid of giving voice to unpopular opinions that may scandalize the bluestocking crowd. Impeccably groomed in public, your private abode is kept in comfortable disarray.
Oh my God! That description nails me to a "T"!
Yep, I'm a horse, no doubt about it.
A Fire Horse, that is.

Share the love.

<3

Last edited by Sage; 11-08-2005 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:54 AM   #37
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies! Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it. Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and maintaining control.
Get in line, everyone. There's a new king around here!

Quote:
Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle, be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.
What? The last paragraph was OK, but this one is more than a little suspect when it comes to describing me. King of seduction? HA HA HA HA HA.

Quote:
A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.
Possibly true. I don't know.

Quote:
A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is "moderation in all things." Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.
Yay! Wealth and fame, here I come .

Quote:
The most compatible match for a Tiger is the Horse or the Dog.
So about half of this forum then. Weird.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:41 AM   #38
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Heh. Now, the Chinese zodiac I never put much stock in. For instance, I'm supposedly born in the year of the Monkey, but very, very little of it fits me.

Quote:
The spunky Monkey is the original party animal! Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process.
Er, not even close. I am not charming or energetic, I hate parties, and while I do like having fun it doesn't involve stimulating the senses. (Stimulating the mind, yes, but senses, no.) Furthermore I prefer to find one small group of close friends and stick with them.

Quote:
Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind.
Nope, I'm a pessimist. And there's no wit or sharpness in my slow-as-molasses brain!

Quote:
Perhaps surprisingly, Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics.
Now, this actually partly fits me. I like listening to people to try to help them out, and I'm incredibly curious about everything. I also know a broad range of useless facts in various subjects. I'm not good at complicated situations, however.

Quote:
Monkeys have a show-off side that loves nothing more than to dazzle their pals with all they know.
Er, I hope not!

Quote:
The Monkey tends to be rather accident-prone due to a certain lack of very high morals. This Sign's first interest is pursuing its own pleasure; this is not a malicious interest, it's just the way the Monkey is. However, this kind of carefree self-involvement can lead to all kinds of scrapes. In love, the Monkey makes a fun, exciting lover -- but one that may have the potential to stray romantically. The good news is, the Monkey’s glib manner and witty repartee can often get this Sign out of a scrape. Perhaps not everyone will be won over by the Monkey -- but do you think the Monkey really cares? The Monkey's world, full of devil-may-care energy and revelry, isn't for everyone. Remember, though, it's not that this Sign is mean; it might just be a bit too curious for its own good. Monkeys often feel the need to try everything at least once, which can make for a merry-go-round of relationships.
Heh, no way! I'm extremely cautious and controlled; I feel moderation is always the best practice. I also focus on other people far more than I do myself.

I am accident-prone, though, it's just due to extreme clumsiness instead.

Quote:
The Monkey's love of self-indulgence can also lead to other types of trouble. This Sign may have limited self-control concerning food, alcohol and other pleasurable activities. It's party time all the time for the Monkey, yet when it leads to a monster hangover or a shattered heart (generally someone else's, not theirs), this Sign might actually show a touch of remorse. They won't flat-out admit the error of their ways, but at least they'll pull back and try to tone things down -- for a while.
Nope, as I said, I practice moderation and self-control. I try to avoid addiction and over-indulgence whenever possible.

Quote:
Monkeys must try to learn to think of others ahead of themselves, at least some of the time. This Sign's world will be more complete once it realizes the world doesn't revolve around it.
Sorry, I *hate* being the center of attention.

Same thing with my roommate... he was born in the year of the Snake, and the description fits him not at all. However, in the "basic" zodiac he's a Leo, and that description fits him almost to a T.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #39
merely human

Guess what? Chinese 'scopes say I'm also a Horse.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #40
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Right, I'm coming round to seduce you all. RIGHT NOW!

This is a lie.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.